“Clean Room, A little outdated, Be wary if arriving late!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Executive Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Executive Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Executive Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1023 E. White Mountain Blvd., Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ 85935   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
“Clean Room, A little outdated, Be wary if arriving late!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We booked this hotel after deciding to make a last minute trip. Booked online and knew we were going to be arriving after midnight and the site stated a 24 hour front desk. We arrived after midnight. Probably around 130am. The front desk was closed but did have a door bell. Rang the door bell and after a few minutes a male came out of the back and opened the door. He asked what I needed and I stated I had a reservation. He looked dumbfounded and let me in. He said he had no reservations. I said I made one earlier around 7pm. He said you never showed up so I cancelled it. I said I put in the reservation notes we would be arriving after midnight. He became very rude about the situation and made me very unconfortable. All I waned to know from there was whether he had a room for us or not as it was Memorial day weekend and almost everyone else was full. His response was you never gave a credit card so no reservation. I said the website did not ask for one. If it would have I would have given one. He again said you never gave a credit card. I said talk to the website then. It never asked for one. I asked again if he had a room for my family or not. He again said you didn't give a credit card. I said I know I didn't, but that was not my fault. If there is no where to give one on the reservation that is not my fault. I again asked if he had a room for us ad he finally said yes. I do not understand why we had to spend almost 10 minutes arguing over the late arrival and no CC on the reservation if he had a room for us. A horrible when travelling with your family and arriving late at night.

Only other complaint is the breakfast. It was a loaf of bread, a couple muffins and a waffle maker. In a mini fridge was a gallon of milk, Gallon of Sunny Delight and a container of Apple Juice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We usually stay at hotels up in Pinetop that cost double what the Executive Inn and Suites charges. However, we wanted to get two rooms for the family this time as our kids are getting older. We were going up to the Sunrise Resort to ski and just wanted to stay for a couple of nights. The rooms were adequate for what we wanted. The best part was the service. We left an iphone in the room and they were very nice about sending it to us promptly. Also, the kids liked the waffle breakfasts! I recommend this for those looking for a deal up in Pinetop, AZ.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Norwood, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We only stayed one night here, but found it very satisfactory. The hostess was very pleasant and the room was spotless. We enjoyed the little decorative touches that made it more homey than most hotel rooms. Breakfast was fine. Although located on the main highway, it was set back from the road and surrounded by shady pine trees. The mini-golf and picnic area could use a bit of sprucing up, but it didn't detract from the overall experience. Wish we'd known about the lake nearby.We would recommend this place to anyone, especially travelers with kids who need to run around a while outside.

Room Tip: We chose the second floor, as they were quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brownsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

When we go to a hotel, we're looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep, not an 'experience'. While this place may be a little outdated, that's irrelevant to us. It's clean, quiet and conveniently located along the main road through Pinetop. The owners are very friendly and offer a good free breakfast for such a small place. And you CANNOT beat the price and still get the quality you get here. It's also very close to a beautiful small lake with a paved walking trail that we went to several times. If we visit this area in the future, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset Village, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Room was big & had everything we needed with easy access to vehicle. Value wise it was unbeatable. People were pleasant. Dont expect too much from the breakfast which was basically cereal or small cinamon buns or a piece of toast.
Good location & so close to the Red Devil Pizzeria restaurant!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
avondale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Nice and clean place near, stores, and places to rent ski equiptment and purchase ski tickets. Putting green obstacle course in front of hotel. Refer and micro in room along with coffee maker. Friendly service. 30 minutes from Sunrise Ski Resort. Walking distance to woodland lake, great place to walk around lake. Great place to stay for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Snowflake, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I got started a little late for a NYE hotel in the Pinetop-Lakeside area, and was finding the mountain pretty well booked up. Because I wanted to stay within walking distance of a bar as to avoid any run-ins with the law, we only had a few options to choose from. Having stayed at the super 8 on a previous occasion (what a freakin dump that is) I knew I didn't want to stay there. There is Mountain Haven Inn (awesome - see other review) but they were requiring a 2 night minimum. there were a few other locations that I have never been to, but I settled on The Executive. It is a pretty nice place considering what my assumptions were.

The beds were ok, but the room was clean. Decorated in a woodsy style, and rooms are decent sized. For $60 this is place is alright. If we can't get Mountain Haven Inn next time, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 2
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Executive Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!