“Good value, nice room, far from sights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek

Save Saved
You added Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek to your Saves list
Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Brabham & Peter Brock Drive, Eastern Creek, Blacktown, New South Wales 2766, Australia (Formerly Chifley Eastern Creek)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Eastern Creek
Singapore, Singapore
“Good value, nice room, far from sights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

The room was nicely furnished and well laid-out. We did not try the restaurant. The Internet worked and the kitchenette was fully equipped though the minibar prices were typically high.

The downside was the lack of personality and information at the front desk. The one who checked us in was very nice but seemed very new too and not well informed on options and store/restaurant hours in nearby Blacktown. Throughout our stay we were unable to get good information from the staff about transportation options, New Years events, etc. Even a simple map with the best directions for driving to Blacktown and into Sydney would have been appreciated.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ESTManager, General Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear flamex,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review about Chifley Eastern Creek. I am delighted to hear that the rooms left a good impression.

In regards to the issue with information from our receptionists, we will be ensuring that all our reeption staff are well trained and equipped to provide information on the local area and attractions. We certainly welcome feedback like this to ensure that we are able to provide the best service for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Got last minute booking and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Modern, spacious reception; great rooms with comfy beds and completely quiet. Dinner in the pub/restaurant was very good and breakfast was excellent too. Hotel car park and walk across the road to the car race circuit. Great spot

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the tiem to write a review about your stay at Chifley Eastern Creek.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind Regards
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had a two day conference here only last week, over the two days spent there our meals, snacks and service was of high standard,
Lunch each day was great, pizza pasta was fabulous. Morning and afternoon tea was of high standard and taste.
COnference room very neat and tidy, water, lollies and stationary looked great. Very happy.
The only thing i would suggest is a more secure carpark, we left late on one of the nights, race goers in the carpark. racing car trailers everywhere in the carpark, Seemed very unsafe walking out by yourself

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Blueys Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Being a regular traveller, I realise that accidents and slip-ups can occur. As a result, I acknowledge that in most respects, my stay at Chifley Eastern Creek was fantastic
- good modern rooms
- furnishings in good conditions
- good facilities
- good parking

The one bad aspect was the cleanliness. There were a few dirty spots that really need addressing. However, admittedly, it may have just been a housekeeper with a bad day. The dirty spots in the bathroom were pretty distasteful, but I will certainly give the hotel another go and hope that housekeeping have their house in order next time!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Hi CaptainFeatherswood76,

Thanks for the feedback, apologies for the delay in responding. We always try to achieve a high level of standard at the hotel, to see that we have let you down with our cleaning is dissapointing. Apologies for this.
Your feedback is important as it helps us to guage our business and make improvements where required.
Hope to see you here soon again sometime in the near future.
Tony Tantaro
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

This place was actually not too bad. It was a really beautiful room. We stayed in the trackside suite. It was modern, the rooms were decent in size, the kitchen area was clean, it had a decent mini bar, there was a nice clean bathroom and the staff member I dealt with was VERY helpful. It was mentioned there was no secure parking. I agree with that, but the place was so deserted that I didn't really worry too much. It seemed like a safe place

Pros:
Nice room
Modern furniture
Helpful staff
Free parking

Cons:
- The restaurant was not opened (they did not advertise that it was a public holiday)
- There was a surcharge on room service because they moved boxing day from the saturday to monday.
- The fold out bed was not made, I had to do it myself (the woman did offer to help though)
- My friends slept in the fold out bed, they said it was so uncomfortable that they ended up taking it off the bed and sleeping on the floor with just the foam mattress. They said it was one of the worst sleeps of their life. Our bed was fine, but I did lay on the sofa bed, and it was a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE bed, it was all wavy, hard and .... horrible
- They took a $100 security bond off me, and when I asked if it had been returned they said yes, only to find it hadnt been taken off my card. I then called them 2 times interstate, only to be hung up on. I eventually emailed the women, she tried to call me and I missed the call, she did not try to call me again, even though I asked her to. Eventually I called and they got me the money back
- It is kind of in the middle of no where
- The trackside views consisted of looking at a big wall that surrounded the race track, hardly a trackside view.

Eliminate all of these things, and it was actually a really nice place. My friends probably would not have rated it so favorably, however my bed was really quite ok, I didnt really need the resturant. I was only really annoyed at the $100 bond dilema!

• Stayed December 2009
KCarville, General Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We were delighted to hear that the majority of your stay was enjoyable and I will be sure to pass the lovely feedback to the team.

The issues raised are currently being investigated and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the outcome with you personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

The Motel has no security car parking you park in an open lot without a fence around itfull acess to public no problems,but does have a boom gate!
Room clean bed really really bad very stiff woke many times during night due to being uncomfortable in bed both of us woke with really sore backs.
Pull out bed well worn so worn that you had no problem feeling the surport bars underneath the worn mattress both children didn't sleep and had very sore backs as well very poor.
For a family frendiley motel room service was not available till 6pm so if children 1 to 6/7 years old no dinner till 6.45
Menu in room does not show childrens meals only adults have to ring room service to find out who didn't really know.earliest,had to go down the road to a service station for crapy pies,sad!
You have to walk distances through out the motel and carpark.
Not very good value at all.

• Liked — convenanet to where we had to be
  • Disliked — parking,room service hours,beds and lack of view.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek? Share your experiences!