“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
Dublin
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night before climbing Carrauntoohill. It was excellent value with a huge breakfast included in the rate, so we were well fed for the climb! Room was great too, nice and big with a very good shower!! It's out of town though, so not convenient for nightlife, but if that's not important then go for it...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear OwenC366

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Travel Inn which you posted on Facebook. I am delighted that as a climber you found everything so satisfactory. Recently I had an american visitor get off a coach and ask which one was Carrauntoohill and after pointing it out to him he told me his story of climbing it, having a heart attack on top, being lucky to have a friend with him who had nitroglycerin tablets with him and being rescued by helicopter. At least yours was not as dramatic!

Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am passing on your comments to the team.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent the night here in family suite, which was two rooms, one with a king bed, and another room with two twins and a separate living area with sofa sleeper, of all the places we stayed, this was not only huge, but more importantly it was warm. Our excitement ended when we realized the internet wasn't working. Having two teens without internet brought immediate and lasting suffering for us. The staff did what they could and perhaps this was isolated, but at any rate an issue. The breakfast was wonderful and I highly recommend this place and it would have been 5 stars if the internet worked. The location is on the edge of town, but we found it a perfect place to start the ring of kerry. Again very nice staff and I would certainly stay here again.

Dear Roddy66

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us in the Travel Inn which you posted on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that most were so positive and I can assure you, that as a parent of 2 teenagers myself, I understand your one negative point on the Internet. This was a result of recent stormy weather in the area which dislodged our satellite dish and reduced us to our low level of capacity....it has since been repaired and full system is restored. Maybe nnext time we will attain your 5***** approval!

I was particularly pleased that you enjoyed the space you had, again with 2 teenagers I fully appreciate, and with the staff. I have passed your review on to them and they as pleased as I am.

Again my thanks

cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a wedding and stayed here as part of a large group. Everything about it was brilliant, the room, the food, the bar , the staff.. Couldnt say enough good things about the hotel. Every member of the group was extremely happy with everything and we left knowing we would all go back in a heartbeat...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ciaraherlihy

Thank you for your recent comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Travel Inn. I feel kind of humbled by the lavish praise and will be passing your review to all the team here and I can assure they will be just as chuffed.

I think I recognize the profile picture you have which is in Doolin and I hope that your trip to the Kingdom was as scenically satisfying.

Again my thanks for the review

Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

we were very happy with our short stay at travel inn,we had one bedroom suite in which there were 3 of us and our daughters guide dog,found the suite very handy with dog as had patio door which they allowed us use very helpful as it saved us going in and out front hotel were very grateful for this,rooms lovely and big,beds very comfortable,room nice and warm,food in bar very good,staff very nice,girls on reception both on check in and out were very nice and helpful,only thing i would suggest is better signs on road coming from town,thanks again and def would return

Dear Norbuttons

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Travel Inn. I am most pleased that you found everything so good, particularly for your daughter's guide dog also. Your comments regarding the staff, particularly reception, will be passed on to all the team and I am sure they will be as pleased as I was. We will look into your comments about the signage but in Kerry the rules on scenic routes and signage are quite restrictive so I'm not sure that we will be able to assist.

Again my thanks

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Travel Inn. Everything was perfect as mentioned in all the reviews below. We'd like to thank all the staff in the hotel, special thanks to George. Something unexpected happened to our car and George helped us to organise our time, giving our family a lift to town and collecting us from the parade. He also organise a mechanic on Paddy's Day. Many thanks and we'll definitely come back to Travel Inn. Highly recommended!

Dear TracyH737

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at the Travel Inn Hotel. I must agree with you that the showers are quite good. The most pleasing of your comments was about the friendliness of the staff. I will be passing on all your review to all the team and I am sure they will be as well pleased as I am.

Dungarvan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am just back from a 2 night stay at the travel inn with my family 4 of us. The rooms were very spacious, clean warm rooms, comfortable beds and the best power shower. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. We didnt use the hotel restaurant as it was easy to self cater in our one bedroom suite which had a microwave, fridge, kettle, toaster and utenils. I would stay here again as it was good value and we really enjoyed our stay.

Brendan M, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear TracyH737

Thank you for your recent comments on your Paddy's Day Break with us that you posted on Tripadvisor. As a past pupil of Abbeyside I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the facilities so convenient. I am particularly delighted with your comments on the staff as we have a great team here and I will be passing on your thanks to them.

Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having a few more Deisha folks back to us.

Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

So far this is the most comfortable of the four Irish hotels we've visited. The suite setup gives the kids their own room while mom and dad have a rom to themselves. The one bathroom that serves the suite has ceramic tile floors and walls and even a 120v outlet for us American tourists. Beds were quite comfortable as well, and the staff is friendly even by Irish standards. Location is a short drive from the city centre, but there's a nearby bus stop for those traveling without a rental car. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Brendan M, Manager at Travel Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear HalALogan

Great to see some of the Diaspora coming to the Travel Inn for "The Gathering 2013" so early in the year. Thank you so much for your kind comments on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I will be passing your comments on to all the team and I am sure they will appreciate same.

As a parent also I have to agree the suite set up for families is one of the best facilities for families. You are not confined to the Cartoon Networks while the children can be entertained as well!

Anyway I am glad that we rated the Best of your 4 Hotel stays on your trip and thanks again for the comments.

Fionnar Walsh
Hotel Manager

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!