Very unimpressed with this hotel, especially after a long trip to the hotel and being really tired and frustrated from all the 346 construction traffic. So my first impression, and lasting, was of the two fake front desk helpers. Kind of reminded me of Bobby and Cindy from the Brady Bunch if they were ever asked to work a front desk. One of them asked how my day was going, and after telling them, they went right into telling me where my room was, and the elevator. Never once acted like they were listening to me. Oh well.
Anytime a hotel wants to nickle and dime me for every little thing, it reminds me why I stay at hotels like a CHOICE or Best Western brand. They wanted $3.50 for a bottle of water; over $9.00 for the internet; and $25 to park our car. No free breakfast, but room service for $$$$ an item. We had to walk a mile from our parking space to the hotel, good thing is wasn't raining. Also, could hear the honeymooners next door all night as well as people walking up and down the hallway. One must of had an argument around 9:00 p.m. and then made up for it around midnight. Very bad soundproofing throughout the hotel.
Freebies: They let us print our airline tickets (other sites were blocked); something called coffee; TV, soap, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, and a newspaper. The bed was so so too.
Come on guys, make it worth my while to stay at your supposedly 4 STAR resort.
Compare Best Western: Free hot Continental breakfast with eggs, bacon and a waffle as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, and coffees to choose from with a friendly real person to help you out. Free super fast WIFE. Free newspapers and bathroom items too. And, never a parking fee. Ok, so no Starbucks on site, big deal.
Got the room through Hotwire, so really couldn't tell what I was going to get. I can tell you this though, I will never use Hotwire again as they could care less what kind of hotel or room you eventually end up with. In the long run, I way overpaid for this room.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport
- Hyatt Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.