As some others have stated, we were tired of patronizing the cookie cutter chain hotels with the same looks and smells. We checked out the reviews and decided to book our 4 night stay at Timberlodge. We were in Pinetop for a car show and drove our 1946 Ford the 6 hours from our home.
1) wonderful folks who run the place - Dorothy & Tad are friendly, accommodating, helpful, responsive!
2) nice setting in the pines, close to the highway, and our location was very very quiet!
3) large clean room
4) nice big TV
5) we were able to check in an hour early
6) easy to use FREE wifi
1) uncomfortably firm beds and hard pillows (we realize this is subjective)
2) shortage of electrical outlets in room (we realize the motel is older)
3) too-cozy parking when there is a full house
4) very early checkout time - 10 AM
5) NO A/C! Didn't even think to check this out when making reservations. Luckily the nights cooled down and there was a portable fan provided in the room.
We had car trouble and had to take our car to a nearby shop for some work early Monday morning (the day we were to check out). The owners were very accommodating in letting us stay past the checkout time. We were actually out by 10:30, but I'm sure they would have let us push the time forward a little more if we had needed to do so.
Overall, our stay was nice enough. We might come back just because the folks who own the place are so nice. We talked with some other guests who have stayed here a number of times in the past, and they commented that the place was getting "rustic-er" each time they visited. We guess the bad economy is taking a toll on lots of businesses in the area. Many restaurants were closed up and out of business as well. We wish Dorothy and Tad the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TimberLodge's 31 comfortable and spacious units are nestled on an acre of matured pines. This mountain retreat, located in the heart of Pinetop in the White Mountains of Arizona, offers you: A piece of forest quiet for a relaxed getaway, A short walk to numerous antique shops and restaurants, The Apache National Forest and Woodland Lake Park within walking distance, A casino experience at popular Hon-Dah Casino, only three miles away, And a variety of outdoor activities in the White Mountain area: Hunting, Fishing, Mountain Biking, Canoeing, Camping, Golf, Skiing, Hiking ...spend the afternoon at nearby Woodland Lake or just relax and enjoy the spectacular mountain pines scenery from your room or from our 2 (two) pine shaded picnic areas. The lodge courtyard is spacious, quiet and nestled on a large pine covered area. In summertime use this space to relax and enjoy the cool breezes that whistle through our pine shaded picnic areas. In winter enjoy the snow away from the slopes. The White Mountains offer an incredible variety of summer and winter sports and activities. The TimberLodge is centrally located for quick and easy access to all. Only 1 hour from of Arizona's most famous attractions, including the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest, and minutes from Sunrise Ski Resort, Golf, Fishing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Camping and Horseback Riding. TimberLodge can be your home base for day trips during the summer and winter months. Check out the activities page to learn about White Mountain activities, which includes links to other important web sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your TimberLodge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.