“A lovely lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“A lovely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

we visited the place for a celebration lunch on the completion of our submission of a contract bid.
there was about 30 in the team. The place is a little remote being well on the way to Southport so it does take a little effort to get there. Once you arrive the trouble is well worth it. The surrounding are very modern and clean and light and it felt a lovely place to be. We had the special lunchtime menu, I think it was £11 or thereabouts for 2 courses. There was lots of choice and I can recommend the antipasti italian plate and the pork in pepper sauce, sorry I can't remember its proper name but it has been a couple of weeks since we went. The service was very good and we didn't have to wait long for anything, and there were plenty of other customers in the place. I would I go again, yes I would but as it's a long way from where I live it would really need to be a really special reason.

Southport, England, United Kingdom
“Just Sensational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm not a big Italian food fan but my wife dragged me here over a year ago, since then we've been many times and the food is absolutely magnificent. The decor is beautiful I don't dare to think what this restaurant cost to build and the reception from the staff could not be better, they always laugh and joke with my children and are very friendly, so now i don't know if i'm a fan of Italian food, or just the Italian food from San Marco.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Monday evening. We could see from nearby diners plates that portions were large, so we decided on a shared starter and a shared pizza. The food was very good...fresh ingredients and a pizza with very thin crispy base. Staff attentive and friendly. They made a fuss of birthday guests and some families with very young children....they must have felt very welcome ( not everywhere likes babies in restaurants. ) the place is open plan and huge. On Monday evening there were about 60 other diners. When the place is full I should expect it to get very noisy, but some people feel this is 'atmosphere' ? The decor is black and white and modern . The open kitchen is a feature....you can hear the chefs chatting in loud Italian ....adds an 'authentic' feel. Prices are on the high side. The car park is very big. There is a bus stop right outside ...the number 2 and 2X stop on their way to and from Preston/Southport.....handy to use if everyone wants to drink. We'd go again and we'd recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, efficient service, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with family back in march, we couldn't fault the place, service or food. A few people in our party were a little late but despite this the staff were very accommodating even though they needed our table. Will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Great Food but extremely noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

First time visitors. Initial impressions very good and really excellent service.
However as the evening progressed it got louder and louder ( open plan room became packed)until conversation was for me impossible. It's a shame as the food was outstanding. I'd recommend it to others but only at off peak times. On a Friday night it neither pleasant nor relaxing.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere