“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
GreenLeadersSilver level
Belington, West Virginia
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We ended up staying here before our flight out at 5AM the next morning thanks to a Priceline bid. The room was extremely clean and the bed was amazing. We had a view the ruway so we could sit and watch the planes take off, but you couldn't hear a thing, so noise was NOT an issue. It was extremely nice the next morning because we got a few extra hours of sleep seeing that we were a 5 minute walk to the airport check-in. I also liked not having to stress about traffic and making sure we made it to the airport in time for our flight.

The only thing that could have made it any better would have been if at least one nights parking was included in the stay, because rates do not include parking. With that said, I really can't complain because we did get the room for less than half of the normal price through Priceline, but that was just chance that we got that airport.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay and are pleased that you found our location convenient and our hotel comfortable.
Please come see us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Have stayed here at least a dozen times for meetings in Pittsburgh. Rooms are decent and surprisingly quiet despite being on the edge of the airport. Have only had 2 room issues in all of those stays, and neither was major. Some rooms have wired internet access, which is a plus compared to the wireless, which can be rather slow at times.

Restaurant menu has not changed much over the past several years. It's pricey, and the food ranges from quite good to quite awful. But there are no other options in this area (except the airport itself).

Staff have been consistently professional and polite.Van drivers have taken our group to several destinations.

Only real problem which has occurred twice, is a "sewage" smell which has permeated certain floors on 2 visits. Not a problem in the rooms, but the halls smelled awful.

Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your kind words, and are actively looking into the opportunities to be even better that you pointed out. We look forward to being of service to you in the future
Bridgeport, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple weeks and both times I found similar cleanliness issues. The first stay I had an early flight for work and decided to take advantage of their park and fly program. This is a great hidden secret to look for in the fine print on their brand website--saved me about $75 between the room and parking costs!! Upon entering the room for that stay I always check the beds first and there was an "unmentionable" stain on one of the big throw pillows. Since I don't even like to touch them, I threw it in the floor and went on. The rest of the room itself was clean. The bathroom however was showed a quick "lick and a promise" job from the housekeepers. You could tell they are using too much cleaning chemicals on the sinks because the grout is stained a pink color. There were spots all over the sink and mirrors along with hairs in the tub.

During my second stay later that week after an unexpected delayed flight, I went to the room and did the standard room checks. I found stains on the desk and similar issues in the bathroom along with re-used shampoo from the previous guest!! GROSS!! If I'm paying more than $100 for a room, the least they could do is give me a NEW shampoo versus half of a used bottle from a previous guest. Another major downfall to this hotel is that they are still charging each guest $10 per day for Internet.

For the simple convenience and great staff at the desk, I will continue to stay at this hotel anytime I have early flights.

Room Tip: Look for the Park and Fly Packages on the brand.com website for extra savings!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We really appreciate your honest feedback and we assure you that we take it seriously. We are looking into each point for correction.

Thank you as well for the kind words about the front desk staff as we believe they are some of the best front desk staff members the industry has to offer.
Zanesville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I booked a room at the Hyatt Regency via Priceline and were thrilled upon our arrival with the quality of hotel that we were able to get for a mere $70. Our one night stay the night before our early morning flight was perfect - absolutely no complaints about the room or hotel in general as we were simply there to sleep.

Our problem began the morning of our flight. When we checked out of our room around 5:30am on April 12, 2012, I questioned the front desk personnel about the seemingly confusing parking situation. The night before, we had parked in what was labeled "Hotel Parking" and I was sure that this was not where we should leave our car for the six days we were to be gone. I asked the staff member if this lot was $8 or if we needed to move our car to either the blue or red lots that we saw as we were entering the parking area. The woman informed me that as long as we had received a parking "ticket" upon entering the lot, we were fine - all the lots, red, blue or hotel, were the same. For my own security I repeated this information back to her and she confirmed it. As we walked away I told my husband that I did not believe her, but he replied that she would know better about the parking situation than we would....so on we went on our vacation.

When we arrived back from our trip and exited the hotel to get our car we commented on how convenient it had been to stay at this hotel and be able to walk out the door and get directly into our car without boarding a shuttle or walking forever. We pulled into the exit of the parking area, handed the clerk our ticket and what we had figured would be a $48 parking charge ($8 a day x 6 days) suddenly turned into a $79 charge ($13 a day x 6 days + 1 hour). I questioned the attendant who informed us that all of the lots are not actually the same and that we had in fact parked incorrectly. He also stated that this was a common complaint from the hotel guests of the Hyatt Regency.

The next morning I decided to call the hotel manager and file a complaint over the extra $30 that the front desk personnel had just added to my trip. Long story very short, I was informed that there was nothing that could be done since I had booked through a discount site. I was offered to be signed up for a rewards program (which I could have signed up for regardless) but was also informed that as long as I used discount sites for my travel arrangements, I would not receive any points through this program. The manager stated that he had never heard a complaint about parking before and that all of the staff are very knowledgeable about the parking lots / prices. He also belittled the fact that I had only been charged an extra "$25 - $30" as if the amount were insignificant. I guess that's the sort of treatment that you can expect from a "higher-end" hotel when you book with discount sites. My apologies to this hotel for being a frugal traveler.

I will absolutely never stay at this hotel again due to the poor customer service that they offered.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. You have our sincerest apologies for the confusion regarding parking. We will be certain to work with our staff to ensure that this very frequently asked question is answered accurately in the future as well as suggest to our future guest that they observe the signage that is posted as they park that details the rates for each lot.
Lagrange, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I liked the hotel very much. It was nice to get off my flight and walk to the hotel without having to leave the airport or catch a shuttle. The checkin staff was friendly and the facilities seemed to be in good order. I have no complaints and I would definitely stay here again if I am arriving late or departing early.

Stayed April 2012
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh and are pleased that you found our location convenient for your travel needs.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Stay up-to-date on news and special offers at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh Int’l Airport. LIKE US on facebook, facebook.com/HyattRegencyPittsburgh and visit our Wall to meet guests from all over the world
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a late arrival or early departure. I always stay here the last night of my trip when I am flying out the next morning. The staff, rooms, and lobby are very nice. The rooms are also quiet as opposed to some hotels located near airports. I never hear highway traffic or any other airport-area noises. The best part is arriving at the gate usually in about 20-30 minutes after leaving my room. The walk is totally covered and the moving walkways make it quick and easy.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator but this holds true for any hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are so pleaesed that you found our hotel convenient for your travel plans.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a very nice looking hotel. The rooms are nice and modern. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is huge. The pool is nice. Pretty much what you would expect for a hotel of this calibre. However, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that a hotel like this wants to charge you $10 a day to use the WiFi, or $5 for 15 minutes of internet usage in the business centre. They also wanted to charge us $18 for two local phone calls that we made to order pizza. Luckily they waved those for us, but the fact they wanted to charge that much for two phone calls to order pizza really put me off.

Be forewarned this hotel is AT the airport. There is nothing around as far as a place to eat (aside from the expensive hotel restaurant) or to buy anything (such as some tylenol at a pharmacy) Also, the parking is not free. You have to park in the lot shared with the airport, which is extra.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
While we are pleased that you were pleased with our facility, we regret that you were not fully satisified.
I have shared your comments with John Parker, Director of Rooms, should you wish to speak in greater detail regarding your stay.

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!