My mom and I spent 3 nights at Knight Inlet Lodge. Many of the other reviews describe the lodge accomodations below. The rooms are basic but great for a remote lodge. The food was fresh, plentiful and very tasty.
The main reason for visiting the lodge was to see grizzlies, and we were certainly not disappointed! We saw many bears, grizzly and black. Some came right behind the lodge for a closeup view. We also saw otters, orcas, eagles, a very large pod of pacific white-sided dolphins, and many more animals and birds.
The guides and staff are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. We had plenty of activities to chose from and they were very accomodating.
Overall, this was a wonderful vacation and I recommend Knight Inlet Lodge highly! It was certainly a trip of a lifetime! I would love to return someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knight Inlet Lodge is Canada's premier grizzly bear viewing destination. With over 15 years of experience and a world wide reputation for excellence we are the place to see grizzly bears in British Columbia. Our remote floating lodge has 16 guests rooms and offers a full range of activities for our guests including hiking,kayaking, marine wildlife tours, tracking and whale watching. Open from mid May until mid October with pacakges starting on any day of the week. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Knight Inlet Hotel Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet Resort All Inclusive
- Knight Inlet Lodge Canada/British Columbia