“Convenient stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hockey Package
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Convenient stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night, meeting some friends who were flying in the morning after us. It couldn't have been more convenient (just a short bridge walk from the airport terminal), but if we were staying in Pittsburgh for more than one night I would have chosen to stay in town.

The room was very comfortable and SUPER QUIET considering there were airplanes taking off and landing just a short distance away.

The bar was friendly, the bartender was full of smiles and genuine Pittsburgh pride. And the server at breakfast

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good day gretchenenders,

Thank you for being our guest and for your several positive comments on your stay. I will certainly be sure to share your feedback with our bartending staff and the breakfast servers in the restaurant. Thank you again, we hope to see you in the future.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Although very convenient to the airport, this hotel staff is far below Hyatt standards and even below reasonable industry standards. I was booked into a Luxury room "Package" by my travel agent, but was not informed of this when I checked in. So the credit towards food and drink which was paid for, was unknown to me. I was also supposed to receive free internet as part of this package (I assumed I would have free internet included). When I tried to log into the internet and found that it cost $10 for 1 day, I declined. So the free internet was obviously never turned on, as it should have been. When I brought all this up at checkout the next morning after seeing my bill for over $370, the Desk Clerk could only repeat "Sorry about that". I also called after checkout to have Housekeeping send me the phone charger I left behind, and never received a return call. This hotel has a very unprofessional and unconcerned staff and is not worth the price charged.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good day jaka_1,

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t informed of some of the complimentary services that were included in your reservation. I would be happy to speak with you personally at any time to get this sorted out, and to assist you with the retrieval of your lost and found. It is upsetting to hear that this wasn’t done from the onset, but I assure you I will address it and assist you any way possible. I look forward to speaking with you.

West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an early morning flight and did not want to have to catch a shuttle or cab to the airport, so we chose the Hyatt. It is located in the long term parking area of the airport. We got the Park and Fly package, but next time I would just pay for the parking separate. You do not gain anything by booking your parking through the Hyatt. I thought they would have a separate lot, but they do not. The pool and hot tub area is great and you can watch planes arrive and depart while you relax. The people mover had us from the hotel to our check-in desk in the airport in seven minutes! It was very convenient for early morning travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day Jazzsmith,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star rating. We really appreciate all of your comments and hope you choose Hyatt in the future if you plan on returning to the Pittsburgh area. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you please let me know. Have a great day.

Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had a 6a international flight and the Hyatt made it easy. It has a moving escalator to take you to the airport, pretty convenient at that hour. The room was comfortable and quiet. We ate dinner at the hotel, because that was our only option. It's extremely overpriced, ask for the bar menu unless you want to pay for $25-30 per entree. We did win a 20% off scratch ticket from check-in, which was nice. To kick off our honeymoon travels, the Hyatt was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day lindsfuss,

Thank you for your 4-Star rating and recommendation. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our location prior to an early flight, and that the staff in the restaurant took care of you during your stay. We hope to see you again, thank you.

Pataskala, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Maybe I'm spoiled but I expect a certain set of amenities from a 3+ star hotel. This hotel has them, but they all cost extra. Parking: add $13 to $25 per night. Internet service: add $10-$20 per night. No refrigerator, no microwave, no free breakfast. Even the beds--my room had 2 DOUBLE beds, not even queens! No view...you are at the airport. No easy access to any restaurants. And if you leave to eat and come back you have to pay ANOTHER $13! The pool is on the second floor so using it at night means you are in a lighted glass room in your bathing suit for everyone schlepping in from long term parking to ogle.

To be fair, however, the front desk staff was outstanding. Very knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with at least queen beds and one that does not have an adjoining door!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Good day virtvacat,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments about our front desk staff. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find value in your room rate due to the additional charges for parking and breakfast. Please note that we do offer room packages that include these services at a reduced rate. I would be happy to assist you with a future reservation if at all possible, or answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you in the future.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A last minute decision to spend the night in Pittsburgh landed us at the Hyatt Regency. Thanks to priceline, we got a great rate and arrived close to 11pm. We were checked in by a very friendly, knowledgeable staff member (sorry I don't remember her name) who gave us a high floor room (our request) and great directions on where to park that would be the shortest walking distance and detailed pricing.
Our room was very spacious and clean looking. A nice escape after a day of driving and shopping. I forgot my tooth brush, and a very kind "Brenda" who answered my call to the front desk, quickly brought me one, along with toothpaste, and wouldn't even take a gratuity. So kind!
My only complaint would be, in this day and age, the wifi should be free. That said, we would definately stay here again! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day laredo53b,

Thank you for your amazing review and great comments about Brenda at the front desk. We really appreciate your business and we value you as our guest. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know, thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location with extremely helpful staff. Two day stay for business, Forgot some items at home that were immediately taken care of by the hotel. Travel all the time for work...have not one bad thing to say about this place, Save the fact that the restaurant is extremely overpriced with only average food. Plan on taking a shuttle to other areas to grab something to eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you Skysoldier4life, for your very encouraging 4-star review and kind comments. We appreciate your feedback on our staff members and location, and are pleased to hear that you had a positive stay. If there is anything we can ever do for you please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you again for being our guest. Have a great day.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!