“Magnificent and Elegant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Magnificent and Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, the best tangia you can taste in morocco along side a great live entertainment. A bit dark place but beautiful.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service, average food, over priced but cool venue”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The service was appalling from the moment we entered the restaurant. We were greeted by two girls who looked us up and down, and on asking for a table they reluctantly showed us to a table in the main dining area. Despite there being many staff standing around we had to repeatedly ask to order drinks, to order food, to see the desert menu etc . . . when staff did come they were chewing gum, uninterested and generally seemed like they couldn't be bothered. The food was fine. I can't complain but it didn't justify the prices. Such a shame as the venue was quite lavish and impressive. I wouldn't go back but would go to the Le Comptoir instead which had very attentive staff, much better food and a better atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
“Absolutely brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Had the most amazing night here when we went. Was recommended by our hotel and the service, food and dancers were just amazing. I had the Thai noodles with chicken in as I had had too much Moroccan food by this point and it was lovely! Truly the best plate of noodles I've ever eaten. My friends had lamb tagine which just melted in your mouth and the prawn dish was also lovely. Overall the best night of our stay in Marrakech and the belly dancers were definately the best around as we also went to l'comptoir which did not compare to these belly dancers! Highly recommended this place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Food expensive and average”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We decided to go here as we heard this place was a restaurant that turned into a night club. We didn't find out if this is true. The food is truly overpriced. We spent 900 dirhams for 2 very average mains, 2 glasses of wine and an entree. The food was dry and lacked any authenticity, the entertainment was good. Belly dancers and ladies carry candles trays on their head.
We had better meals in the square for a 1/3 of the price.
The only positive is that the decor is nice, but the place is pretty dark. We needed to use the torch on our phones to see what we were eating. When we paid we were 'advised' the service charge wasn't included!
Will not recommend and will not go again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Venue but Staff Very disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Upon entering this establishment we really thought we were in for a treat but the staff from the minute we were greeted were pretty nonchalant and inattentive. We were sat down and left, eventually the menu arrived and we were left with menus for about 20mins and finally caught the eye of a passing waiter at last to order a drink and our food. The wine was brought and left for us in a cooler and our glasses were not filled once by any member of staff. The food was brought placed down and left and that was it. No smiles, no asking if we needed anything, very cold. The entertainment was very good that is the only thing I can say but the service and staff let this place down badly. We ordered the bill and it was placed before us and we were told very straight to the point that there was no service charge added and again when I went to pay the waiter asked me to go over the bar and again put the figure in to the machine and asked what amount I wanted to add for service. At this point I was so wound up by their arrogant attitude in there that I told them I didn't want to I would leave a tip at the table. He then hovered over us until we left which got my back up even more as if he had paid us the slightest bit of attention from when he sat us we would have been more than happy to have left a tip (which we always do for good service). Such a shame the staff aren't trained in customer relations or at least manners!

• Visited July 2013