“Airport Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Airport Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm a Marriott Elite member and usually don't waiver from Marriott Properties, but I had a meeting at this hotel and was only in town for one day. The company set me up here, and after I got over the disappointment of not earning any precious rewards points, I swallowed my pride and accepted my fate. Usually I'm not a huge fan of hotels that are connected directly to the airport, but this one is different. Upon my arrival, Adam at the front desk took charge and really impressed me with his professionalism and knowledge. I was feeling a bit under the weather, and he got me right in to a nice, quiet, high floor room. When I say quiet, I mean it. I did not hear one peep of airport noise or neighbors. After I took a quick nap, I went in search of food. They gave me a list of restaurants at the front desk, and then told me that they had a shuttle that could take me to any of them. This was perfect, there was a whole lot to choose from, and Chris the driver helped me make an excellent decision.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone. Other than for the obvious convenience of being connected to the airport, the shuttle gives you the opportunity to escape airport prices and limited selection. Downtown is a short drive away. The staff was amazing, and the meeting spaces were on par with the rest of the hotel. The rooms were nice size and updated, bathrooms too. Although the grout in the shower could use some extra scrubbing, it wasn't that bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you, offB, for your great review and 5-Star rating! We definitely appreciate your comments, and are pleased to hear that you had great interactions with Adam and Chris at the desk. We are very pleased to hear your positive comments on our guestroom, location, and shuttle services, and are happy that you would recommend our property to your friends and family. If there is ever anything I can do for you personally please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again, have a great day.

404 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The front desk staff were friendly. We were assigned a room near the elevator and ice machine and we asked to be switched to a different room. No problem. The room we got was clean and quiet. The comforter needs to be replaced though. The bed was comfortable. The free toothpaste in the washroom was a nice touch. But...you have to pay to use the wifi and the computers in the business centre. Even the cheap hotels give you free wifi!! Also, the rooms do not have a fridge or microwave. There were 2 bottles of water on a table with price tags on them. I thought that was a bit tacky. Overall, I think this hotel is overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and ice machinel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Good day CJG17, we appreciate your business and that you took the opportunity to share your feedback with us. In addition to the water bottles available in the guestroom, we do have vending machines located on every floor, as well as a coffee and snack shop available in the lobby. We do appreciate your 4-Star review, and we hope to have you hand your family back with us in the future. Thank you again, have a great day.

Gaithersburg, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for one night. The hotel was clean, updated, and staff was friendly and apologetic with our concerns. When you arrive by car, you pull in to their front area, go up the stairs/elevator one floor to the lobby to check-in. You are allowed to leave your car (several spaces) there to unload belongings to your room, but then must drive around to the 'back' of the hotel to park your car for the duration of your stay. Not a problem, but good to know since it is not your typical hotel setup. The other option would be to park your car in the parking lot for the night and enter in the walking escalator concourse with your belongings to get to the hotel lobby (park near in hotel area, zone 6 or 8, a or b). The hotel food was a bit expensive and was a bit posh for what we were looking for with kids and grandparents in company. We walked over to the airport (used the enclosed walking escalators) and ate at the cafe just before security. (There is also a sandwich shop and coffee bar near this cafe. You can get a pass from the hotel's front desk staff to go thru airport security so you can eat at other restaurants inside the airport, but you have to present ID to front desk staff and be through security no later than 7pm.) We would highly recommend the cafe. We enjoyed beer, great salads, burgers, and chicken fingers for a good price. (No milk there for the wee ones, but juices and lemonade). We hit the 'gift shop' at the airport for some water (in the room bottled water was $3.50) and snacks. Once back at the hotel, I realized I forgot my contact lens case before going to bed and called down to the front desk. Staff told me there is no hotel gift shop so we had to go to the one in the airport. Not a long walk, but was closed already for the night.

We had several concerns with the hotel. If we only had one concern it may not be worth mentioning but because there were several between the 2 rooms I think it is good to share...
- Upon our arrival, the TV did not work in either room, but was easily fixed by calling front desk staff. They explained that the cable cord gets loose when the cleaning crew is in the rooms. It was a loose cord in both rooms.
- The telephone in one of the rooms only received 1/3 calls made to the room, we were able to leave a message that they could retrieve. They were in the room, but only heard it ring 1/3x. This problem interfered with their stay as their requested hotel wake-up call the next morning never rang in the room.
- The sheets on both beds in one room were ripped in several areas. The front desk staff offered for housekeeping to come change the linens.
- Housekeeping entered room to clean thinking we had already checked out, but we hadn't. They entered the room just before 9:30am and we checked out officially at the front desk at 11:30am (checkout was noon). The room looked to be vacant, but was not yet vacant by us. We should have put the do not disturb sign up.
- We did not get the usual receipt under the door on the morning of check-out. Thankfully we did an official checkout at the front desk as we were charged the wrong price for both room reservations. I noticed it before we left the hotel and once the staff looked at the email confirmation on my phone they altered the price.

