“Not A Great Casino For Non-Smokers” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop

Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pinetop-Lakeside
Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop
You added Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop to your Saves list
Box 3250 Or Az 73 At Az 260, Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ 85935   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Pinetop-Lakeside
Tucson, Arizona
“Not A Great Casino For Non-Smokers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Han-Dah Casino does not appear to desire to cater to non-smoking gamblers. The casino used to have a small non-smoking slot area , but it had disappeared on my last visit in November, 2012. I was told that the non-smoking area had been removed "about 6 months ago".
This casino has low ceilings and appears to have a ventillation system that removes little , if any, of the ambient smoke.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Holbrook, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

hi yall i hope you all read this befor going to this casino i have been going to this casino for 15 years i have only won a jack pot one time and that was in january what a shame my wife and i go all the time 3 and 4 times a week and we end up lossing hundreds of dollers wen we go so do the math i ive in holbrook az and i drive over their just to loss at least 1.ooo.00 to 2.500.00 a week we tell the employees how their machines are to tight and all they can say is thats how it goes they dont know me by name after all i loss alot of money their they dont great you or wish u luck all they want is wat u bring in so if u come in dont count on taking anythang out but your empty pockets i have called the gaming board on them their service sucks their games suck their employees have bad aditudes and they dont greet anyone they walk around like we owe them i rather go to camp verdie or gallup new mexico or payson az i do better at those casinos so take my words and stop donating to their sorry casino couse the other reveiws are true they are rude and their service sucks and they dont care weather u have a good time or not so honda casino i told you i was gona put out their wat you have doing so their you go after 15 years this is how we end our relation ship im done helppin you pay your bills ill take my money esle were

Room Tip: all rooms may be ok but dont ask for a pillow and if u get a room you will not get any rest couse th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SUN CITY WEST, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We've always had a great experience at this hotel; however, the casino is a bit smoky and the machines are very stingy. Mostly we have dry camped nearby & came here for recreation/fun, but a couple of times stayed at the hotel when we got a free night...not anymore of those or free gas. The food is always great and we do get the prime rib. We found our room a chair short, got one within 15 minutes; lightbulb out, got one in 15 minutes..even installed. We had booked at a dump of a motel down the street for the same amount of money, barely got Hotels.one or Expedia to cancel without a fight...came here on a Sunday and very pleased with the price. It is no place for children, I agree. But the rooms are very spacious with fridge/microwave, bar sink, etc....all casinos are smoky..we're in a non smoking room and it does not stink. Judy G

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hi all, 2 weekends ago I met up w/a couple of friends to throw away some pennies in the White Mountains. We booked a room @ the Hon-Dah Hotel, double queen, that ended up costing only $118.00 w/all taxes after an AARP Discount. We wanted to stay @ the Casino Hotel because we like to nap in the evening hours then get up & play in the casino in the wee hours of the night-morning when all the crowds are gone. I was a little anxious about the hotel after reading all the negative reviews posted here about it, so I was pleasantly surprized that we had a totally wonderful experience.
The room was large for a Double Queen, no slithering between the beds & walls in tight spaces. And it was super clean without any odors. Nice long food prep counter, at least 8 feet, w/microwave, coffee maker & mini fridge underneath, not a teeny weeny cramped area. Beds totally comfy, Room w/view of Parking Lot where you can park your vehicle to check on "safety of it" as desired. (Not to say this is an unsafe area, VERY safe w/no hoodlums hanging out, a lovely small tourist town).
The check in lady @ the hotel, I believe her name was Ruby, was very pleasant, helpful & friendly. As well as being attractive & professional.
The casino was GREAT if you are into the Penny Machines as we are. It had been a few years since I took a day trip here, and was delighted to find hundreds of penny slots, many with only 15-20 lines, which make it easy/affordable to double triple your bets. I don't think I saw one of those 2 or 3 cent Robbery Slots I call them.
We played & played for many hours, Nobody "hit it big" but 2 of 3 of us came out a little ahead, which, personally I call "winning"! As long as I can play for many hours, and not run out of my Gambling Cash in the first 4 hours, I am a Happy Camper, as I go to the Casinos to "not think", to just have some fun & be happy if I hit a bonus now & then where I get to watch "the cartoons". I have a very demanding career where I have to think all the time, so this how I unwind every couple of months, with a trip to a casino.
I don't play the Video Poker Slots, Too much "thinking", what to hold, toss, etc, even tho I know that statistically, the odds are better of wins on those vs. my beloved Idiot No Think Slots.
I NEVER leave unhappy that I didn't "WIN" and only bring the cash that I am willing and able to "throw away".

The only "negative feedback" I have to leave are these opinions:
1. Not enough availability of "Soda ladies" making the rounds; I had to go fetch my own free coffee/soda's more than I wished.
2. Not enough Slot Machines areas cleaning up of the old cups & dirty ashtrays.
3. Restaurant food, as I recalled from my trip there 3 years ago, remains pretty awful. The Prime Rib looked like it had been dipped in Fluorescent Red Dye #2 to make it appear more rare than it actually was. The other food ordered was mediocre, at best. They really need to get a new & better Head Chef. We only ate there because it was convenient & we were too tired to drive more that eve after the 5 hour trip getting there.

By the way; We went to The Chalet @ 11am the next Day, Saturday, to try it, but it was closed until Dinner hours, so ended up eating @ a place w/a Japenese name (Sakura?) that was actually a CHINESE food buffey. I was "alright" but not great, especially if you are mindset for Japenese, not Chinese!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level, we were put in a 2nd floor room far from the elevator. I didn't complain...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sun City West, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We checked in at 3:30, were the only ones in the office at the time and had to ask if anyone would help us.There were two women talking to each other and seemed insulted that we would interupt them. They assigned us to a space that had someone already in it. We returned to the office and they said "just go pick one". We have a 40' diesel pusher with a tow car. The roads(?) were too narrow for even the tow car alone. They finaly asigned us one and directed us in the wrong direction. (utilities on the wrong side). If this is a "resort" we have stayed in some "extreme resorts" for half the price. At $12.00 a night it would be a rip-off. At $29.00 it was a joke. The only thing worse was the food at the buffett.
Next time, " Wal-Mart" parking lot

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you are looking for a good place to sleep this is a good choice. Friendly and helpful front desk clerks....Large room that was very clean.... A bit pricey but worth it if you need a good nights sleep.. As far as the casino, it is a very average experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Overpriced rooms ($100+), overrun with unattended minor children (all hours), in desperate need of maintenance. The once lovely lobby is laden with cobwebs and funiture in need of repair. Don't even think about using the pool, nasty........ We were disappointed in the lack of service as well as another review stated. Not one bartender offered a 'please' or 'thank you' or pleasantry of any type. The restarant is the same as far as lack of service. We went out for pizza instead. The casino is really smokey, smelly, and old. The staff in the casino seemed just as unfriendly as the bar and restaurant, not a real 'thank you for your patronage' atmosphere. The parking lot is overrun with 'teenagers' milling about, people actually left their kids in the car while gambling inside. It was creepy and we worried about our vehicle in the lot during the night. So sad that this property has been let go, it was once a great place to stay whether it was ski season or summer vacation. Now our advice is, just keep driving............

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hon-Dah Resort Pinetop? Share your experiences!