“Unpleasant experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek

You added Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek to your Saves list
Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Brabham & Peter Brock Drive, Eastern Creek, Blacktown, New South Wales 2766, Australia (Formerly Chifley Eastern Creek)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastern Creek
Lightning Ridge, Australia
“Unpleasant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Not happy to have this treatment in a four and half star hotel.First the room had and old style Tv the type people thow away,did'nt work.Was replaced with flat screen only to have it retuned the next day?picture was horrible.The only way to have Flat screen was to change rooms,Ok, well now the toilet does not work ,not good.It was fixed.I left my phone charger in the first room ,the receptionist said I needed to wait till morning and in the morning I was informed that they would send it by mail ,three weeks later no charger I also was imformed that I was to pay freight .now waiting for another one ,see what happens.Look there is more but anyway Dissapointed,I have had better service in pubs.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ESTManager, Manager at Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Fredrick

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. I do apoligise for the toilet no working. I believe the staff were able to fix this for you straight away.

In regards to your package. The package was sent from the hotel. I believe it may be lost with Australia Post. I arranged a new charged to be sent to you straight away which you have already received.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sunrise Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Chifley Eastern Creek Hotel on 19 & 20 June 2013. I found the hotel to be extremely comfortable....the staff courteous, polite and efficient. Rooms very well appointed and quiet. I stayed in Room 238 which was a Queen sized room with adequate space. Modern decore.
Breakfast was included in the package which was above standard. I attended a police reunion which is now becoming an annual event....so I will be back.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on Eastern Creek Raceway so ask for a quiet room......but I think all rooms are dou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hi ......

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff

Figtree, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Not too cheap but a good place to wind down for a night or 2, close to Westfield Parramatta, Parramatta stadium and Homebush: 10 mins drive max.

Eastern Ck race way is adjacent to the Hotel (can get noisy with the cars going around lap after lap but they stop by 9-10pm.

Hotel is nice and clean, good pool, nice restaurant (beers expensive outside happy hour, and the menu is a tad pricey).

Free parking and the helpful staff are a bonus.

Room Tip: Fold out sofa bed was very uncomfortable as stated by my 13 yr old....2 teens would strugle on it if...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Afrim

Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Regarding customer service: When I got the hotel the receptionist was cool and not very welcoming. The staff you see around the hotel mostly ignore you.

From check-in to the next morning's breakfast I think I encountered at least 4 staff who didn't look up and acknowledge you. When I sat down to eat breakfast, I was surprised to hear one of the staff members exclaim "Hi, how are you?!" and thought OK, they do care about their guests. I looked up and saw that she was addressing another staff member.

My friends and family also commented about the lack of cheery customer service. A smile doesn't cost anything. By the way, the buffet breakfast was well stocked and tasty.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The rooms are well insulated for sound and the room's temperature control was quick and quiet. The bed isn't too soft or too firm and the furniture is sturdy and well made. The housekeepers do a great job. The hotel also accommodated our baby with a portable cot which we requested at booking and it was much appreciated.

The free wifi in the lobby area is easy to log into and very fast. The lobby itself is spacious, comfortable and well maintained.

The pool and gym area is clean and has the right amount of gear for maintaining both cardio and weight lifting while travelling. There's also a water cooler and iPod speaker there which I thought was pretty good. The pool isn't heated and so we couldn't swim with our baby but was great for adults.

The laundry services are adequate and easy to use.

I didn't see anything to keep young kids entertained other than the pool.

The tavern downstairs is really good. Great food and warm atmosphere. Plenty of TV's and the bartenders were very friendly.

Location is a bit of a let down as it is pretty far from the main centres in my opinion, so you'll need to fork out more money to get anywhere. The tavern downstairs brought my rating of the location from 2 to 3 out of 5.

So location and service were the only things that marred the customer experience. Everything else was spot on. For the price of the rooms at Chifley Eastern Creek, the next time I visit the area I'm going to check out the Novotel which is next to the RSL and commercial gym (which you can access if you booked a room).

Room Tip: I suggest getting a room between the lounge and tavern stairs leading downstairs as it will means yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. I do apologise for the reception on check in. This is very out of character for the front desk staff. I will be sure to pass on the comments to the team.

newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Booked at this hotel because we were V8 driving the next day so wasn't too bothered about what it might be like. However it was a big surprise. The rooms are 4.5/5 star and the buffet breakfast could not be faulted. All the staff were excellent too. Slight downside was the downstairs dinner area where the service was very slow due to kitchen staff being short handed but they did apologise and gave a genuine reason. Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is next to the raceway the noise could be heard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi

Harden-Murrumburrah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Chifley for three nights in April. It was very convenient for us as it was fairly close to the Sydney equestrian centre. Nice tavern downstairs and a great pub within walking distance. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Lin

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Room was well appointed, staff ok, but the smell in the area was like I was sleeping in a petrochemical facility. There was an event on at the raceway opposite, maybe fumes? But in any case left me feeling unwell and reluctant to ever stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Louise

Thank you for reviewing Chifley Eastern Creek.

At the hotel our aim is to exceed your expectations. I do apologise for the issue with the smell in the air. This is beyond the hotels control.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastern Creek
ibis budget Wentworthville
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville
3.5 of 5 stars 200 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta

Been to Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek? Share your experiences!