“Very nice fish and chips” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Oneroa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Just 40 minutes from Auckland but a world away, The Oyster Inn is the perfect escape from Auckland, whether for just a night, a weekend or longer. The Inn features a large restaurant & bar, a beach boutique, a private event space three luxuriously simple guest rooms. Opened in 2012, The Oyster Inn has gained local and international attention, being featured on Travel & Leisure's 2013 IT List and Metro's Top 50 Restaurants. With a gorgeous but unpretentious interior by designer Katie Lockhart, The Oyster Inn has fast become one of the island's most popular restaurants.
“Very nice fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate lunch here.

I had the fish and chips and I thought they were really good. Chips way above the average with lots of flavour and fish and batter absolutely delicious.

This is a beautifully decorated restaurant and has a great summery feel.

I think that the restaurant is a bit over priced considering (although delicious) it was just fish and chips - but it was nicely furnished and it was nice to sit on the balcony so, if you wanted to treat yourself on a day out, I don't think the prices are outrageous. Would be nice to have more information on the wines and more wines by the glass.

Service was warm and friendly but I got a bit confused by some of the food explanations and then got served by someone else so couldn't check.

I also think that the menu is a bit limited.

Overall, a stylish and fun restaurant, my food was good and the service was friendly but a bit expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Where do I start... Thinking because it was well-patroned, the food and service must be good. That was our first mistake. The waiter was poker-faced and unfriendly, and the menu was small and unappealing. My partner and I were wanting a small, informal meal, and only in this way were we not disappointed. The lemon pepper squid was miniscule and not tasty, and there was an innocuous dipping sauce with no greens to speak of. My partner's octopus salad was simply one word, a disgrace. Tiny portions of octopus mixed with no evidence of it being named a salad, excepting barley?! The dish was also swimming in a malodorous and greasy oil mixture. All this along with two beers and a lemonade.. $64!! The couple seated along from us managed to escape without paying. Although this kind of action I certainly do not condone, on this occasion I supported their decision. A "buzzy" atmosphere cannot and will not compensate for the most disgusting meal I perhaps have ever eaten. To make matters worse, both myself and my poor partner suffered from our stomachs for the rest of the night. The kitchen staff and management should be ashamed of themselves on this terrible occasion which marked the only slur in an otherwise lovely weekend away...

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, terrific wine and a nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I took the late ferry into Waiheke Island and we made a stop for a late night (11PM) snack and glass of wine on the way to the bed and breakfast. The look and feel of the place reminded me of New England US. The customers all appeared to be having a terrific evening. I enjoyed a cheese platter, wine, and a lemon tart dessert that was really delicious. The management greeted us like we were there for a 7PM sitting and made us feel welcome on the island. I recommend having a nice lunch or dinner while you visit Waiheke and promise yourself you will make this a destination.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Half Moon Bay, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun and active”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good food and good service and a fun place to hang out!
You are upstairs and have a nice view of the town and beyond. You can sit inside or I preferred outside on the terrance. A warm and friendly place.

Visited March 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“Great service, lovely beach feeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I liked the whole look of the place, gave a real beach vibe, the food was great, service was excellent. I thought the meal prices were okay but wine seems expensive, but that seems to be everywhere in Waiheke. I would go back again

• 4 of 5 stars Food