I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency at the Pittsburgh Airport for two nights for a business meeting. I stay almost exclusively at Hyatts when traveling and have never been disappointed. But, for the first time i have a mixed review about my stay.
First off the good:
Check in was painless and the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
The bed was, as always at Hyatt, fantastic. I slept like a baby and enjoyed looking out the window at all the lights at the airport.
The chair and ottoman were a very comfortable place to sit and read at night as well.
The meeting facilities are top notch and the food provided was exceptional. The staff was helpful and always eager to lend a hand. The room we had was the perfect size and all the technology worked without a hitch. Best of all the coffee was always fresh and hot.
Now the bad:
I wasn't too thrilled about having to pay $13 a day to park but I guess that is to be expected at an airport. If I was not being reimbursed by work this would be a much bigger issue.
Normally I am blown away by the cleanliness of the Hyatt rooms but for the first time I was not too happy about the condition of my room upon check in. The dust was CAKED on the cold air vent over the door and there were beverage rings all over the desk. The following morrning I experienced a first however. As I entered the tub to take my shower I found myself face to face with a used bar of soap covered in short curly hairs and a half empty bottle of shampoo. I was in a hurry so I used about 20 tissues to push the soap into the trash can. I was also going to use the bath mat to prevent slippage but that too was rather hairy.
Lastly I wasn't impressed by the picture on the tv in the room. It had a great LG tv but the picture was something you'd expect from an old tube tv.
When I stay at a hotel the only things I ask for is a pleasant staff and a clean room (and a reasonable rate). The Hyatt Regency at the Pittsburgh Airport really only excelled in the customer service aspect. The front desk staff and meeting facilities are the only thing that kept this review from receiving 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pittsburgh's newest full service business class hotel, conveniently connected to the Pittsburgh International Airport via enclosed moving walkways. This 11 story boutique-style hotel offers 336 contemporary guestrooms including 22 suites to accommodate anyone's business or personal needs. The Olive Press Restaurant has won critical acclaim for the Chef's crabcakes and our signature 7 layer Chocolate Tower Cake. With 20,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, this hotel can accommodate a meeting for 2 to 1,000 people. This hotel is centrally located to major corporate headquarters, office parks, shopping and only 25 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, EasyToBook and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Hyatt Pittsburgh International Airport