“OMG this is not a good food experience” 1 of 5 stars

Rt. 6, North Eastham, MA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
USA
“OMG this is not a good food experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to dinner and we wondered why 2 people left their dinners and drinks behind, but paid and left. Then we had the bartender continuously wipe his sweat off and handle everyone's food and drinks. The food was very so-so New England mex. I see no reason to return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Guilford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice change from fried seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went Fourth of July weekend. We happened to pass it on Rt. 6 in Eastham and gave it a try. We never noticed it before--'I think it's pretty new. I really liked the complementary salsa and chips. The salsa has just the right amount of heat for my taste--waitress said they make it there.
We had spicy wing appetizer which was shared and my burrito was so large I had half for lunch the next day. Sandy was our server--exceptional!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nyc
“Just ok, for now. Temporary menu according to chef.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited to see a New Mexican restaurant on the outer cape. Please note, the place just opened so I believe the menu is temporary. That said, we ordered the most basic items, tacos and a burrito. 3 chicken tacos came with rice-bland-and delish beans. The chicken was unfortunately dry and bland and the lettuce and cilantro were wilted. I don't expect that in a new restaurant. It needed cotija and maybe some pickled red onions, just a thought. Burrito was nothing special, dry chicken as well. Beef empanadas were just ok as well. Staff was nice, albeit most a bit green to the service industry. We'll try it again in a fe months.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
North Eastham, Massachusetts
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We are back on the Cape in Eastham for the summer so headed right over to the new Oaxaca restaurant to give it a try. I have been to the area this restaurant was named after in Mexico so I was very interested in this place. It could use a little more Mexican decor but the food was good. My son had the Fish Taco and said the fish was very good. I had the Nachos which when I try to order them any where in Mexico I receive a puzzled look from the wait staff. Then I describe it and they go make it. These nachos were nicely done. A huge serving which we all shared. My husband ordered the chicken casadia which came with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. We shared an appetizer of little pork ribs which were outstanding. They came with blue cheese dressing and were meaty and delicious. Don't miss them. Having spent considerable time in Mexico I miss the bowls of Cilantro and all of the sauces on the table you always find there. This is good Americanized Mexican food but I would not call it "real" Mexican food. There was a bit of a wait to be seated and a longer wait to be served as service is a little slow but they are just getting their routine down. They desperately need a better way to call people to their table. A very hard-working resourceful young person was doing her best to locate the strangers who were next on her list. She was bussing tables, greeting guests, seating guests and running around like the energizer bunny. A few more employees seem in order. We will definitely go back again and are hoping they are successful in this location in Eastham. It is a great location right on Rt. 6 and they can accommodate busses. We all agreed that it is a bit pricy for Mexican food but it is located in the middle of a tourist town in a vacation paradise.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“New mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I hope this place makes it in this jinxed location where it seems there is a new attempt every 2 years. They recently opened and have a limited menu to start according to our waitress. Decor has been given a slightly Mexican look but the layout is basically unchanged from Cuccina Mia and Seadog and the others: several seating areas at tables, booths and bar. We were served hot chips and fresh salsa right away while we ordered 2 Dos Equis and Mole Chicken legs for me and Halibut Tacos for Sandy. They came with refried beans and rice. The food was good, the prices reasonabe and the service excellent. Quieter than Guapos in Orleans. We'll definitely be back

• 4 of 5 stars Food