“Decent airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fribourg, Switzerland
“Decent airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best thing about this hotel us that it is located next to (walk through a connecting corridor) the airport. For business this is great.
The rooms are large but the walls between the rooms are paper thin and you can hear every cough from the next room.

• Stayed February 2013
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Good day swissfoto we do appreciate your review and your business with us while attending to business at the airport. I am sorry to hear that you experienced noise from a neighboring room. We do have designated quiet floors, as well as quiet rooms, that are located in the corner and without a connecting door. If you ever plan on returning to the Pittsburgh area we hope you choose Hyatt. If there is anything I can do for you on a future visit please let me know. Thank you again for your review.

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for two nights (March 30-31) for the Easter weekend to do some shopping. Parked at the front of the hotel to check-in. Staff was friendly. Since we had the car and needed to be in/out frequently for shopping and dining we chose to pay for the extra $25/night to park right in front of the hotel. You can also park for half less at the airport's long-term parking lot.

Room was clean and spacious. We had a room facing the long-term parking lot. No noise issues at all. Pool was good size and clean and there were plenty of towels available. The sauna room was "out of service" but the steam room was available during our 2 nights stay. Exercise room was also good size and lots of different equipments.

We did not use the wifi due to the extra charge.

Overall, this is a great hotel if you have a flight to catch (less than 5 mins walk to the terminal). It is not close to any restaurants or shopping centre. You will need a car. The hotel does offer a shuttle service to drive limited restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and 4-Star rating minnie55555. We appreciate your comments on our quiet, clean and spacious guestrooms. Thank you for choosing Hyatt and for you recommendation for future guests. If there is ever anything I can do for you on a future visit please let me know. Have a great day.

USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have stayed here to get early flights. It is the only game in town and they know it. Howabout this? I couldnt watch the hockey game in my room because the tv didnt get the cable channel. They get you in the bar to watch the game so you can spend some cash in food and drink. Seriously? This was the Pittsburgh Penguins in Pittsburgh. That is nickel dime bs. As far as the other stuff, it is what any business traveler would expect. Nothing more. Like I said. What can you do?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good day freods, I apologize that you were unable to watch the hockey game while staying with us. We do have a full listing of cable channels, as well as HBO in all rooms. I am sorry to hear that we didn’t have the channel you needed. We certainly didn’t mean to inconvenience our guests, and require you to spend additional funds in our sports bar. For future reservations, please note that we do have a complimentary shuttle that can take you to area restaurants. We do hope to see you again in the future, if there is anything I can do for you personally please let me know.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

It is quite a wallk from the terminals but It is Attached to the Puttsburgh airport so it is very convenient, small quiet lobby and bar area but there is nothing that makes this place standout more from any others.........

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you GalenDesMoines, we do appreciate your business and your feedback. We take our guest feedback very seriously, as it helps us reach our goal of becoming the hotel of choice in the area. If you are in need of any assistance in the future please let me know, thank you, we hope to see you again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm a Marriott Elite member and usually don't waiver from Marriott Properties, but I had a meeting at this hotel and was only in town for one day. The company set me up here, and after I got over the disappointment of not earning any precious rewards points, I swallowed my pride and accepted my fate. Usually I'm not a huge fan of hotels that are connected directly to the airport, but this one is different. Upon my arrival, Adam at the front desk took charge and really impressed me with his professionalism and knowledge. I was feeling a bit under the weather, and he got me right in to a nice, quiet, high floor room. When I say quiet, I mean it. I did not hear one peep of airport noise or neighbors. After I took a quick nap, I went in search of food. They gave me a list of restaurants at the front desk, and then told me that they had a shuttle that could take me to any of them. This was perfect, there was a whole lot to choose from, and Chris the driver helped me make an excellent decision.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone. Other than for the obvious convenience of being connected to the airport, the shuttle gives you the opportunity to escape airport prices and limited selection. Downtown is a short drive away. The staff was amazing, and the meeting spaces were on par with the rest of the hotel. The rooms were nice size and updated, bathrooms too. Although the grout in the shower could use some extra scrubbing, it wasn't that bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, offB, for your great review and 5-Star rating! We definitely appreciate your comments, and are pleased to hear that you had great interactions with Adam and Chris at the desk. We are very pleased to hear your positive comments on our guestroom, location, and shuttle services, and are happy that you would recommend our property to your friends and family. If there is ever anything I can do for you personally please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again, have a great day.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The front desk staff were friendly. We were assigned a room near the elevator and ice machine and we asked to be switched to a different room. No problem. The room we got was clean and quiet. The comforter needs to be replaced though. The bed was comfortable. The free toothpaste in the washroom was a nice touch. But...you have to pay to use the wifi and the computers in the business centre. Even the cheap hotels give you free wifi!! Also, the rooms do not have a fridge or microwave. There were 2 bottles of water on a table with price tags on them. I thought that was a bit tacky. Overall, I think this hotel is overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and ice machinel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Good day CJG17, we appreciate your business and that you took the opportunity to share your feedback with us. In addition to the water bottles available in the guestroom, we do have vending machines located on every floor, as well as a coffee and snack shop available in the lobby. We do appreciate your 4-Star review, and we hope to have you hand your family back with us in the future. Thank you again, have a great day.

