“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Parklands Resort & Conference Centre

You added Parklands Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Parklands Resort & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   121 Ulan Road, Mudgee, New South Wales 2850, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Mudgee
Lidcombe
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed with kids for my birthday. Housekeeper let herself into the room when we were in room and frightened my 7 yr old daughter who was undressed and having shower. She then checked contents of minibar. I was too stunned to speak. Complained and was told she was knew. Came back next day to ant infestation in room. Basically issue resolved and I was blamed for leaving out sticky food which we certainly didn't. Bathroom smelled of drains and was infested with some type of fly. Would never recommend and couldn't wait to leave for home and shower. Hotel staff inadequacy is another story. They didn't care.

• Stayed March 2014
ParklandsMgr, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, although I am somewhat disappointed that it is noted that staff didn't attend to your concerns or care.

During your 2 night stay I was informed of your concerns on Saturday morning. I contacted you immediately and ensured that I was aware of your concerns although had been offsite for a few days due to having a baby last week. We discussed the issues and it was agreed that a lower rate would be actioned.

You advised that a Housekeeper entered your room without notice. I have verified with the housekeeper and they are persistent that they knocked 3 times before entering the room, with no answer. In regards to the ants near the door, our staff attended to this immediately.

As discussed on Saturday morning, I advised that I would follow up your concerns with the respective departments and am in the process of doing so.

Although you did not mention any issues of flies in the bathroom or drain smell, thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will have it reviewed.

Unfortunately we were unable to change your thoughts on our Resort and this is disappointing, as we want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us.

We wish you all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for a quick stopover for work. I was surprised at how spacious the rooms and bathroom was. My shower was huge and bathroom recently renovated. Loved the iPod Dock. Easily the size of a small apartment minus the kitchenette, great for extended trips. The rooms extend out to a sizeable wrap-around verandah. There is seating outside and the lounge is positioned well, enabling views from the comfort of your room.

The grounds are tidy and manicured, with lush willow trees surrounding the pond and water feature. Parking is close to the rooms but there at stairs to access the upper level rooms.

I found it difficult to sleep as I enjoy natural light, so struggled with the fact the verandah lighting is on all night, having to fully close the block out curtains. Perhaps they could invest in some dimmer lighting options at a floor/walkway level to minimise this.

Staff were great during my stay. Attentive and helpful, but not over the top. Check in and check out was very quick and easy. Their buffet breakfast is very good. The ability to serve eggs Benedict 'buffet style' whilst retaining runny yolk impressed me somewhat. The coffee was good and no request was an issue.

For those on visiting for work they offer a decent, yet higher price 'lunch pack'. In saying this the sandwiches were above average and incredibly yummy, even with the typical 'egg, mayo and lettuce', but I recommend the turkey. They had a good wine list, and although I didn't sample the restaurant, their menu looked quite good.

The rooms were generally quiet and seemed to block sound. I could faintly hear the TV from the next room, albeit an adjoining room where the flat-screens are positioned right next to these internal doors.

Overall, it's lovely place to stay. Spacious, comfortable with lovely staff. Some minor things I noticed could amp the place up a little if fixed. One of the seats on the verandah looked to have been broken - fortunately it had been repaired but made the place look a little tired and initially had me worried it would break if I sat down. A tea towel was provided in my room which was handy but it was a little old-looking. On brighter note there were plenty of towels and toiletries and a little chocolate on my bed upon arrival. The place was also squeaky clean which is something you don't see all too much these days. These little things make it what it is but some could make it better. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ParklandsMgr, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We pride ourselves on our service and facilities and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the veranda lighting, chairs on deck and tea towels. I have passed these comments on to the respective departments for review.

We hope to see you again at the Resort.
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly but not the most efficient. the rooms were large and well furnished but the air conditioning was ineffective and the bathrooms tired. lovely gardens and a very good buffet breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, as we appreciate all constructive feedback.

As you may have read in previous responses our bathrooms in our standard rooms and suites are in the process of being refurbished. I do hope that you advised Front Office of your air conditioning concern and that it was attended too.

We pride our staff on their professionalism and friendly attitude. It is much appreciated that you noted this, our gardens and breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again to the Resort.
Sydney, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

