My family and I travel up to this area a couple times of the year and didn't stay here before. My husband and I went this past weekend and gave it a shot. The cabin we got (#5) was cozy and perfect for just the two of us. It was great to get the reservation the night before we arrived. The lady who showed us our cabin was very friendly and told us if we needed anything to let her know. It had a full kitchen, full bath, queen bed and fireplace. Was provided more than enough firewood. It is right off the main road but was still quiet. We would definitely stay there again.
The only cons we had were:
- the entrance was difficult to see because of the snow piled up high on the side of the road
- no hot water in the morning but, it was 14 degrees out and the groundskeeper was on top of getting it going
- no Wi-Fi (wasn't too bothered by this, but can be helpful/useful for some)
These cabins are by no means 5 star but they obviously take great care of each and every cabin for you to enjoy and this was what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pinetop Arizona is the setting for Whispering Pines Resort featuring studio, 1, 2, or 3 bedroom cabins. All cabins are furnished, carpeted, and stocked with firewood - some units even have spa tubs! Whispering Pines Resort cabins are located on 13 acres, heavily treed with Pines and Oaks. The cabins are nestled amongst the Pines with the resort adjoining National Forest Service Land and the Woodland Lake Trail System. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Pines Hotel Pinetop