Driving up to the hotel I was initially a bit put off by the blocky concrete building. However it only took setting one foot into the lobby to know that first impressions are not always correct.The Europe exceeded my expectations! Upon arrival and check in we were greeted with warm towels from the spa to refresh, which was perfect after our day of touring the Southwest coast of Ireland. The decor was very contemporary without being austere. Rather it was simple, clean lined, and inviting. The views out over the gardens and lake were the perfect compliment to the interior.
At first I was concerned that the hotel was not within walking distance to the center of town, but Killarney is very touristy and it was nice to remove ourselves from the hustle and bustle. Additionally the restaurants on the hotel property are lovely, so no need to head back to town for dinner.
We enjoyed a before dinner drink in the bar which was also beautifully designed. We sat by the windows over looking the grounds. When our table was ready we were escorted to another lovely table also overlooking the grounds and lake and enjoyed a wonderful meal.
The room was luxurious, heated tile floors in the bathroom outfitted with gorgeous brown marble counters. I sunk into the insanely comfortable bed and slept peacefully with the exception of being slightly too warm!
I would recomend this to travelers who have high standards and are looking to be a bit pampered. This is not a charming B&B, but it is also not an impersonal hotel chain. At the Europe you will receive the personal attention of a B&B with the accommodations and amenities that a large hotel typically has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- Europe Hotel Killarney