“I loveeed it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“I loveeed it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Finally an excellent asian restatauarant in AD.. it has the best thai food i ever had. The view is stunning. The service is superb. Mmm just enjoy the food and view
It cost us 500 for starter and meal for a couple but i felt it was worth it as it was an unforgettable experience

• 5 of 5 stars Food
John_Pelling, General Manager at Sontaya, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated and I am glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us at Sontaya.

I have to agree that the setting of Sontaya is stunning, particularly on the alfresco seating of the floating pavilions. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments on the service, as one of our core values at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island it is great to hear of your positive experience.

I hope to welcome you back to Sontaya in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great location, good service, very good food but expensive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We visited Sontaya for a late lunch - my wife and I and two children 16 and 13. As we had not made a booking we had to sit inside which was a little disappointing. There is some of the terrace space taken up with a stage area that is not used at lunchtime. If it could be moved then it would allow more outside seating. We shared two starters which arrived promptly and were tasty - however we thought the papaya salad was missing something - perhaps more fish sauce ? The main courses were excellent - we asked for the chicken green curry instead of the prawn green curry and it was SO good. In our opinion the fried King fish and sambal and the short rib massamam curry were the best. For desert we shared the mango sorbet and the mango sticky rice which was out of this world. We had 2 bottles of water and one Coke (13 Dhms for a small bottle !!), no alcohol and the bill was 922 Dhms. I do consider that to be expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John_Pelling, General Manager at Sontaya, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Tim

Your comments are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share this with the team at Sontaya.

During your visit Sontaya was celebrating Indonesian with their traditional festival which involved traditional dancing every evening on the stage. It is unfortunate that the stage was positioned on such a prime place on the terrace and could not be moved for lunch; however it added great effect to the evenings.

I hope to welcome you back to Sontaya in the near future to sample some more of our tantalizing dishes.

Cairo, Egypt
“Beautiful Place. Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been staying in the st. Regis for a while and Sontaya is my favorite there. The setting is beautifully surrounded by water. the lighting is nice. it's perfect for a romantic dinner outdoors or a dinner with friends inside.

My favorite dishes are the pad thai, the red duck curry, the prawns green curry and the roasted duck breast (which they unfortunately removed from the new menu).

Also, the service is very attentive and friendly.

• Visited November 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

Sontaya is a perfect venue for so many occasions and the setting is breathtaking with the pavilions and water pools. We pride ourselves on location and service therefore it is great feedback that both met your expectations.

I hope to welcome to back to Sontaya soon to sample some more dishes.

“@wesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great selection of house infused vodka cocktail and SE asian cuisine. Quick lunch, long lasting memory, i can adjust my spicy level in this restaurant. Congratulation to the staff..deserve the best in Abu Dhabi.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John_Pelling, General Manager at Sontaya, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.

I have to agree, our mixologist has done a great job in creating such a good selection of house infused vodkas which create our bespoke cocktails.

I look forward to welcoming you back to try some more of our infused beverages as well as our new fall menu.

Ketchikan, Alaska
“Amazing Restaurant and Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

we visited the restaurant a week ago and we were so impressed with the beatiful setting of the restaurant, ambience with the water surround, ocean view in front of your eyes with nice beach very tranquility and peaceful.
food was excellent start from appetizer all the way to dessert, very tasty, well prepared and so authentic the best south east asian restauarnt i have ever had outside of thailand.
very friendly staff and professional with genuine smile...
very recommended to visit

• Visited October 2012
Dear Mark,

On behalf of the team at Sontaya, I would like to thank your kind feedback.

One of the core values for St Regis is address and I’m happy to read your appreciation of the location of Sontaya. In addition to the seductive setting, we also pride ourselves on the authenticity of cuisines and I am delighted that we exceed expectations with food and service.