“Very comfortable 1 bedroom suite” 4 of 5 stars

Travel Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fossa, Killarney, Ireland (Formerly The Valley Suites)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
dublin
“Very comfortable 1 bedroom suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had 2 rooms booked for a short family break. Receptionist was very friendly and efficient. The rooms were very comfortable and big. Both rooms consisted of a double bed with tv and a connecting door with 2 single beds, tv, sofa, table with 4 chairs and a kitchenette which included microwave, fridge, kettle, sink, toaster and kettle (no cooker). Ideal for families. Had breakfast both mornings in hotel which was lovely. Staff were pleasant and efficient. Had meal in bar on the Saturday night as the Restaurant was closed. The meal itself was great. Only minus was that the bar was full and quite cramped. There was a hen party so small reception area was full also. However would not put me off this Hotel as overall we all had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear erinDublin

thank you for the positive review in Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Travel Inn. I am delighted that you were so positively critical of us and that even the one negative point, we were too busy, didn't put you off saying that you would definitely return. I know that it is sometimes very hard to get everything perfect for everyone and especially in the off season where you don't expect to have the business. We will continue to try though and I hope that if and when you do return that we might go even higher in your expectations.

I will pass your comments on to all the team and thanks once again

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Affordable place with large suites and great service! There is also a restaurant and a bar that serve good food. Great place to stay if you go in large groups of ten to twenty people. The rooms have all the felicities you could ask for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side with windows opening towards Ring of Kerry have a great view of the mountain...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dharma T

Might have been a short stay but thank you for your very nice comments on Tripadvisor regarding your visit to the Travel Inn. You captured the essence of the property and staff in your brief comment and I am grateful for you taking the time. I will be passing your message on to the team here and I can say thanks again on their behalf.

Kind regards

Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We arrived here after no sleep the previous night. We arrived at appox 12noon and were shown straight to our room, no waiting for normal check in times. The rooms are very large and comfortable. We had a one bedroon suite. The furnishings are not luxurious but are more than adequate. The bed was very comfortable. There were two 2 seater couches, a table & 4 chairs and a kitchenette in the living area all of which were clean and in good condition. Sile on reception could't have been more helpful. The views from the rooms were great (3rd floor front of the building) we could see the lake and the snow capped mountains. This hotel seems ideal for family breaks as the rooms are so large and comfortable. We viewed the family rooms and these were perfect for a party of 5. At breakfast the following morning (after a great nights sleep) we had a nice brakfast and Margaret in the restaurant couldn't have been more pleasant & helpful. We will definately return to this hotel and recommend it to others

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael M

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent trip to the Travel Inn hotel which you put on Tripadvisor. I will be passing them on to the team, especially Seila & Margaret as you were particularly impressed with both. It is so good to get individuals who stand out that you feel the need to mention same, as if you were at home, I think it is what the Irish visitor experience is all about .....home away from home! I am glad that you had a pleasant rest and I can assure you there are few other places that can offer such peace and then to wake up to the Lake & Snow capped Reeks as your morning view.

I am glad you enjoyed and look forward to your return.

Thanks again

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We are a family of 5 and stayed here last week (Jan 2013). I will say that the size of the suite is fantastic - too big in fact. We'd have fit in smaller and it would have been cheaper but the online site only offers you one choice (the dearer one of course)

Semi self catering is a new term to me, and one I will run a mile from in future. A small kitchen with toaster, kettle and fridge - fine. A microwave oven and not a single cooking utensil supplied. No jug, or large bowl. completely useless.

Our room had a bad smell from drains - it disappeared after the first day having run water through and left windows open. I shouldn't have had to do that of course. I should have asked to be moved, but I reckoned there wouldn't be much better. The website had indicated they were full - in fact there were very few people staying.

Then bin in the "Kitchen" had no lid so food and rubbish was exposed.

Cobwebs on the ceiling - no big deal - have them at home, but I'm not paying for them.

Only sampled food once - breakfast for myself and son once I realised I couldn't cook anything in the microwave. Pretty poor - cereals and tinned fruit to start. Scrambled eggs had been cooked in their microwave - over done and leathery. Sausages that claimed to be from Clonakility - were tiny and tasted nothing like any clonakilty sausage I'd ever had. 10 euro for my food - 5 for child which was ok for him, bad for me.

They don't have a pool but we were allowed use the pool of a sister hotel the far side of town. A bit of a drive but ok.

No dvd player in rooms which where kids are concerned is a standard requirement. There was a tv room downstairs with a dvd player but we didn't find out about it until the last day.

450 euro for 3 nights - very bad value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Aislinn H

Thank you for your critique of the Travel In on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. I have taken all your comments on board and will be passing them out to the team so that we can rectify any mistakes that were there on our behalf. I take our guest comments seriously and to this end I will be investigating your stay and where our where our system checks failed so that you did not have the stay you expected.

Yours sincerely

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on December 30 , Found hotel on hotels.com. Great price for a clean room and breakfast. We arrived very early that day and they let us in our room. Lady at desk was crabby. She looked stressed. I heard her say hotel booked NYE. She should have talked about in the back. Lounge was very nice. Good music. I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Carrie717_13

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor comments and I will take action on them. You rated the facilities very highly and for this I am much appreciative and I will be passing all the comments on to the team so that they can see how effective social media is and how it affects us on a daily basis!

Again my thanks

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a 3 day trip over for a family funeral and the staff at Travel Inn were very gracious and helpful.
As it was off season there were no meals beyond breakfast available but there is plenty in Killarney to eat so it wasn't a problem.
Good value and we'd definitely stay there again.
Really good breakfast though!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bezmina

I am glad that we were part of a pleasing moment in your time of need. Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor which were so gracious, given the reason for your stay, and I will be passing them on to the team here in the Travel Inn.

Again my thanks

Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, December 30 and 31. Staff were nice and location was ok. Put simply though, it's not a 4 star hotel. We had an evening meal as part of our package . Restaurant wasn't open at that time of year, so our meal was in the bar. Had our 4 star meal with Rhianna playing in the background, six one on the tv over the bar, and a game of pool in full swing beside our table. 4 stars? Again, to be fair, the staff were nice enough , and it's nothing personal, but they really shouldn't be maintaining that it's a 4 star hotel. It's an ok hotel, 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Ozzie25

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Travel Inn hotel in Killarney. I appreciate you did not find the service of dinner in the bar to your satisfaction for the rating of the property, however, in the off season the value we offer is reflected in our prices. We also, in the off season, have the bar orientated towards a more local trade and therefore the Pool table in operation. We are trying to ensure the full time employment of the staff in the property and will make every economic decision to this end given the current climate.

Again your comments are most welcome and I will pass them on to the team as I note the staff did impress you.

Kind regards

Operations Manager

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!