“Great food, spacious clean and comfortable rooms ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk

You added Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Federal Highway, Sutton, New South Wales 2620, Australia (Formerly Rydges Eagle Hawk Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton
Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, spacious clean and comfortable rooms ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was a last minute overnighter on our way out of Canberra and we were not disappointed. Staff couldn't do enough for us, the room was more like 2 with lots of room for the kids to play, the restaurant served a beautiful dinner in elegant surroundings. Buffet breakfast in the cafe rounded out the trip - though we would have loved to try out the gorgeous very large pool and outdoor spaces.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here on the final night of our honeymoon. First impressions were not good, there was a smell of sewerage in the main reception area and the room we were given smelt as though someone had been smoking in it.

To the hotel's credit, when we raised the room issue with them they did move us into another room. The facilities are fairly well appointed and its a short drive into Canberra to visit many of the attractions in the National Capital. If the city is not for you then the wineries of the lake George area are a stones throw from the hotel.

A word of warning though. If there is a wedding on at the hotel when you stay then don't, like we did, plan on eating at the restaurant on site as it seems at least in our experience that the guests of the hotel are an afterthought on the catering front.

All in all it was a fairly average stay and its perfectly fine if you're not too fussy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Kembla, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on the weekend on saturday night. Nice place, the hotel resort and amenities were good. Quite and peaceful place away from all the city noise. The rooms definately need updating ie: carpets, curtains.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ended up here by accident... There were a choice of three Ibis Hotels in Canberra and my Taxi driver took me to both of the wrong ones - lesson always keep the address handy.

The receptionist was an absolute gem and fixed this for me transferring the reservation and the Barman was a good chap as well, in fact all the staff were great.

The rooms are a ways away from the reception and are pretty basic, but I think are offering really good value for road warriors on a couple of days business or families(mine would have slept five). Be prepared for some insects, but on the plus of this you can see the night sky very well and it's set in some nice gardens/scrub. If you fancy decent value with some charm and you are willing to have more basic accommodation then well worth considering.

Room Tip: Ask for one near to reception as it's a hike.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks Michael T for your feedback.
We do have a natural bush setting and at night the lights on the covered walkway do attract the nightlife so to speak.
Our staff are happy to move guests around do different rooms wherever available as our property is spread out over 15 acres however most can have cars parked nearby. We will be going through many upgrades to the hotel over the coming 6 months which will improve the look of the hotel. Value for money is one of the core offers we provide and I hope you have the chance to visit again.
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room : 3 star property with comfy bed, and basic bathroom but clean
Location : 15 mins from Canberra City, at the side of freeway
Very very friendly and helpful reception staff (George was his name???) he even helped me do the web check in for Qantas flights for 15 persons, and always helpful.
There were so many school groups when we stayed there.
Downside was the breakfast was open at 6.30 am on Sunday and I had checked with reception to have breakfast at 6 am and he said its opened at 6am, but that morning restaurant wasnt opened yet, but in order for us to catch up bus to Snowy Mountains, I need to really begged the staff to let us have basic breakfast eventually they provide us with some breads n coffee/tea/OJ. If only they allowed us to have breakfast at 6 am I would give higher rating.
It is a resort style hotel, all rooms are located at ground level (the only level) so if you arent so lucky you could get room bit far from the lobby/entrance. Mine was about 5 mins walk from lobby (bit hassle when u need to bring ur own suitcase)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Thanks JessicaJohanna for your response.
At certain times of the year we are very popular for school groups due to our layout as many of our rooms cater for student style accommodation and ease of access for busses.
We have 151 rooms spread out over 15 acres and the rooms will require a walk to them however with many you can drive up to those rooms and park nearby.
I will pass on your comments to George as this type of service is the key to our industry and I am very pleased you encountered this.
I hope you have the chance to visit again
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I read a lot on tripadvisor and other websites about the problems with staying here, it made me want to do a backflip about my booking. The property is a bit dated I concede but generally for the price I paid, the value and pleasantness is there. The pool is fully working, there was a group of family with small kids splashing about merrily when I walked past for my free drinks before. The free wifi wasn't working in the main lobby area last night and the receptionist politely offered wifi access free of charge in our room. They had a booking of schoolkids visiting from Western Australia and a group of salespeople from a vacuum company, one of which told us they come to stay here about once a year. Rabbits a-plenty (I seem to be encountering more and more of them as time goes by) and a sprinkling of kangaroos munching on the lawn can be seen if you're staying on the side towards the main road. Breakfast spread is reasonable of good standard, and it's an easy drive (16min) to Canberra centre. A value choice for those who have business there. They do accommodate room changes if you want parking closeby or a different bed layout.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thankyou Pony_tails555 for your response.
I hope we are very much seen as accommodating and I know the upgrades planned for the hotel and our friendly service will always attract people to our property as a good value for money place to stay.
I hope you get a chance to enjoy the quiet surroundings and pleasant wildlife again
Ibis Styles Eaglehawk

Been to Ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk? Share your experiences!