Another thing to note is the wi-fi is not free. We also were attending a dance competition at the hotel in the ballrooms. The light switches are sensitive and accessible by the general public. Over the course of 90 minutes the lights accidentally went out 3 times. This is a real safety concern since competitors were dancing when they went off and the room went dark.

I shared all of my concerns with staff before leaving and explained that I was going to share it out on TripAdvisor. I always do this when I am going to say anything negative about an establishment. (I was given an apology by front desk staff, but never referred to a manager nor did I request it).

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are away from the elevators. We were 2/3 down the hall and had very little hallwa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, theplaceswego. Thank you for your business and feedback. We have implemented a new television cord in all of our guestrooms since your review, so we are no longer experiencing any issues with the televisions. We also do not deliver receipts under the doors without request, as we offer to have all receipts emailed at check in, and have a front desk staffed 24 hours a day. We do take pride in our clean guestrooms, and are pleased that you commented on your room.

We hope you choose Hyatt for your next trip to Pittsburgh, if there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again, have a great day.

Bridgeport, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I picked this hotel because we was passing through, We stayed for the night. It was a great room and very clean and the staff was very nice to us as well. The location is really great as well. Parking was only 13.00 for the night which is not bad at all. The only thing my husband and I did not really like is we felt like everything we touched we was going to be charged for which is not really a good feeling. The hotel over all was great and everything just the feeling of if we touch this or use this are we going to be charged for. The internet charge is what got me just for a day 9.95 I know they need to make they money and everything but I thought that was a little high just for a day. Thank god we got snacks to bring with us for the night because the room service menu was a let down. It is a great hotel and the staff was great and the room was clean and everything just the fees for the internet was a little high just for one day the feeling of being scared to touch something you will be charged for it did not feel good at all. Right when you wall in the room you see prices on the waters and what not just should be displayed better to make people feel not on edge about fearing if I touch this am I going to be charged

Room Tip: It's a great location. The fees can be surprising to you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you, teagirl2208, for choosing Hyatt, and for your positive comments on our rooms and location. We appreciate your business and feedback, and certainly hope you choose Hyatt in the future. We do offer some “package rates” that include additional amenities such as parking, breakfast, internet, and meal credits, at a greatly discounted rate. If these interest you I would be happy to speak with you further prior to your next visit.

If there is ever anything I can do to assist you please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to host you and your husband, have a great day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We've tried (most) all of the PIT Airport area hotels and - have come to the conclusion that the Hyatt PIT Airport property is our very best option. Located at & connected to the airport with easy weather covered moveable walk-way from this exceptional hotel directly into the airport - makes it easy & fast to get to airline check-in counters. The hotel is well appointed with quiet comfortable accommodations providing friendly, helpful, professional services through-out your stay. This hotel boosts an excellent on-site restaurant, bar & business services. Really can not go wrong with this Hyatt hotel property. A real cut-above the other area hotels. FJG

Room Tip: Any high-floor room is good - many Kings available. Book in advance for best availability & pric...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you SeaFish, for shopping around and coming to the conclusion that our property is the best fit for your needs. We are the only hotel attached to the airport, so that gives our guests the convenience of not needing to brave the elements on the way to catch their flights. I will certainly share your feedback with our staff members in the restaurant and bar, who take a lot of pride in our services and our new improved menu. We do appreciate your review and 5-Star rating; we hope to see you again soon.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for one night en route to a funeral in central PA. Used Hyatt Gold points for a free room yet they treated me like I was pyaing more than anyone else. They even threw in some bottled water and the wi-fi for free (ususally at an extra charge). Very good location relative to PIT - can walk to/from. All other airport hotels require a fairly long shuttle ride. Had no issues with noise etc. Just a good solid Hyatt Hotel room and experience. Stay here you will like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you kgems1, I am very happy to hear that our staff took great care of you during your difficult time. We appreciate your recommendation, and do hope to see you in the future. In reference to your comment about staying for free with your Hyatt Gold Passport points, our staff does go out of its way to recognize these guests because we do appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt. We know we’ll be seeing you again, and we hope next time it is under better circumstances.

Thank you again for your great comments, please let me know if there’s ever anything I can do for you.

Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Flying out at 5:25 am! This place is very nice and relaxing. The service is excellent the hotel is usually quiet the food is good and the bartends are friendly and polished.

Weekend stays can be had for a great discount. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are quite large but with unnecessary thrills. You really can't hear planes during normal sleeping hours.

Have stayed here several times and this hotel is consistent. Yes you do have to pay for parking, but you are just minutes from your fight. They have had packages in the past the included parking.

Try this place YOU will like it!

• Stayed February 2013
I couldn’t have said it better myself USABRAVO. We truly appreciate your detailed review and positive comments, as well as your 5-Star rating. If there is ever anything you need please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the property. Have a great week.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!