“Fun few days!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
Rainbow Lake Resort
Save Saved
You added Rainbow Lake Resort to your Saves list
2677 Trout Rd., Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ (Formerly Rainbow's End Resort)   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
Mesa, AZ
“Fun few days!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

All reviewers are right; the staff is friendly and accommodating. My husband and I stayed for two days during the week. Fishing was less than expected but the lake is low and yes, there are a lot of weeds. Room (Willow) was nice; clean and kitchen was workable and faces the lake...TV was adequate. We will return; the view and the hospitality cannot be beat...however don't expect to fish offshore or docks for best experience; bring your kayak or rent theirs. Thanks Chuck for the friendly experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing lake are recommended.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our first visit to Rainbow Lake Resort. PROS: The room was really clean, the bed was comfortable and amenities were even more than expected. We loved the fact that they supply gas grills, so we didn't have to haul ours along. We had an issue with our TV, as soon as we checked in, but it was replaced right away. The grounds are well kept and the owner, Chuck, was really nice. You can tell that he's working very hard to improve this property. Wi-Fi works well (I was worried about this, as I had to get some work done, while I was on my trip). CONS: You're not allowed to have your dog tied up in the grassy area, while you play, but the owner's dog and several stray dogs are constantly roaming around without limits and they poop everywhere. We rented a boat (4 hour minimum) and encountered a thunder storm 2 hours in. The owner would not allow us to wait for the storm to finish and extend our time, so we paid for 2 hours that we could not use. The boat was also extremely slow and spuratic (VERY old motor) and kept getting stuck because the lake is completely filled with weeds. Fishing bait is overpriced and worms are not fresh. My recommendation: Definitely stay here because the place is great and staff is friendly, but have a plan B for fishing and other water recreation.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a screen door. Otherwise, you can't keep your door open for fresh air, or...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chuck E, Owner at Rainbow Lake Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thanks for staying w/ us. We are trying very hard to exceed your expectations. The stray dogs have been taken care of. I have truly only brought my dog to the resort twice since we've taken over because of the rule of no dogs on the grass for health reasons. (Point well taken though.) She was already walked prior to showing up. Future guests will now know why we are this way about dogs on the grass.
Thunder storms pass w/ in a very short period since we have not had a very good monsoon this season. Any guest can back up there reservation for looming thunderstorms. We don't have the timelines set like the previous owners. Please, if you don't like the looks of the weather, just put it off for a little bit and the weather will change. Thanks again for your stay. Chuck
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

If you want a quiet and clean getaway that will not beak the bank try this out. I have been here a few times and it is very comfortable and quiet. It has a nice family mood and the owners are very nice. I like the fact you can fish and BBQ right close to your room. If you want you can rent a boat and go on the lake.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Apache Junction, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I and our two dogs went to Pinetop-Lakeside for our anniversary. We loved the area didn't want to leave so we decided to spend an extra day. Our hotel we where at didn't have a room available so, a local there recommended we try here and we where very impressed. We wished we would have spent the whole vacation there! The room was cozy and clean and well stocked with anything that we needed. Our dogs really loved the front porch along with us. The management was friendly and really made you feel at home. Gotta love the lake right there and their park area with lots of things to do . I would highly recommend staying here!

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Just returned from the holiday July 4th weekend at Rainbows End Resort. We stayed in the Aspen, which had a great lake view. Chuck, the owner, was extremely helpful and always around to answer questions or do anything that was needed. It's very obvious that he is really working to improve this little resort and that he loves what he is doing. Thursday night there was a live band that was totally entertaining and fun to listen too. Other guests were friendly and everyone was respectful of each other.

Kitchen could have used a few more dishes, glasses, utensils, but wasn't a huge issue. Bed was comfy and there were nice linens and towels for the bath. Some rooms had a security door on the room and we wish we had one so we could have left the door open all night long for the great fresh air. All small issues that I am sure Chuck will get to eventually.

We will certainly be back in the future!

Room Tip: Don't think there would be a bad room in the bunch
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

For my husband's birthday I decided to take him back to this resort...we had a great visit last year but this year the property had been much improved due to new ownershp...the 2 rooms were immaculate, the bed was comfortable and offered an amazing view of the lake both from the bedroom window and the front outside sitting area which had 2 comfortable chairs...the kitchenette had a very small mini refrig which made it challenging for our one week stay.but it did have a nice microwave, coffee pot and all the convenience of home...wished we could have stayed longer...will definitely return and thank you Chuck for the helpful hints on fishing spots and local attractions..

Room Tip: I would recommend the Pinion 1 if you want a separate bedroom with a beautiful view of Rainbow Lake...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed for two weeks at this resort and enjoyed every moment! The staff remembered my name from first introducing myself. The studio was extremely clean and I enjoyed the "fireplace". This lodge is on Rainbow Lake. My first recommendation to anyone visiting the White Mountains would be this resort!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Rainbow Lake Resort? Share your experiences!