“Most convenient airport hotel ever...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Airport Boulevard, PO Box 12420, Findlay Township, PA 15231   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Most convenient airport hotel ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a late arrival or early departure. I always stay here the last night of my trip when I am flying out the next morning. The staff, rooms, and lobby are very nice. The rooms are also quiet as opposed to some hotels located near airports. I never hear highway traffic or any other airport-area noises. The best part is arriving at the gate usually in about 20-30 minutes after leaving my room. The walk is totally covered and the moving walkways make it quick and easy.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator but this holds true for any hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are so pleaesed that you found our hotel convenient for your travel plans.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Stay up-to-date on news and special offers at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh Int’l Airport. LIKE US on facebook, facebook.com/HyattRegencyPittsburgh and visit our Wall to meet guests from all over the world

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a very nice looking hotel. The rooms are nice and modern. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is huge. The pool is nice. Pretty much what you would expect for a hotel of this calibre. However, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that a hotel like this wants to charge you $10 a day to use the WiFi, or $5 for 15 minutes of internet usage in the business centre. They also wanted to charge us $18 for two local phone calls that we made to order pizza. Luckily they waved those for us, but the fact they wanted to charge that much for two phone calls to order pizza really put me off.

Be forewarned this hotel is AT the airport. There is nothing around as far as a place to eat (aside from the expensive hotel restaurant) or to buy anything (such as some tylenol at a pharmacy) Also, the parking is not free. You have to park in the lot shared with the airport, which is extra.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
While we are pleased that you were pleased with our facility, we regret that you were not fully satisified.
I have shared your comments with John Parker, Director of Rooms, should you wish to speak in greater detail regarding your stay.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel is adjacent to the Pittsburgh airport so there isn't a need for shuttle. The down side to that is that you don't have access to other areas. It is good if you have a early flight or arrive late at night. When my flight was overbooked the airline booked me a reservation in this hotel for the next morning and it worked out perfectly. The rooms are quiet, very comfortable, nice large bathroom with amnenities including toothpaste. There is also a business center, workout room, etc. It is a 4 star hotel so it has pretty much all that you need. The restaurant is good, with prices in the median range. The checkin and checkout was fast. Overall a good choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh. We are pleased that you found our location convenient for all of your travel needs.
Please come see us again in the future!

Youngstown, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I got back to Pittsburgh Int'l Airport at 1:30 AM one night and was too exhausted to drive the hour and 15 minutes home, so I decided I would see if I could just stay at the Hyatt since it is right there. You don't even have to drive to it from the airport. The staff was so nice. They got me all set up with a room on the 10th floor. And it was a great room. It was one of the most well appointed rooms I have ever stayed in. It was large and roomy. The bed was like a cloud. That is the only way I can think to describe it. The bathroom was very elegant. The shower had lots of kick to it.

I got a free breakfast with the room. At their restaurant. A very nice restaurant. They have a buffet, but it is not like the free buffets you get at most hotels. It was like buffets that I have paid $18 or $20 for - multiple kinds of eggs, multiple kinds of meat, breads, sweets, even croissants. They also have a small Starbucks right in the hotel.

And I paid much less for the room than I expected to - much less. I would not hesitate to stay there again if I was on a late flight. Like my title says, I could go there for vacation and just stay in the hotel.

I just can't say enough good things about my experience.

Room Tip: A high floor gets you away from any airport noise since it is right on the airport property connecte...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Wow! We appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh. Thank you so very much for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is very nice, with clean, fresh rooms. I thought the bed was very comfortable, with nice pillows. The hotel is very quiet, no airplane noise that I noticed. Most importantly, the heater is quiet and didn't wake me at all. It is literally steps from the hotel to the airport ticket counters, and very convenient especially if you have an early AM flight. Airport parking costs $13 even for one night at the hotel, which is a bit steep. The other significant disadvantage if you don't have a car, is that the hotel Olive restaurant is very pricey, and not that good. Several people in my group spent $40-$50 on dinner, desert, and 1-2 beers. I didn't find the menu that impressive, so I went elsewhere. Getting in and out of airport parking is a bit of a hassle every time you leave the hotel. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Our group had catering and I was very unimpressed. The breakfast was not acceptable, although that may be what our company ordered. I suspect the regular hotel breakfast was much better, as Hyatt's typically have a nice breakfast spread.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback on your experience with us. We assure you that we will follow up on each comment. Through valuable feedback, it enables us to grow and exceed our guest expectations in the future.
As you mentioned that you were with a specific group, I am going to pass on your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage, Adam Poirier for follow up. Should you wish to discuss any futher, he may be reached by contacting the hotel at 724-899-1234.
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We do a weekend trip almost every year to Pittsburgh for our anniversary. It was ok. Very clean. I booked it on Priceline.com. I have always had good luck with the bidding on that site, until now. Everything in this hotel is very high priced for something that is free almost anywhere else. It is a good hotel if you have tons of money to burn, or if you want to be close for a flight. You have to pay to park at the airport, so if you want to do touristy things this isn't the hotel for you. You have to pay every time you come and go. Would I pay full price for this hotel? Never.

Room Tip: If you are bidding on Priceline, go down a star so you don't have any issues with parking and su...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tami S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay.
In addition, we regret that you did not find full value with our hotel compared to previous visits and sincerely hope that you will reconsider our hotel should you travel plans return you to the Pittsburgh area.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed here for a night having flown in late after an exhausting few days travelling from New Zealand. I was so glad to get here and found the internal access from the airport extremely convenient. I was so glad I hadn't booked a hotel in town needing a taxi journey especially as it was the night the clocks went forward. I was even able to bring my luggage trolley to my bedroom which made things easier for me with my large cases (I'm travelling for 3 months).

I agree with others that Brenda on reception was extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was lovely, clean, quiet. The toiletries were good and I appreciated the toothpaste as I couldn't find mine. The breakfast service runs until 12 which is great for those who arrive in late at night before.

I just have 2 small quibbles which bring my review down to 4 stars and not 5: firstly housekeeping woke me up by knocking on my door in the morning despite me having the privacy sign on display and it being several hours to check out. Secondly when I tried to get a cab out of the hotel, it met me on the lower ground floor where there are no automatic doors and I struggled through 2 sets of push doors with my luggage and trolley.

Otherwise, the price was great and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased that your stay was overall a good visit to our hotel. You have our sincerest apologies about the difficulty with our doors as well as the disturbance caused by housekeeping. We are very happy that in spite of those hiccups you will stay with us again!

Been to Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport? Share your experiences!