“GREAT STAY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hockey Package
GreenLeadersSilver level
ny
“GREAT STAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A last minute decision to spend the night in Pittsburgh landed us at the Hyatt Regency. Thanks to priceline, we got a great rate and arrived close to 11pm. We were checked in by a very friendly, knowledgeable staff member (sorry I don't remember her name) who gave us a high floor room (our request) and great directions on where to park that would be the shortest walking distance and detailed pricing.
Our room was very spacious and clean looking. A nice escape after a day of driving and shopping. I forgot my tooth brush, and a very kind "Brenda" who answered my call to the front desk, quickly brought me one, along with toothpaste, and wouldn't even take a gratuity. So kind!
My only complaint would be, in this day and age, the wifi should be free. That said, we would definately stay here again! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good day laredo53b,

Thank you for your amazing review and great comments about Brenda at the front desk. We really appreciate your business and we value you as our guest. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know, thanks again.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location with extremely helpful staff. Two day stay for business, Forgot some items at home that were immediately taken care of by the hotel. Travel all the time for work...have not one bad thing to say about this place, Save the fact that the restaurant is extremely overpriced with only average food. Plan on taking a shuttle to other areas to grab something to eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you Skysoldier4life, for your very encouraging 4-star review and kind comments. We appreciate your feedback on our staff members and location, and are pleased to hear that you had a positive stay. If there is anything we can ever do for you please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you again for being our guest. Have a great day.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very unimpressed with this hotel, especially after a long trip to the hotel and being really tired and frustrated from all the 346 construction traffic. So my first impression, and lasting, was of the two fake front desk helpers. Kind of reminded me of Bobby and Cindy from the Brady Bunch if they were ever asked to work a front desk. One of them asked how my day was going, and after telling them, they went right into telling me where my room was, and the elevator. Never once acted like they were listening to me. Oh well.

Anytime a hotel wants to nickle and dime me for every little thing, it reminds me why I stay at hotels like a CHOICE or Best Western brand. They wanted $3.50 for a bottle of water; over $9.00 for the internet; and $25 to park our car. No free breakfast, but room service for $$$$ an item. We had to walk a mile from our parking space to the hotel, good thing is wasn't raining. Also, could hear the honeymooners next door all night as well as people walking up and down the hallway. One must of had an argument around 9:00 p.m. and then made up for it around midnight. Very bad soundproofing throughout the hotel.

Freebies: They let us print our airline tickets (other sites were blocked); something called coffee; TV, soap, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, and a newspaper. The bed was so so too.

Come on guys, make it worth my while to stay at your supposedly 4 STAR resort.

Compare Best Western: Free hot Continental breakfast with eggs, bacon and a waffle as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, and coffees to choose from with a friendly real person to help you out. Free super fast WIFE. Free newspapers and bathroom items too. And, never a parking fee. Ok, so no Starbucks on site, big deal.

Got the room through Hotwire, so really couldn't tell what I was going to get. I can tell you this though, I will never use Hotwire again as they could care less what kind of hotel or room you eventually end up with. In the long run, I way overpaid for this room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good afternoon, I am very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our hotel due to the lack of complimentary inclusions. We strive to offer fair rates and value for our customers. For guests who are only staying with us for a short period of time we offer our room accommodations at the lowest possible rate. If you are interested in including breakfast, credits for meals in the restaurant, parking or internet services, we offer those in a package rate at a deep discount. I apologize that this was not properly explained to you at the time of booking, and that we didn’t provide you with the types of services you needed during your visit.
I would be happy to assist you with a future reservation, and to explain further our inclusive packages, which I feel you will find very valuable for the money.
We do very much appreciate your feedback, and we hope you have a better experience on your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if there is ever anything I can do for you. Have a great day.

Chris Palid - Director of Rooms
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in two rooms at this hotel due be being required to be there to attend a company conference. The first room was missing much of the seal around the tub and the open gap was black with mildew. In addition the grout between the ceramic tiles was black with mildew as well. When I requested to be moved to another room the tub and tiles were better, but still black with mildew. The hotel representative that accompanied me to the second room stated that she found the cleanliness of the rooms generally poor, but that hotel management considered that most guests are only in for one night anyway and it is not really important.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before checking in and giving them a credit card.
Green Features: Ask to see the room before you check in and inspect the linens and bathrooms before accepting the filth.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Richard M,

I am very sorry to hear that the rooms you stayed in were not properly maintained. We take our guest room cleanliness extremely seriously, as it is the number one most important factors in a pleasant stay. Our rooms are deep cleaned regularly, and we have a very aggressive maintenance program that includes cleaning and replacement if necessary of all bathroom fixtures including bathroom tiles. I feel that your experience was definitely not the norm at our property, and I hope you accept our apologies and give us a chance on your next visit to Pittsburgh.

If you could please contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience, I would be happy to discuss this further with you and obtain the details of your visit so I may address your concerns.

Thank you for being our guest, we hope to see you again in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Booked through priceline, so I was not aware that the hotel was AT the airport, and would have special parking concerns. You can pay about 25 to park just outside of the hotel, or something like 7 bucks to park in long term parking that is maybe 1/4 mile away. They gave us 2 full sized bed when we requested a queen. Other than that, the hotel was nice and clean. Rooms were quiet. I would have appreciate some kind of quick breakfast option, if only just some coffee/juice and fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Good day Voytko, thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t properly informed of the additional charge for parking prior to your visit. The hotel offers VIP parking on the front drive at the rate of $25 per day, in addition to parking in the Extended Lot ($8) or the Long Term lot ($13) of the airport.

We appreciate your 4-Star rating and your comments on our quiet and clean guestrooms. We hope you choose Hyatt for your next visit to Pittsburgh. If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again, and have a great day.

Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt when our flight was around 6am and it was very comfortable for the night. The check in was quick and professional, no problems. The room was clean and comfy as advertised. Be warned, you will have to park at the airport and pay those prices. I forgot to bring a bottle of water or two as the one in the room was $3.50 if you used it, I walked down to the machine and got one for much less.

The hotel seems to gear more for business travelers but we always check and sometimes the price is reasonable so we stay here. It is nice to walk right into the airport without having to worry about parking, etc in the morning of the trip. All in all, we were happy with the Hyatt!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation suzielouwho. I am glad to hear that you and your family found the hotel convenient, clean and problem-free. We hope to see you again on your next trip, or if you have an early flight to catch. If there is anything I can do to assist you please let me know. Thank you again, have a great day.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently. It is only a short walk to the airport and very convenient. The hotel is clean and the staff quite helpful in general. The only negative thing that happened was the lounge staff inflated a bill and added almost a 50 percent tip for themselves. We complained and the manager said he would take care of it and email us, but it still hasn't happened. Other than that, we would recommend the hotel. Also, has a nice pool for kids.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the runways so you could see the planes land and take off.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Good day SD – thank you for your review and positive comments on our clean and convenient location, as well as your interactions staff. I’m pleased to hear your kids enjoyed our pool facilities. I apologize that your restaurant check hasn’t been corrected yet, please contact me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to correct the issue and email you a new receipt. Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind review.

724-899-6141

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!