“Wonderful place for 'home base' while enjoying White Mountains” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop

Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop
You added Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop to your Saves list
Box 3250 Or Az 73 At Az 260, Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ 85935   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
“Wonderful place for 'home base' while enjoying White Mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have stayed at Hon-Dah several times and have always had a positive experience. Website is informative for scheduled events (bikers rally vs no event scheduled would make a big difference if one is looking for a quiet retreat!). Inexpensive concerts often scheduled as well as free live entertainment in Timbers Lounge. Restaurant has good menu selection and average prices. Buffet also available at each meal. Great having mini fridge and microwave in room, as well as large room. Take the time to drive to Hawley Lake (about 45 minute drive) or Sunrise Park. Plenty of outdoor beauty available to enjoy! Friendly and helpful staff!
Other reviews are helpful and accurate.

Room Tip: Top floor in building away from conference center is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Really pleased with their lunch buffet (best Virginia Reel Ham ever!) and service. Nice assortment of items and desserts were fresh and proportionate. Hats off to a job and lunch well-done. Worth the day trip just for the food!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had to come to Pinetop for a wedding. Having never been in the area before, we weren't sure where to stay. We chose Hon-Dah because it had a casino and a pool, so we would have activities for before and after the wedding.

I was pleasantly surprised with the facility as some of the reviews for here weren't so positive. The room was dated, but very large, clean and comfortable. The hotel even let us check in early so we would have time to change for the ceremony.

The casino was cramped and full of cigarette smoke, but we had fun and enjoyed the buffet breakfast the next morning. The waiter was delightful. Also, the casino had lots of security, so we felt safe.

I felt we got a good value for what we received.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room away from the casino. It was very quiet there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
big bear ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

took a roadtrip,planned to stay at casino's....pleasantly surprised,room was very spacious.....microwave,fridge,coffee maker....I felt very safe....casino play was average and the restaurant was good.....would stay again

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Reading the reviews made me a bit apprehensive about staying here, but decided to stay anyway after walking around the hotel before I booked. Honestly it was my first time here and I really don't understand the negative reviews. My room as extremely clean, and plenty of amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable and the TV was even a flat screen. I was wondering if I had read the reviews for another hotel by accident because none of them really seem to describe my stay. The staff even joked with us as we were booking our room and extremely friendly. My only complaint is the Wi-Fi because it didn't work very well in our room..but honestly didn't need it. The pool was beautiful and well kept. I honestly did not want to leave even though the drive from Cottonwood was breathtaking. This is definitely a place I will make a regular vacation spot. Truly a really nice experience and I have nothing but good things to say about my stay regardless of the other reviews. Don't let them fool you, because I was certainly fooled.

• Stayed August 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We decided to stay at the casino on a recent trip through Pinetop. The staff was very helpful and gave us a nice quiet room. The room was very large and clean with no smoke smell. The casino was a disappointment. Only one blackjack table and a lot of smoking in the casino. We decided to forego any card playing. The restaurant buffet was absolutely terrible. Although voted number one buffet in Pinetop area the last few years, we don't understand why. When asked, the "meat carver" did not know if he had beef or pork. The fried chicken was terrible, fish was doughy and the enchilada casserole was not edible. The best thing was the salad and you had limited choices as to the condiments you could add. Bad experience all around. We will stay at the Best Western again next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I Agree with Johnbar2323. I went to the Hondah Bar and seen the Exact Players club employee (a young light skinned women) there drinking. she was definatly intoxicated and yet she Sign me up for a "players club" card and a few hrs prior to this. obviously the management stinks and fail to set rules for employees.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop? Share your experiences!