“Convenient, excellent breakfast, impressive rooms ... Is it really an airport hotel?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
GreenLeadersSilver level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I shun airport hotels for the obvious reasons ... They are all about speed and convenience and not comfort or quality ...

Not this one. A client ran a two-day conference at the hotel and so staying here made sense. But it would be tempting regardless to stay at the hotel on the next trip.

The $14 continental includes fresh fruit of great variety ... Steel cut oatmeal ... Fruit filled muffins ... Delicious coffee ... A robust granola. The hot breakfast and omelette are more. Starbucks is also on site.

The food served at the conference was delicious and was prepared with due attention to healthy options. Salads were mixed greens not iceberg, pastas were loaded with veggies, meat and fish options were light, and the soups were hot and as if homemade. The service was outstanding ... Personal and friendly, with seconds actually offered and then brought to table ... Wonderful.

The rooms are large, clean, updated, and as some have noted, supplied with extras that are rarely found these days, including free water and toothpaste. How telling that merely offering a couple of free 59-cent items can aid in the enjoyment of a service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review Vince V! I will be sure to share your great feedback on our breakfast buffet with the staff in the kitchen. We appreciate your positive comments and hope to see you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Captiva Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We made a mistake when booking our room and booked it at the Hyatt place. Well when we went to check in we realized that and the man at the front desk told us he could cancel the other room but he did not have any rooms available except for a conference room and a smoking room. Well my mother and I both have asthma so we could not take the smoking room and we did not want the conference room. I asked three more times if he was sure that he had no other rooms available and again each time he told me no. I was so upset. We had already returned our rental car and had an early morning flight which is the reason we wanted to be right by the airport. Well THANK GOD FOR AMERICAN EXPRESS PLATINUM TRAVEL. I got on the phone with them since the person at your front desk did not want to take my business. They were more than happy to help me and make sure that I got a suitable room. You may want to take notes from them. They were so nice unlike your employees turning away customers. I then went back up to the desk and was able to check in to the room without a problem. I think it is absurd that they made me call the platinum card when I had my platinum card out the first time I went to the desk. I know it was our mistake booking at the wrong hotel but we are not from the area and all we knew was the Hyatt was at the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Good day Pharmsjt12,
The hotel needs to hold specific rooms for guests who have made advance reservations, so smoking rooms and conference suites are held back for guests who arrive with no reservation, or who specifically request those rooms. I assure you that we weren’t trying to turn your business away, and that we were offering you our only available rooms due to the hotel being fully committed.

We take requests for non-smoking rooms very seriously, and could not give away a room that we had already confirmed for a guest for that evening.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that the front desk associate could not accommodate your request, but pleased that you were able to find accommodations using American Express Platinum travel.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay after the reservations mishap, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can provide any assistance to you, or if you are ever in need of assistance in the future. Have a great day.

Laughlintown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

we had an early flight so we decided to stay at the airport hotel. We checked in at 9 pm and got ready to get some sleep before our early wake up call. we turned down the sheets and my wife got into bed and exclaimed.... the bed is wet. We called the desk and the manager Kevin came up. He felt the bed and told us he could get the sheets changed. We told him that would not help as the mattress is wet as well (but the comforter was not). We did not get an apology, or any compensation for the inconvenience. He simply left the room and said i'll get back to you. We actually had to ask if there would be anything done. So an hour later we were back in our room and decided this would be the last time we stay here.

Room Tip: request a non-soiled mattress ahead of time and don't expect to be treated as a valued guest.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Good afternoon Michael M,
I am very disappointed to hear that you had some issues that weren’t properly attended to by my PM Manager. This was clearly not what you were looking for as a convenient way to start off your trip. Our top priority truly is our guest satisfaction, if this issue was not resolved appropriately I would be happy to assist you further to make this right. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience, either by email or at the number listed below. Thank you for your business, and for giving us the opportunity to retain you as our valued guest.

724-899-6141
Weston, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

An indoor walkway connects this hotel to the Pittsburgh airport. Could you ask for an easier location? The rooms are the luxurious quality you would expect from Hyatt Regency. Our only complaint was the food. The restaurant is very expensive with a limited menu. At an airport hotel, you would expect 24-hour room service. Our rate included breakfast, but our flight left at 7 am, so there was no food available. Not even a minibar. And please, could you include the wi-fi in the rate? Seriously.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon wisewoman15,
Thank you for your business, your 4-Star rating, and for giving us valuable feedback about our services. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t completely satisfied with the restaurant menu options. Missing out on a breakfast that was included in your rate is truly frustrating, and if our restaurant hours caused you to miss out on an amenity that you paid for I will certainly address this. We are expanding our “grab and go” coffee bar to include hot breakfast sandwiches and wraps. If you could please contact me at your convenience, I would be happy to make this right. Thank you again for your review.

724-899-6141
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed in room 814 on January 7 and 8th.We have stayed here many times,and as always ,this hyatt never disappoints!The room is large,clean and comfortable and the ammenities are top quality.This hotel even provides aquafresh toothpaste in the room.Also,for a great breakfast snack or dinner,The olive press restaurant located near the front desk is the best!The food is always great and to die for and even better is the service!Kyle is one of the best waiters we ever had anywhere and cant do enough to please his guests and the restaurant manager Diana makes us always feel right at home.At the front desk,the employees greet you by name and provide the best in customer service.Chris who is in charge of the front desk always takes care of me and my dad and will always make sure everything is great with our stay.We always have a great view of the runway when we stay in room 814 and enjoy everything the Hyatt has to offer!This hotel is on the top of our list!And again,A special shout out to Chris ,Diana and kyle for always making our stay memorable!

Room Tip: Ask for Chris at the front desk,And ask for Kyle and Diana in the restaurant!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you John W for your fantastic 5-Star rating and review! This is bulletin board material for our employee cafeteria! We are very pleased that you are one of our satisfied repeat guests, and that Chris, Diana and Kyle have continually provided over the top customer service. We truly appreciate your great comments and repeat business. If there is ever anything we can do for you on one of your future stays please feel free to reach out to me personally in advance at the hotel. Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit.

Johnstown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When my flight got rescheduled for 6 a.m. due to weather conditions, I didn't want to risk missing the early morning flight so I opted to stay at the Airport Hayat.

I can made allowances that even with the distressed traveler rate they Hyat was going to be expensive. What I can't make allowances for was the poor quality for the money.

The coffee maker leaked water all over the desk. The hotel shampoo and conditioner weren't replaced between customers, as I learned when I applied conditioner to my head and found out that there wasn't enough.

My chagrin increased on learning what wasn't included in my room fee. Though every fleabag and roach motel nowadays provides wi-fi and at least complimentary coffee and a bowl of cereal, the Hyatt provided neither of those. Wi-fi would cost an additional $9.99, and if I wanted so much as a bagel or tea I'd have to pay out of pocket.

The room was very clean and comfortable, and you can't beat the convenience of just heading out onto an enclosed walkway to get to the airport, but still for the price I would expect at least the quality and amenities of a Motel 6.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Good day GrannyGrump42,

Thank you for staying with us, I am very sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with the value at the hotel, and that you experienced issues with housekeeping. We do offer room rates that include additional amenities such as full breakfast or wireless internet, however, our base room rate – especially our distressed passenger rate – is as low as possible, and therefore does not include any extras.
We do appreciate your comments on your room being clean, comfortable and convenient, and we hope you return to the Hyatt on your next trip to Pittsburgh. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any questions, I would be happy to assist you with a reservation at the lowest possible rate that includes any amenities that you would be interested in.

Thank you again for your business and review.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times. This time was on 5 Jan 2013. Being at the Pittsburgh airport it is very convenient. The hotel is very nice. Stylish, quiet and comfortable. The beds are awesome. My only complaint if any is that breakfast is about $15 for the buffet. However I really like the hotel and recommend it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chris P, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you badmire, for your great 5-Star review, and comments about our guestroom and restaurant. We’re very pleased with your recommendation and are glad that you are a repeat guest. If there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me in advance. Thank you again for your amazing review!

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!