“Not the Cioldstream Lodge Bed and Breakfast!” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
The Coldstream Bed and Breakfast
You added The Coldstream Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ 85935   |
London, England
“Not the Cioldstream Lodge Bed and Breakfast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

I was just about to write a complimentary report on the Coldstream Lodge Bed and Breakfast in Edinburgh, Scotland when I stumbled on this. I hope no one mistakes the two. The Edinburgh one is absolutely first rate!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

1- For starters, and the most disgusting-but 2 is a close contender, my USED lingerie bottoms, and other unpacked lingerie, disappeared from our LOCKED room...when we were the ONLY guests. Nothing like that to spice up a Honeymoon, right? Creeeeeepy, to say the very, very least.
And don't try to tell me this isn't family-friendly. What Happened is not family-friendly. Reporting it is Decent , to say the least, for prospective customers. Do you want to take your family somewhere that this happened?
2- Breakfast tasted like vomit. It was a lemon quiche, but it did NOT taste like anything pre-regurgitated. In fact, nothing was traditional for the breakfast except for orange juice. We respectfully declined the ordeal of trying to choke down another breakfast there again and ate out. I may be stupid to have eaten as much as I did, but I'm certainly not stupid enough to do it twice.
3- VCR was broken, you read that right, Videocassette Recorder, in the age of Digital Video Disc players. Videocassette 'Library' was really, really pathetic, too....not that it mattered since we would have had to purchase our own VCR to watch any of them.
4- When the issue of the missing lingerie was brought up with the owner, she advised that the house is supposedly HAUNTED by a young boy who hung himself from the banister. I(Is this for real??) Someone with the ability and means to physically remove tangible items obviously went into our locked room, picked through our clothing on the floor and in luggage, and took only the women's lingerie, but most disgustingly, 3 pairs of used underwear. Note: the owners have a teenage son. No accusations, but it's either him or the adults based on natural deductions of people who had access to room keys during our stay. Gross no matter which route was traveled. Not to mention that you're telling a honeymoon couple they're staying in a place where a kid committed suicide. Great idea to improve that uncomfortable vibe we had when the lingerie went AWOL.
5- Just so you know, I am not one to complain. I love Motel 6's to give you a better idea. But even after issues were addressed with the owner, Debi, nothing was offered to help ease our minds, solve our legitimate concerns, or even offer a small discount from the $150.00+ a night stay. Nope, just a receipt to stare at and realize how much hard-earned money we just spent on our "romantic Honeymoon nestled in the ponderosa pines".
Our saving grace is that both my husband and I have a sense of humor and can laugh at the horrific memory - and know it only gets better from something like this!
If someone reading this still has the gall to ask if I would stay here again, the very firm answer is NEVER. Not when hell freezes over, not when pigs fly, not when Keanu Reeves becomes a good actor. NEVER. We, fortunately, will not be revisiting our 'First Honeymoon' in 10, 20, 50, or 100 years. And thank goodness!
P.S. Newlyweds, you've been warned!!!

• Stayed December 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2003

It was a nice place, but the hostess was not very friendly at all.

Been to The Coldstream Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!