We recently spent 2 nights midweek in July. We had previously stayed in the Lakes hotel but decided to have dinner in the Europe to see how good it was. Based on the dinner we decided to splash out and spend 2 nights in the Lakeview room on the 4th floor.
There is no doubt that first impressions are so important. We drove up the driveway and parked the car. We wheeled our cases to the front door....3 steps up...no ramp. The revolvong door made wheeling the cases in rather awkward. No door man to assist.
The lady at check in was in the "doing a job mode". She did not make any special effort to say welcome etc.
We were given a 2nd floor room first and asked could we go higher. She said no and advised us that the room was being cleaned at 2pm.
We went outside and 20 minutes later we were given the room key. She had crossed out the original room number and over written the new one without telling us.
We got lost trying to find the room as the directions we got were for the room on the second floor.
The room was spacious with a lovely balcony. The bathroom was very small in comparison and got very stuffy after taking a shower.
The view from our balcony was super.
The Spa was stunning particularly the pool outside.
The sitting lounge with the candle sticks and firepalces is just awesome.
The restaurant is fine but when the sunshines the heat is too much to take as the windows were not opened.
The eveing meal was fine.
We often stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin as our quarterly treat. There is just no comparison in standard in particular the staff, the bedrooms and the athmosphere.
The Hotel Europe should engage someone who has trained 5star staff and I believe this will significantly uplift this hotel.
After our meal at the hotel in May I emailed the Europe and asked them to email me with any special offers. I know 2 people read the mail, but I got no reply.
Similarily when I booked the meal I asked them for a special table as it was our anniversary. No reply. I phoned and asked about the mail, to which I was told they were "going to respond". They promised a special table. When we arrived we were told that the seating would be on a first come served basis. No mention during the meal at all re our anniversary. This is just the opposite to the wonderful Four Seasons.
I really wish that the Europe could be better as it has so much going for it. However until that happens we will happily return to the Four Seasons for real pampering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lough Lein, The 5 Star Europe Hotel and Resort has been welcoming guests for over fifty years and has reopened after a 70m face lift which includes the stunning 4,600 sq.m. spa called ESPA at The Europe. From the moment you cross the threshold of the hotel you step into another world. A magnificent two story atrium with glass doors leads onto a garden terrace with a view of the lake and the mountains beyond which leaves you breathless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Europe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Europe Hotel And Resort
- The Europe Hotel Killarney
- Europe Hotel Killarney