“Wedding Night Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellevue, PA
“Wedding Night Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed in this hotel the night of my wedding since we had a 6 AM flight to catch for honeymoon. And to say I was impressed with this hotel would be an understatement.

The hotel granted me an early check-in the day of my wedding and when I took the suitcases to the room I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the price we paid.

Every staff member I dealt with was knowledgeable and helpful and based on my experience at this hotel I would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so pleased that you found your accomodations comfortable and our hotel convenient for your early morning travel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I got a very good Hotwire price ($64/night) on this hotel since I was staying over the weekend. The room was very comfortable with upscale amenities, but the downside is no free internet and no free breakfast of any sort. If you have a car, you have to pay the daily $13 long-term parking rate.
The staff was very friendly and prompt with the one small issue I had (no cups for the in-room coffee).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Regency Pittsburgh

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We value your business and we will certainly evaluate your suggestions. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to our loyal guest such as your self.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are so happy we found this hotel. We landed in Pittsburgh airport around 11:50 p.m. and this Hyatt is connected directly to the airport. After such a long flight, it was great to be able to check in quickly (prompt and efficient) and get to our very comfortable room. We even stopped at the bar to grab a few waters for the room (tip: a tad cheaper in the bar area) Anyway, what a great room. We had 2 rooms (one with an adjoining table/chairs). It was so spacious...everything upgraded (even the TV). The shower was great & great shower pressure. Updated/modern room. We couldn't have been happier. Thanks Hyatt...well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Pittsbugh and truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel.
Please come see us again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Since this is an IN airport hotel, they get you with the price. My travel department misquoted the price and I didn't realize it afterwards while checking out. But I am thankful I did stay there. I had to lug around 3 large 70 pound Pelican tool boxes plus my personal luggage. Since the hotel is next to the rental car center, the hotel provided me with a bellhop while I dropped the car off. The gentleman locked my tool boxes up and dropped off my personal bags in my room - I know, no big deal. But in the morning when I checked out, Megan at the front desk offered to her manager to help me by taking the hotel baggage cart with all my boxes and luggage and assist me to dropp them off. The hotel is not IN the terminal. It's seperated from it by short-term parking/car rental center. They are all connected by a covered walkway. It's about at least a 1/4 mile walk between the hotel and terminal. Megan stayed with me not just to the parking where we could've transferred everything, but the whole way through check-in and oversize drop-off. Her commitment to customer service was AMAZING!
Yes, the room rate is steep, but customer service is worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012
Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review.
I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team, and appreciate your comments specifically about Megan. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Pittsburgh, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We've stayed here every time we have flown from the west coast to Pittsburgh. We either have a very late arriving flight or plan to arrive a day early and rest a bit before heading out the next morning. It's wonderful to be able to pick up our luggage walk through the covered walk way out of the weather and in minutes arrive at the front desk. The rooms are comfortable, and quiet the staff has always been friendly and helpful. We especially enjoy the restaurant and lounge. The food is well prepared, their menu has a wide range of choices, and the wait staff have always been friendly and efficient. After a day on a plane. Knowing this comfortable convenient hotel with its friendly staff are waiting on the other end gives us something to look forward to. Breakfast by the way is not complimentary, but it has always been delicious.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that you found our hotel covenient and comfortable!
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Bath, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place is Krap, with a capital 'K' -- We were greeted, arriving by car, by a bizarre and confusing set of twists and turns into the Airport parking lot -- that's right: the AIRPORT parking lot. That IS THEE parking lot for the hotel. And you are required to pay, and pay you must. It's only one dollar for the first hour, but it's $3 for Each additional hour. That means if you stay five hours and leave it costs $13. The most you can pay is $13 per 24 hrs., But if you stay a few hours, go out for dinner or whatever event you are attending in Pittsburgh and then return for the evening, it means you are paying about $20 to $26 for the ONE 24 hour period. That's total BS, especially given that you are near absolutely nothing. Nothing! It's a field with an airport; a taxi would be expensive and take quite a bit of time.
As far as the hotel itself, it has the overall look dull, upscale business decor. The hallways were dull, without furniture, pictures, art, ambiance of any kind, just a hallway like you were still in the airport. And the twisting halls to the desk were very long. Total drudgery getting from car to desk and desk to car. The staff, with one exception, was doing you a favor to wait on you.
The worst part was the room itself. Having paid $150, I was very surprised to find no refrigerator, no microwave and minimal overall "stuff." There was no desk. The wi-fi cost ...I think it was $10 for a day and $13 for premium wi-fi. That again is total BS. You can get FREE wi-fi at McDonald's for god's sake. Or Duncan Donuts, etc. etc. Come on Hyatt, what is your freekin' problem? It's a business-style place. How about a business perk? Also, there was but one "comfortable chair." My roommate, my son, had to sit on the bed while we watched a movie together. The room was big enough, but no balcony, had to go to second floor for snacks, pool and fitness hrs. were bad.
Even the little things like a couple of real coffee mugs were missing, no plastic cups for the bathroom. Sure there were two nice glass glasses, but were they afraid I was going to steal stuff?
The complimentary breakfast was exceptionally good -- a genuine pleasant surprise that happened to include (at least with my Expedia booking) a full buffet with hot eggs, potatoes, meats, fr. toast, etc. ...EVEN very fresh fruit that included pears, apples, bananas, blueberries, black raspberries, pineapple, 3 mellons, and more; all really good, and we were able to order eggs to indvidual specs, not just the scrambled from the buffet.
Too bad the breakfast was not enough to offset the rip-off parking, the non-fridge, non-microwave room, the nothing-that-was-a-plus room. And the worst of all was the YOU-PAY-EXTRA for wi-fi. Get with it, Hyatt: It's 2012, not 2002 when everyone thought the internet was this cool new thing. Pathetic!

Room Tip: One side has the airport runway; other does not. Runway side was not loud; other side was a dull fie...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. You have our sincerest apologies regarding your experience.We are indeed an airport hotel that is located on airport property and we are surrounded by airport parking with the covenience of the airport being attached to our builing via a moving walk way. Due to our location the majority of our customers who drove in do park in the parking lots provided by the airport.

I have also shared your additional comments with our Director of Rooms, John Parker. Please feel free to contact him directly via the hotels main number should you wish to discuss any further.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had an early flight on a Sunday morning. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We did not want to get out of the extremely comfortable beds. To catch our flight, we just walked down to the lobby and picked up the moving walkway right into the terminal. Could not have been easier! Even though it was right at the airport, you can not hear the noise from the planes.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room on the runway side. The large windows in the rooms are great for w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased that you found our location convenient and comfortable for your early morning travel. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!