Gaithersburg, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for one night. The hotel was clean, updated, and staff was friendly and apologetic with our concerns. When you arrive by car, you pull in to their front area, go up the stairs/elevator one floor to the lobby to check-in. You are allowed to leave your car (several spaces) there to unload belongings to your room, but then must drive around to the 'back' of the hotel to park your car for the duration of your stay. Not a problem, but good to know since it is not your typical hotel setup. The other option would be to park your car in the parking lot for the night and enter in the walking escalator concourse with your belongings to get to the hotel lobby (park near in hotel area, zone 6 or 8, a or b). The hotel food was a bit expensive and was a bit posh for what we were looking for with kids and grandparents in company. We walked over to the airport (used the enclosed walking escalators) and ate at the cafe just before security. (There is also a sandwich shop and coffee bar near this cafe. You can get a pass from the hotel's front desk staff to go thru airport security so you can eat at other restaurants inside the airport, but you have to present ID to front desk staff and be through security no later than 7pm.) We would highly recommend the cafe. We enjoyed beer, great salads, burgers, and chicken fingers for a good price. (No milk there for the wee ones, but juices and lemonade). We hit the 'gift shop' at the airport for some water (in the room bottled water was $3.50) and snacks. Once back at the hotel, I realized I forgot my contact lens case before going to bed and called down to the front desk. Staff told me there is no hotel gift shop so we had to go to the one in the airport. Not a long walk, but was closed already for the night.

We had several concerns with the hotel. If we only had one concern it may not be worth mentioning but because there were several between the 2 rooms I think it is good to share...
- Upon our arrival, the TV did not work in either room, but was easily fixed by calling front desk staff. They explained that the cable cord gets loose when the cleaning crew is in the rooms. It was a loose cord in both rooms.
- The telephone in one of the rooms only received 1/3 calls made to the room, we were able to leave a message that they could retrieve. They were in the room, but only heard it ring 1/3x. This problem interfered with their stay as their requested hotel wake-up call the next morning never rang in the room.
- The sheets on both beds in one room were ripped in several areas. The front desk staff offered for housekeeping to come change the linens.
- Housekeeping entered room to clean thinking we had already checked out, but we hadn't. They entered the room just before 9:30am and we checked out officially at the front desk at 11:30am (checkout was noon). The room looked to be vacant, but was not yet vacant by us. We should have put the do not disturb sign up.
- We did not get the usual receipt under the door on the morning of check-out. Thankfully we did an official checkout at the front desk as we were charged the wrong price for both room reservations. I noticed it before we left the hotel and once the staff looked at the email confirmation on my phone they altered the price.

Another thing to note is the wi-fi is not free. We also were attending a dance competition at the hotel in the ballrooms. The light switches are sensitive and accessible by the general public. Over the course of 90 minutes the lights accidentally went out 3 times. This is a real safety concern since competitors were dancing when they went off and the room went dark.

I shared all of my concerns with staff before leaving and explained that I was going to share it out on TripAdvisor. I always do this when I am going to say anything negative about an establishment. (I was given an apology by front desk staff, but never referred to a manager nor did I request it).

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are away from the elevators. We were 2/3 down the hall and had very little hallwa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, theplaceswego. Thank you for your business and feedback. We have implemented a new television cord in all of our guestrooms since your review, so we are no longer experiencing any issues with the televisions. We also do not deliver receipts under the doors without request, as we offer to have all receipts emailed at check in, and have a front desk staffed 24 hours a day. We do take pride in our clean guestrooms, and are pleased that you commented on your room.

We hope you choose Hyatt for your next trip to Pittsburgh, if there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again, have a great day.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!