“Overpriced, long wait” 2 of 5 stars

412-788-8800
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: This casual, fresh, innovative restaurant near PIT offers daily specials, plus fresh seafood, succulent steaks and light salads. Our Coraopolis restaurant's menu also features an amazing wine collection and specialty cocktails to enjoy with your meal.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Overpriced, long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I went to dinner at the Regatta yesterday. It is located inside of a Marriott, so I did expect the prices to be a little higher, and the food to be good. Unfortunately, the prices are high and the food is poor. We waited an extremely long time for our food to arrive, even though they were far from busy. We arrived at the restaurant at 5:05 PM. I wonder if their cook doesn't start until 5:30 or something. My husband's french fries were inedible, and he is not a picky eater. The sauce on my Veal Parmesan was not good, and I am not that picky, either. He said his fries were either cooked in oil that was not hot enough, or had been reheated. My food was okay, but not great. We ordered coffee, and later found on the bill that a simple cup of coffee was $5! It was just an ordinary cup of coffee. When we ordered coffee, we were not asked if we wanted any dessert, which we normally buy when we go out. We didn't leave until 6:20, a long time considering no dessert, because we had to wait so long. I hadn't even finished my coffee. We just wanted to get out of there. I give two stars because I have never given just one, and because the table and chairs were very comfortable.

• Visited August 2013