“Atlas Mountains” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$397*
and up
Private Tour: 2-Day Ait Benhaddou and Ouarzazate...
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Mountains, Nature & Parks
Yorkshire
10 attraction reviews
“Atlas Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was amazing the views incredible, we also did some walking by a river and it was like a smaller version of the Grand Canyon. The off roading was abit scary but fun. We had lunch at a lovely hotel with beautiful views. Good day all round

Visited May 2013

Istanbul
“Hiking with Driss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

In the third week of April. 2013, I spent parts of three days in a row hiking with Driss Lachguer:

1. 3 hours in the hills of the national park near the Kasbah Tamadot
2. With my wife, 3-4 hours hiking up to and back from the higher Berber villages
3. 6 hours climbing the two saddles east of Imli (1100 metres vertical; 17-18 km total distance).

Driss was a very good companion and a terrific guide for all of these excursions, I am an experienced hiker, while my wife is not, and yet Driss was ideal for each of us. With my wife, he was very careful to check and confirm that footing, pace, opportunities for photos and such made it a very satisfying experience (she noted specifically that Driss was far better at knowing just when to offer her a helping had than I am!). When he and I were hiking alone, he paced the hikes nice and briskly but allowed me lots of my own space for contemplation and enjoying the spectacular scenery as we went along.

Driss also offered a very enjoyable introduction to the Berber people and their hospitality. He made it very comfortable for us to enjoy tea and, on the longer hike, even a breakfast at the homes of some of the villagers. He clearly enjoyed the pleasure that we took in getting to know his culture a little better and in adding to our understanding of it.

I hope to spend a week, or more, back in the High Atlas some time in the next couple of years, taking on some of the more serious routes. I can think of no better compliment to Driss than to say that I look forward very much to his guiding me.

DEM

Visited April 2013
London
“Driss - High atlas guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a fantastic long weekend in Morroco which included trekking in the beautiful Atlas Mountains. Driss was our excellent guide who was knowledgable, helpful and patient. His English is excellent and he adapted the itinerary to meet our requests. He set a pace appropriate for our group and was always checking to make sure we were OK. The scenery was beautiful, the villages delightful and the food delicious. We only wished we had longer and are all keen to go back and explore further.

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Driss Lachguer - High Atlas Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just finished a seven day trek with Driss. He took me through three different valleys and an ascent of Mount Toubkal. Driss is very knowledgeable about the area and I never had to worry about a thing. Driss handled everything including the food and the accomodations each night. Additionally, Driss was always asking me if I was comfortable with the pace and assured me that I could take as many breaks as I want. I highly recommend Driss as a guide when trekking through the Atlas mountains.

Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Australia
192 attraction reviews
“The Amazing Atlas Mountains.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We toured through the Atlas mountains for three days and took hundreds of pictures. The first suprise was the neat, alpine style village of Ifrane, built by the french for colonial retreats. The crisp mountain air a nice change from the heat and dust of the coastal cities.The Atlas mountains seem to have spawned millions of rocks. The fields are covered in rocks and this building material is in use everywhere. The natural beauty of the Atlas mountains came as a real suprise and I recommend a visit here, on tour or individually. There are many campers in hired vans doing the touring thing through the mountains. The village are picturesque and remind us of the hard life it is here. The Ziz vally is a true Oasis and a welcome patch of green in a brown and dry landscape.

Visited February 2013