“Fine time in the Pines” 5 of 5 stars

5829 Buck Springs Rd, Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ 85935   |
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fine time in the Pines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a lovely surprise! We stayed in a ground floor newly remodeled studio #139 and it was good for the two of us. Had a problem with the noise of the heating unit but everything else was perfect. Loved our unit and the big picture windows, full kitchen, great bathroom, king size bath,nice tv. Also the property has a indoor heated pool, hottub, racketball, pingpong, outdoor playground, 1$ dvd rentals, books, Saturday breakfast. But best of all are the wonderful staff!! Good parking, Could not ask for a better stay in the pines. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Do not overpack, they provide everthing, irons, kitchenware,ect. plenty of good stores in town. All...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We choice roundhouse resort thru our timeshare rental options (trading places). We got a smoking deal for a 2 bedroom/2 bath for a week at prime time of the season. Our family heads up every year for our yearly ski trip. We picked the perfect time again.....the snow was excellent for our young son and there was plenty of it around the resort for him to have lots of fun! We didn't get a complete picture of what the 2 bedroom units actually looked like off the website, so i rely on sites like trip advisor for my updated information. They had a few pics, but nothing that won my heart. I heard alot of different reviews about the units. Most of the pics looked old with old furniture and old fixtures. I seen one that said lodge room and it looked updated so i requested it. They never guarantee any requests, so I just had to wait to find out...but called several times to make sure our request was in the system, and to our suprise, we did get the lodge room #111 inside the atrium. It was a nice room, Not as big as I would of liked. the bedrooms were very small. They were late at check in time, but they made it up to us by offering free movie rentals during the week. The jacuzzi was down the whole time we were there, and they offered a dinner that they had to cancel due to lack of workers available. Overall, I would recommend this resort and would definately stay again. The fireplace in the atrium was my highligh! Wonderful staff. Thanks everyone for making our stay a pleasant one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Thanks to a nicely-priced LivingSocial deal we stayed at the Roundhouse Resort in Boardwalk unit 139 from November 9-11. We weren't sure what to expect given the pictures on their outdated website and the low cost of the room, but we were pleasantly surprised. We had a wonderful time!

The room was nice and clean when we arrived. There was a small kitchen area stocked with plates, bowls, utensils, cookware, mugs, glasses, dishsoap, etc. It was lovely to be able to cook meals there and avoid the extra expense and calories of eating out. We also enjoyed having a DVD player in the room and free wifi.

We didn't have many interactions with the staff, but when we did they were courteous and accommodating.

Our only real complaint is that the bed and pillows did not sleep well. The king bed was much too soft for our taste. The kids didn't have any complaints about the queen pull out.

We're thinking of making this a yearly fall or winter trip. We love the area and would definitely consider staying at the Roundhouse again, especially if we can find another LivingSocial deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I didn't know what to expect from their website www.rhresort.com. But it turned out very well. The 1BR unit was a good size (404sf). It had a full kitchen with pots, plates, and utensils. Everything worked. The area has a lot of trails and lakes. It is located in a small town of Pinetop-Lakeside. The people are friendly.

The resort has an exercise room, raquetball court, basketball court, billiard tables, ping pong table, indoor pool, and hot tub. Minature golf course is also available. Kids play area and BBQ area is located throughout the resort. Gas grills, so no need for charcoal.

Staff was very attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a family, get the 1BR units. They have a full kitchen with Queen size bed...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hamilton Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I booked this property with trepidation. It stated a 'partial' kitchen and I wasn't sure what to expect. I researched on Trip Advisor, as always, but although there were reviews there were no pictures to guide me. But the price, under $400 for the week booked through EVR, was right so I took a chance. At first I was disappointed. First impression of the unit was one big living room /kitchen with a big open space and no coffee table left me feeling cold, not comfy at all. The lighting was either too bright or too dark (I ended up unscrewing 3 light bulbs in the overhead fan lighting and it was perfect) The partial kitchen meant no oven, although there was a microwave and stove top.The bedroom was small and dated, the bedroom rug stained, the queen bed had a dated bedspread. To get to the bathroom you had to go through the bedroom.

Once I got over my initial disappointment I looked at the unit again. It was clean with new tiled floors (except for the carpet with stains which need replacing) and newly painted. The living area had a newer closet and a chest of drawers, comfy lazyboy type chair, and a pull-out couch (so the unit could sleep 4 ) There was free wifi, and a good TV channel selection. The kitchen well equipped with everything needed for a couple to enjoy dinners 'at home' and save $$. Although there was a small dining table and 4 chairs the unit really could benefit from a coffee table, something other than the one end table to set my drink upon and relax at night.

The bedroom was adequate with no closet but a new freestanding wardrobe. The bathroom was clean and the sink area separate from the toilet/tub room.

We were in the lodge which opened to a large communal space where we played cards at night. They are renovating the rooms on the second floor, and there was noise going on during the day(which they did warn us about) but there was so much to do in the area that we weren't often home to be bothered by the noise.

This resort has a lot to offer.... a pool, a hot tub, basketball and racket ball courts, pool tables and a ping pong table and a well equipped work out room. BBQ's are scattered around the resort. There is bocce ball, horseshoes and miniature golf to enjoy. The laundry is small but I didn't ever have to wait to use it. There is a casino close by, and many many hiking trails. The Petrified Forest and Painted Desert are only and an hour and a half away. There are grocery stores in the area for stocking up.

The staff at the resort were always friendly and helpful. And my initial disappointment gave way to enjoyment of the unit and the area. I really did end up having a wonderful vacation at Roundhouse Resort.

This is not the 2 bedroom cabins at PVC at Roundhouse Resort, this is the older resort set behind PVC, the two do use the same entrance.

I wanted to give a good, fair review, something to help others when they research this resort. I have included pictures.. If I'd known what to expect I don't think I would have been disappointed. My experience with EVR resorts in the past have always included a separate kitchen and living area and this one was different with it's large, bright kitchen/living area.

Room Tip: Lodge rooms have wifi, all others must use the atrium to access free wifi.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We actually stayed in the Lodge which is part of the resort. There's a cute playground by the rec room. The rec room has a pool, spa, pool tables, ping pong table, fitness room, racquetball and basketball courts. Outside in front close to the entrance of the resort is a fantastic 18 hole mini golf course. The front desk guys were very nice and helpful! The inside of the lodge is dated but kept very clean. It was very quiet!!! Reminded me of the Shining! haha! I kept waiting for a creepy little boy to ride down the hall on a tricycle! Overall, it was very relaxing and very comfortable!

Room Tip: The rooms in the lodge have a/c and the 1bedroom rooms have a larger kitchen.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Willcox, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week at this resort and it was very nice. The suite was very clean. The only issue we had was that the ice maker in our building went out and we reported it on July 30. I reported it again on July 31 and it was as though no one had ever done a ticket on it for repair. When we checked out August 3, it was still plugged in to power and flooding water out the door.There was STILL no "out of order" sign on it and what a waste on electricity and water!!
We went on our time share points and will hopefully get to go back next summer, however we will ask for a downstairs room.
We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub as well. The living room furniture was very uncomfortable and that is where we had to sit to watch television. If we watched in the bedroom, it was off to the side of the bed. Be mindful that they only furnish bath soap so take your own shampoo etc. Also take your own coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Roundhouse Resort? Share your experiences!