“Average all the way around...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Arizona
“Average all the way around...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been to Long Wong's twice. The first time the food was excellent, the service was good and the overall experience was pretty good. The second time we went was a whole different story. The service was horrible and the food was even worse. I ordered a burger with jalapenos and my six year old son ordered just a cheeseburger. The waitress brought out the burgers and gave my six year old my burger...with the jalapenos. That didn't turn out so well as I'm sure you can imagine! The food was cold by the time it made it to our table, drinks didn't get refilled and we never got check on. We had to walk to the front to ask for our check because it was never brought to us and then we waited 20 minutes at the register to pay. The only thing that I can contribute the difference to is the first time we were the only ones in the restaurant. The second time, we weren't, there were quite a few other people there. There is a game room for the kiddies which is kind of nice but I wouldn't say that this is an extremely family-friendly restaurant as each time we visited, our waitress wore skimpy spaghetti strap, low-cut shirts. I probably will not return to Long Wong's :(

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“Typical Greasy Fast Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great for those days when you just crave those greasy deep fried appetizers and burgers. Flavor is good, service is great and the teens would love the video games and hippy atmosphere but don't go here if you want anything healthy. It's all wings, pizza, burgers, and snacks. Prices are good. I would take my boys there if they wanted some wings & pizza.

Visited April 2014
Show Low, Arizona
“Nothing to write home about.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Since Long Wongs Two Hippies Wings and Pizza, (or is it pizza and wings), opened up several months ago, my wife and I finally decided to try it. Upon entering, we were greeted nicely and told to sit anywhere. The place was not busy. Our waitress was very nice, prompt and courteous. My wife ordered a personal pepperoni pizza and I ordered the fish taco plate, and a dozen wings to share, (some to take home), in spicy BBQ and creamy Parmesan.

The wings came quickly. We both thought the wings were very good. Nice large meaty wings and drumettes and the sauces we chose were quite good.

The pizza came out a bit too quickly, I thought. It was a tasty sauce but the crust was not crisp at all. Very limp/soggy crust. My fish tacos arrived with a pico de guyo and a red taco sauce. I put half a teaspoon of pico as there wasn't much of that since it was in a small plastic container, and the red taco sauce and had a mouthful of the muddiest worst tasting tilapia and taco sauce I had ever had. The red taco sauce tasted like a cajun style hot sauce, not a taco sauce. I told my wife that I didn't like it at all. I have never returned a plate in my life but my wife said suck it up and eat them. Well, I ate one and couldn't do any more. There were three tacos.

The waitress was advised and we switched my taco to a green chili burger. That came after a few minutes and generally burgers come with fries but mine did not. I guess we traded one taco eaten for fries. The burger was juicy and pretty tasty.

We were not charged for the tacos and were, of course, charged for the burger but not certain if any deduction was there for no French fries or exactly what trade, if any, was done.

As a side note and hearsay, we have a friend who also tried Long Wongs in Lakeside a few weeks ago and she said she wouldn't go back.

I 'might' go back for a burger, and/or wings, but I doubt it. Too many other and better places to choose in the White Mountains of Arizona.

Understand we had no problem at all with our waitress and all working there were pleasant and very friendly. The TVs were all on sports games.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Winging it....Not worth it!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Unfortunantely,the site of an old favorite resaurant under new ownership,was an absolute disappointment!! This is not a family friendly setting where the big screen channells are on TMZ-Nudity Pics and sloppy waiters can barely greet you appropriately. There is something to be said about 'soft-skills training' desperately needed by the waiter in his tatood muscle shirt and rude mannerisms. He made the entire experience unpleasant and reassurred us we would never come back. The food was ok but a little greesy and unseasoned. They were also out of a lot of items due to what they said a rush the night before. The setting does not fit the warm welcoming Mountain atmosphere. So sad to see a great setting winged to disaster!!

• Visited July 2013