Stayed at the Europe in August this year was a surprise birthday weekend. Hotel was lovely, room clean and staff helpful. Spa was very nice and had back massage which was fantastic. Food in restaurant was first class had the chateaubriand and was not disappointed. Downsides was the pool and outdoor pool area was swarming with children running around and dive bombing from the sides. Could not sit by the pool or even swim as the amount of horseplay going on. No staff or parents seemed to care so in the end we left as it was too wild in this respect it didn't have the feeling of a 5 star hotel it felt very budget hotel. It's a shame as it spoilt part of the weekend for us not being able to enjoy the facilities. Other downside for being a 5 star I would expect water to be provided every day not so on second day we asked for some and were charged €6 which was annoying as the weekend was far from cheap. Would recommend to others, star rating would have been higher if these issues had not occurred.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- Europe Hotel Killarney