“Beautiful Hotel and great hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Loch Lein Country House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fossa, Killarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fossa
sunshine coast
“Beautiful Hotel and great hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The welcome and service on arrival was a nice touch. Paul and Ann were great hosts and helped us with tourist information and where to eat. The room was large, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. I can not fault anything with this place, just go and enjoy.

Room Tip: A room with the lake view is wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was looking for a quiet and relaxed holiday with my wife and my baby in Killarney. I followed the recommendations on tripadvisor and went for Loch Lein. After spending a week there I can wholeheartedly recommend Loch Lein. The attention of detail we received from the hotel owners was exceptional in any way. The property is placed in a beautiful setting off road with a magnificent lake view. Our room was very spacious and quiet at night. All the staff was very very friendly and caring. 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I did a two week tour of Ireland for our honeymoon last October. We stayed at a variety of places including B&Bs, a castle and the Ritz. Although our entire trip was a dream, Loch Lein Country House was a particular favorite. The view was spectacular. The staff was welcoming. The room was charming with a TON of amenities. Lock Lein was incredibly intimate and romantic. There were other guests staying while we were there but it felt like we were the only two. It is in a great location, close to many historic sights and right in the thick of plenty of natural beauty. We stayed here two nights and seriously considered changing our itinerary to make it three or four. If we ever get the pleasure of going back to Ireland, both my husband and I agree that we'll schedule most of our trip here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My stay at Loch Lein Country House was wonderful! The hotel was immaculately clean and the rooms were huge with lovely bathrooms and plenty of storage. Having arrived late at night I was seriously impressed by the views when I opened the curtains the next morning! The hotel has stunning surroundings of the lake and mountains of Killarney. The breakfast is delicious with fresh and local food being served exactly to your taste. Paul and Annette made us all feel very welcome and at home during our stay and are brilliant hosts. I would not hesitate to recommend Loch Lein Country House to anyone who is looking for a trip to Killarney and hope to visit the hotel again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a family reunion in Loch Lein and I can say it was an absolutely fantastic weekend. From the moment we walked in the door, we were met with a warm and genuine welcome from Paul the owner.
The rooms were huge,very bright and clean. We over looked the beautiful garden which was lovely to wake up to. You get a great sense of peace when you look out on to the gardens in the morning time.
We ate in Killarney the first night and then we ate in Loch Lein the 2nd night. The food in Loch Lein was absolutely amazing. We wished we had eaten there the 2 nights. It was great to able to go back to the lounge area and continue on catching up with the family.
Loch Lein is a hidden gem in Killarney. You can drive just 5 minutes for all the hustle and bustle of Killarney and then come back to tranquillity and relaxation in Loch Lein.
I would highly recommend the hotel for a family reunion, small wedding or just to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston,Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our stay at Loch Lein Country House was one of the highlights of our 13-day visit to the "Auld Sod." Spacious rooms and baths, cozy and comfortable lobby areas, magnificent views are all part of the attraction of this beautiful country home. But it was the people that made this hotel truly special. From the housekeepers to Gerard, the bellman/bartender/innkeeper-in-waiting to breakfast servers and, especially, Paul and Annette the owners, who were ever present - all of them going out of their way to make our party feel comfortable and welcomed. Truly, an old-fashioned "Mein Host" atmosphere. 5 Stars in my book - from a 40-year hospitality veteran.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loch Lein more than merits its great reviews. I stayed there a few weeks ago with my fiancée and had a great time. Our room was spacious, clean and had a wonderful view onto the lakes. Paul and Annette go out of their way to make all the guests feel welcome, as did all the staff that we met. The breakfast was very nice and there was a great selection on the menu. Paul also arranged for afternoon tea to be sent to our room, which was a great touch. I will definitely be back the next time I am in Kerry. Go raibh mile maith agaibh arís. Beir bua agus beannacht. James & Sara

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Loch Lein Country House? Share your experiences!