“Nice buffet but too expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice buffet but too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went a couple of times during the week and weekends. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and even in May it was enjoyable outside.
The selection of starter and main dishes is huge, very nice seafood, but relatively limited deserts choice. Great cheese selection.You can get middle east, asian, and continental dishes. Not as good as mangrove Anantara, the Shangri La or the Westin and more expansive.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milan, Italy
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was in Abu Dhabi on vacation a few weeks ago. I can talk on and on about this place, simply loved it! I went in the Olea Restaurant a few times while I was there, and it was a great experience. First of all I would like to say thanks to the hostess (Elisabeth or something like that). She managed to make our experience fun from the very start, she found us a seat even though the place was pretty full. Beyond that point we would have been satisfied with anything, but the rest of the staff we encountered was just as pleasant and fun. The food was also great. I think we had the mixed grill the first time we were there and it was great, as well as the several other dishes we had in our visits there. The second time we went there (without a reservation again) the hostess treated us as we were regulars... An amazing feeling. Would definitely recommend both the Hotel and the Restaurant as the staff seems to assure you have a memorable time there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fair breakfast experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great ambiance so indulging,very friendly staff charming hostess Joy torres is a star .better breakfast experience this time though lots of improvement needed and communication amongst staff and management tables took long to be cleared .a brand like st regis needs to deliver more!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Average hotel fare. Nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I ate at Olea for breakfast and lunch, and saw some consistent trends.

Ambience:
Lovely view to the gardens. If you love al fresco dining, this is one of the places to go.

Food:
Nothing stood out on both meals.
Breakfast was the usual fare of British, Indian, Arabic and Chinese dishes.
Lunch was pretty much average fare. (terrine, smoked fish, braised meat, pasta etc)
No carvery but at least they have a decent set of fish options.

Generally inconsistent
Breakfast, the restaurant was less than a third full and yet the staff struggled to clear tables and serve drinks in a timely manner. One of my pet peeves is seeing restaurant staff act as if guests are not there and not react to a table that needed clearing or an empty cup.
Lunch service was much better despite the fact that the restaurant was nearly full.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stregis_Management, General Manager at Olea, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Olea, our Mediterranean inspired all day dining venue.

Secondly, I would like to apologise for the inconveniences that you experienced during your visit and I will be sure to highlight these to the venue management.

If carvery if your preference I can recommend our Thursday Roast Evenings in Olea which feature a host of carvery and roast items.

Kind Regards

J. Stewart Selbie
“Avoid at all cost!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Great ambience let down by extremely poor food. Mushroom soup was worse than tinned soups!!! Never thought anything could taste worse than canned soup!!! Too much variety with very little focus on flavours. dessert was not just appalling but shameful - it was of the same standard as a cheap buffet restaurant (Cosmo chain in the U.K. , for instance). Disgraceful considering this is part of a 5 star hotel!!!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Olea.

I would like to assure you that I have reached out to the chef regarding your comments. Should you wish to discuss the matter further I can be reached on stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com.

Kind Regards