I stayed at Hotel Europe for 2 nights and had low expectations given some of the reviews. I was however impressed by the Hotel. It has been recently renovated and so perhaps is a different hotel these days. The front of the hotel is quite Germanic and not overly inviting but the reception area is impressive particularly the views over the lakes. The room was good. Spacious and comfortable. Not outstanding however for a 5 star hotel. Also, no coffee or tea making facilities, which I always find annoying. Where the hotel really stood out for me was in terms of its spa, swimming pool and fitness area. The outdoor pool looking out over the mountains and lake was magnificent. The sauna and steam room were also excellent. The views over the lakes and mountains are amazing on a clear day and the garden area took advantage of this The Brasserie bar was fine for food. I avoided the main restaurant for dinner as there are loads of places to eat in Killarney. The conference area is also most impressive. Very modern and spacious. They clearly have invested a lot of money into their facilities. The hotel has some nice areas to relax in and there is a feeling of plenty of space throughout. The hotel is close to Killarney golf and fishing club and a short taxi ride from the town centre. One thing that was bad, however was the fact that on the morning I was leaving, two cleaning staff decided to start cleaning my room before I had checked out. I was told that they had to get the room ready. This was poor from a good hotel. Furthermore, breakfast was very very average and a let down for a reputed five star hotel. So there a few areas where they could improve but overall the hotel is worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel
- Europe Hotel Killarney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.