“Perfect Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Perfect Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

What a wonderful change of pace from the normal hotel/motel, or even bed and breakfast experience. I cannot begin to describe how beautiful this getaway is, or how amazing the views are, or how friendly and accommodating the Owners are at Northwoods. I rather enjoyed taking care of my family on our vacation in this quaint retreat. I would do it again in a heartbeat! The cabins are lovely, and the atmosphere is one to make you feel at home. Walking every morning and evening in the woods surrounding the Resort can only be described as mesmerizing! Take a chance on an adventure of a lifetime!!!!

Room Tip: The Chalets have amazing views and the hot tubs are a great addition!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
PHOENIX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Northwoods Resort is a wonderful place to stay. We have stayed in cottage # 3 for the past 3 years. All of the cottages are great inside and out. The pet policy is great as well. I would highly recommend Northwoods Resort for a white mountain getaway!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I was amazed at all the four star ratings for this hotel. The setting is pleasant, albeit right on the highway so you hear the noise. However, the cabin interiors are shabby and the bathroom was positively tiny. The toilet is directly in front of the bathtub so you have about two square feet to step in and out. I feel like I am being generous giving it three stars. The owners are indeed pleasant, but the interaction was minimal, so that didn't carry the day for me.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I do so much Travel in my job, when I return to my Family they are ready for a Break from there routine! It was such a great experience from My first contact with NORTHWOODS RESORT, all I can say is I felt at Home with all my greetings, when I finally did arrived My family and I all felt truely relaxed. The cabins are carefully and tastefully furnished, great CABINS for any occassion Mine was QUALITY FAMILY TIME.

• Liked — Very well maintaned and Our Hosts were REAL
  • Disliked — As usual our time was to short and now the EXCITEMENT OF RETURNING. IT'S THE JOURNEY NOT THE GOAL
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

I spent 3 nights in a one bedroom cabin that had a kitchen and a wood buring fireplace. I loved the smell of the wood burning and it was nice and cozy warm all night, even though the temps dropped to 35 degrees.

This cabin was off the highway and I couldn't hear any traffic which was very important to me. A market and great places to eat were very close by. It was immacuately clean and the owners were just delightful.

I look forward to visiting from California again soon.

• Liked — Quiet!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

We stay at Northwoods at least once every summer. The cabins are close enought to Woodland lake to walk if you want, the cabins are very nice and the owners are wonderful!

We love it there!

• Stayed July 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2003

We stay at Northwoods twice a year and love it. The cabins are clean and well equiped, the owners are great people. The grounds are quiet and well maintained. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Pinetop!

Been to Northwoods Resort? Share your experiences!