“Great airport location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Virginia
“Great airport location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an early morning flight and did not want to have to catch a shuttle or cab to the airport, so we chose the Hyatt. It is located in the long term parking area of the airport. We got the Park and Fly package, but next time I would just pay for the parking separate. You do not gain anything by booking your parking through the Hyatt. I thought they would have a separate lot, but they do not. The pool and hot tub area is great and you can watch planes arrive and depart while you relax. The people mover had us from the hotel to our check-in desk in the airport in seven minutes! It was very convenient for early morning travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good day Jazzsmith,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star rating. We really appreciate all of your comments and hope you choose Hyatt in the future if you plan on returning to the Pittsburgh area. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you please let me know. Have a great day.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had a 6a international flight and the Hyatt made it easy. It has a moving escalator to take you to the airport, pretty convenient at that hour. The room was comfortable and quiet. We ate dinner at the hotel, because that was our only option. It's extremely overpriced, ask for the bar menu unless you want to pay for $25-30 per entree. We did win a 20% off scratch ticket from check-in, which was nice. To kick off our honeymoon travels, the Hyatt was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day lindsfuss,

Thank you for your 4-Star rating and recommendation. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our location prior to an early flight, and that the staff in the restaurant took care of you during your stay. We hope to see you again, thank you.

Pataskala, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Maybe I'm spoiled but I expect a certain set of amenities from a 3+ star hotel. This hotel has them, but they all cost extra. Parking: add $13 to $25 per night. Internet service: add $10-$20 per night. No refrigerator, no microwave, no free breakfast. Even the beds--my room had 2 DOUBLE beds, not even queens! No view...you are at the airport. No easy access to any restaurants. And if you leave to eat and come back you have to pay ANOTHER $13! The pool is on the second floor so using it at night means you are in a lighted glass room in your bathing suit for everyone schlepping in from long term parking to ogle.

To be fair, however, the front desk staff was outstanding. Very knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with at least queen beds and one that does not have an adjoining door!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Good day virtvacat,

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments about our front desk staff. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find value in your room rate due to the additional charges for parking and breakfast. Please note that we do offer room packages that include these services at a reduced rate. I would be happy to assist you with a future reservation if at all possible, or answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you in the future.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A last minute decision to spend the night in Pittsburgh landed us at the Hyatt Regency. Thanks to priceline, we got a great rate and arrived close to 11pm. We were checked in by a very friendly, knowledgeable staff member (sorry I don't remember her name) who gave us a high floor room (our request) and great directions on where to park that would be the shortest walking distance and detailed pricing.
Our room was very spacious and clean looking. A nice escape after a day of driving and shopping. I forgot my tooth brush, and a very kind "Brenda" who answered my call to the front desk, quickly brought me one, along with toothpaste, and wouldn't even take a gratuity. So kind!
My only complaint would be, in this day and age, the wifi should be free. That said, we would definately stay here again! :)

Good day laredo53b,

Thank you for your amazing review and great comments about Brenda at the front desk. We really appreciate your business and we value you as our guest. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know, thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location with extremely helpful staff. Two day stay for business, Forgot some items at home that were immediately taken care of by the hotel. Travel all the time for work...have not one bad thing to say about this place, Save the fact that the restaurant is extremely overpriced with only average food. Plan on taking a shuttle to other areas to grab something to eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you Skysoldier4life, for your very encouraging 4-star review and kind comments. We appreciate your feedback on our staff members and location, and are pleased to hear that you had a positive stay. If there is anything we can ever do for you please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you again for being our guest. Have a great day.

Alcoa, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very unimpressed with this hotel, especially after a long trip to the hotel and being really tired and frustrated from all the 346 construction traffic. So my first impression, and lasting, was of the two fake front desk helpers. Kind of reminded me of Bobby and Cindy from the Brady Bunch if they were ever asked to work a front desk. One of them asked how my day was going, and after telling them, they went right into telling me where my room was, and the elevator. Never once acted like they were listening to me. Oh well.

Anytime a hotel wants to nickle and dime me for every little thing, it reminds me why I stay at hotels like a CHOICE or Best Western brand. They wanted $3.50 for a bottle of water; over $9.00 for the internet; and $25 to park our car. No free breakfast, but room service for $$$$ an item. We had to walk a mile from our parking space to the hotel, good thing is wasn't raining. Also, could hear the honeymooners next door all night as well as people walking up and down the hallway. One must of had an argument around 9:00 p.m. and then made up for it around midnight. Very bad soundproofing throughout the hotel.

Freebies: They let us print our airline tickets (other sites were blocked); something called coffee; TV, soap, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, and a newspaper. The bed was so so too.

Come on guys, make it worth my while to stay at your supposedly 4 STAR resort.

Compare Best Western: Free hot Continental breakfast with eggs, bacon and a waffle as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, and coffees to choose from with a friendly real person to help you out. Free super fast WIFE. Free newspapers and bathroom items too. And, never a parking fee. Ok, so no Starbucks on site, big deal.

Got the room through Hotwire, so really couldn't tell what I was going to get. I can tell you this though, I will never use Hotwire again as they could care less what kind of hotel or room you eventually end up with. In the long run, I way overpaid for this room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good afternoon, I am very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our hotel due to the lack of complimentary inclusions. We strive to offer fair rates and value for our customers. For guests who are only staying with us for a short period of time we offer our room accommodations at the lowest possible rate. If you are interested in including breakfast, credits for meals in the restaurant, parking or internet services, we offer those in a package rate at a deep discount. I apologize that this was not properly explained to you at the time of booking, and that we didn’t provide you with the types of services you needed during your visit.
I would be happy to assist you with a future reservation, and to explain further our inclusive packages, which I feel you will find very valuable for the money.
We do very much appreciate your feedback, and we hope you have a better experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if there is ever anything I can do for you. Have a great day.

Chris Palid - Director of Rooms
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in two rooms at this hotel due be being required to be there to attend a company conference. The first room was missing much of the seal around the tub and the open gap was black with mildew. In addition the grout between the ceramic tiles was black with mildew as well. When I requested to be moved to another room the tub and tiles were better, but still black with mildew. The hotel representative that accompanied me to the second room stated that she found the cleanliness of the rooms generally poor, but that hotel management considered that most guests are only in for one night anyway and it is not really important.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before checking in and giving them a credit card.
Green Features: Ask to see the room before you check in and inspect the linens and bathrooms before accepting the filth.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Richard M,

I am very sorry to hear that the rooms you stayed in were not properly maintained. We take our guest room cleanliness extremely seriously, as it is the number one most important factors in a pleasant stay. Our rooms are deep cleaned regularly, and we have a very aggressive maintenance program that includes cleaning and replacement if necessary of all bathroom fixtures including bathroom tiles. I feel that your experience was definitely not the norm at our property, and I hope you accept our apologies and give us a chance on your next visit to Pittsburgh.

If you could please contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience, I would be happy to discuss this further with you and obtain the details of your visit so I may address your concerns.

Thank you for being our guest, we hope to see you again in the future.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!