A friend and I came here to get away for a few days. What an amazing setting! The service was fantastic & the room lovely. Although a little overpriced in the restaurant, the waitstaff went out of their way to help.. Even with addressing my food allergy.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our attentive staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed one night at Parklands with our two children and it was great. The standard room was large, clean and very comfortable, the pool and leisure facilities were lovely, the service of all of the staff was first class, we had the continental breakfast which had plenty of choice including gluten free bread (always a bonus) and our son particularly liked the pancake maker! I'd certainly recommend this hotel as a place to stay when visiting Mudgee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted that you had a great time and we hope that we can welcome you to the Resort again in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a family "suite". Just the 2 of us. The room was spacious with 2 single beds in the living area and a separate double room with an ensuite.
However when you enter the room there was a strange odour, a step ladder with tools sitting in the corner under the air conditioner and a less than satisfying mini bar.. Unless you like lemonade and lemon squash that is. Although some of the furniture was quite nice, many thing in the room were broken and the bathrooms extremely dated.
In the heat of January we decided to head to the pool which was very nice. And returned again the next day it is an indoor pool with spa and wading section.
I would suggest not dining in the vine restaurant. We went to dinner at 7 after being told on check in that the kitchen closes at 8:30/9. In an almost empty restaurant we had to wait for a table to be set. I ordered a glass of wine while we waited, being in wine region I would think a little more care would be taken, but I was not even asked which I would like or informed what variety I was drinking. I ordered a stuffed squid as entree and a "surf and turf" for main. The squid was a whole overly stuffed chewy tube and steak just pub food. My partners main course of lamb, was interesting, beef posing as lamb in one element. To top it off we were not offered the dessert menu after our main course with the staff too busy setting the restaurant for breakfast. we asked for the menu at 8:55pm to then hear a "f***"from the kitchen and "Jesus" when we had ordered. Lets just say we shouldn't have bothered because the chocolate lovers dessert was downright in edible. While eating dessert we were told the front door had been locked and we could go out the back door when we were done.
On our first morning, we had hard time sleeping past 7 with every noise in the place sounding like it was in our room. At about 9:30 maintenance knocked on our door to fix the air conditioner (explained the ladder) and not long after a knock from house keeping to take our towels to be washed.
In both the restaurant and in our room we felt as though we were an inconvenience to staff.
Needless to say we spent the whole day out, returning to have a swim and go out to dinner in the town centre. Leaving at 7am the next morning.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ParklandsMgr, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property.

Whilst we appreciate all constructive criticism we are dismayed by this review and the lack of communication provided to the hotel during your stay or on departure. As you are a hotel professional I am sure you can appreciate that it is always best to discuss concerns or issues during a guests stay in an attempt to rectify or clarify these concerns.

From this review I have met with our Management team to discuss the issues raised as I am concerned by the degree of negativity and have extremely high expectations for our staff and hotel practices.

I would like to address some of your concerns:

Maintenance issues: Unfortunately our maintenance team were attending to your air conditioner prior to your arrival. When our staff member returned to your room they were advised that they were not required and the door was not opened for them to remove the ladder. They returned the next morning to retrieve the ladder. However, I do agree with your comments and there should be no evidence of maintenance in the room for our guests arrival or during their stay.

We appreciate your comments in relation to the bathrooms. This has been noted previously and thankfully we can advise that our suite bathrooms are in the process of being refurbished.

Mini Bar / Housekeeping issues: Our Mini Bars are stocked with 4 different types of soft drink, various beers, orange juice, water, chocolate bars and other snacks and white and red wine. If at any time your mini bar was not completely stocked please contact me directly at the hotel and this will be addressed.

Food & Beverage issues: I have spent extensive time discussing your concerns with your dining as these comments are uncommon and disheartening.

On the night you dined, the restaurant was attending to numerous in house guests either dining in the restaurant or via our room service option. While waiting a short time for a table you enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine / beer for your partner as part of our room package. As it was our Restaurant Manager who served you, I have been assured that care was taken while processing your drink order.

It is disappointing that when the service staff asked how your meal was that you indicated the squid was great but you couldn't finish it all, as you had seen the porterhouse steak being delivered to another table and seeing as it was such a big dish you would ensure you could enjoy your main meal.

Our Head Chef is disappointed at the comments of the lamb being a beef product as this is not and never is the case. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your dessert plate, although if this had been discussed with our staff we would have happily provided an alternative for you.

I can happily vouch for our staff that the 2 employees in question would never express profanities as mentioned when you ordered dessert. I am more than happy to further discuss this if you felt that at any time this was the case.

I also relate to the conversation of the back door exit. This was a conversation that was overheard by our service staff. Please note that it is our intention to ensure that each guest has a pleasurable experience. At the end of our Restaurant service if we are still entertaining guests we offer for them to exit our back restaurant exit door as it is closer to their rooms when staying in the West wing and saves them from walking around the resort to enter their room.

We are glad that you enjoyed our indoor pool, spa and sauna during your stay and apologise if at any time you felt that you weren't appreciated or valued by our Resort.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss your concerns at any time as we take all reviews extremely serious and endeavour to ensure that all of our team thrive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests.

Kind Regards,
Chantelle
Mudgee, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

enjoyed lovely top class meals for 4 people recently, will go there again. Good service also, pleasant people. Very enjoyable, a night to remember. Lovely atmosphere where the waiters were smiling and very polite, made our night even better. Would like to try more meals there again sometime, they are very accommodating. Loved it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review.

Our Food & Beverage staff are extremely valued within our Resort and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience while dining within the Vine Bar & Restaurant.

We hope to see you for dinner again soon.

All the best,

Chantelle

Been to Parklands Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!