“Fish & Chips” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 89 Restaurants in Woodstock
Ontario
“Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't go by the outside, the staff are very friendly, the fish & chips are the best around. Also only place I can go for mushy peas, a must have with fish & chips for any english person. Prices are great!

Visited May 2013

Ingersoll, Canada
“MMMMMM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best fish around.. Dont want to compare to the world but I have told them there that they are better than the big name franchises, wold go weekly if I could.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Wrap it up in newspaper to go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The way its always been since I was a kid. Greasy but always good. You know what you will get here. Made the same way every time.

Woodstock, Canada
“Very Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We did take out. I was impressed with the food. I am not a fish person, so I was not overly excited to have fish for dinner...but this place has won me over. It was great! We had the Halibut with fries. ALL very tasty. Next time we return to Mels we will dine in. Our take out was missing the crunchy goodness by the time we made it home with our food....but the great flavour was still there!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ingersoll
“I'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the first time that I have ben to this restaurant, but both my wife and brother have indicated that it is very good. I enjoy fish and chips once in awhile but often find that they are just OK. Today I had probably the best Halibut and hand cut fries that I can remember. It was most enjoyable. I noticed that some reviewers indicate that it is expensive and the higher end fish is bit pricey but I don't believe it to be unreasonably so. I was impressed that for a small venue they offered a variety of other items that weren't fish and chips. This review is based on today's visit, but who knows what future visits may reveal.

• Visited August 2012