“Smart but expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parklands Resort & Conference Centre

You added Parklands Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Parklands Resort & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   121 Ulan Road, Mudgee, New South Wales 2850, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Mudgee
“Smart but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My elderly mother and I happened to need a bed for the night in the Mudgee district just as the town was in the midst of a wine festival and the Huntington Music Festival, so most accommodation was fully booked - silly us for not thinking ahead! However, the Parklands Resort was able to offer us the two rooms we needed - one Standard and one Luxury, and let us have them for $150 each.

The Standard was very nicely appointed and large, but with a Queen bed only and a view of the roofs of the Conference Centre below; the Luxury had an extra single as well as the Queen, access to a shared balcony overlooking lovely gardens and generally rather smarter finishes. Both had extremely comfortable beds, a nice sofa, writing desk, etc etc - I was sorry that (having spent all that money!) we weren't able to enjoy them for longer.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant. All in all, an enjoyable stay in a very classy place - I guess you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are quieter but not easy to access if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MandalaHotels, Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi MandyB

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

As you wrote it is a busy time in Mudgee however I am glad we could accomodate you and your guests and you enjoyed our country hospitality and service.

I do once again thank you for taking the time to provide the comments you have and we look forward to seeing you again, perhaps for a little longer this time, when you choose Mudgee as a destination.

Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

It's ok to stay. Nice spot and picturesque gardens but management a bit dishonest. Told me room was freshly renovated when I booked. It wasn't. Told me breakfast included. It wasn't. Just soured the experience. Pool spa had light hanging on edge of spa by the cable. Probably safe but looked dodgy. Expensive too. You could do better if you looked around. Cobb & co more expensive but vastly superior. Have stayed there too.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your views on Parklands.

Specifically relating to your comments of dishonesty we certainly dont do and I would encourage you to please feel free to contact me further regarding this, there has obviously been some communication problem and or the incorrect information may have been given to you at the time of the reservation, I do apologise for this if this is what occured.

The light from the spa was from a group who unfortunately did this and it has been fixed and repaired.

I do apologise that on this visit we didnt meet some of your expoectations and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Parklands.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This "Resort" is OK but we feel that it is overpriced when you look at the state of the bedrooms. Our room and bathroom were clean but the state and quality of the bathroom were very poor considering the rating and cost of this place. The shower was above the bath which was made from thin plastic and buckled under your feet threatening to break as the base of the bath was unsupported. There were smears of cement on the floor tiles around the toilet bowl where it had evidently been replaced and there were smears of sealant around the edges of the bath and walls. I wonder whether the repairs had been done by a tradesman.
The carpet in the bedroom was stained and had several cigarette burns even though the room was classified as "non smoking".
The service was good as was the food in the restaurant. We did not get the opportunity to use the indooor pool or other facilities. We suppose these are what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the property and I am sorry to learn some things were not up to your satisfaction.

Refurbishing a hotel/motel/resort is a lengthy and ongoing process and we have updated and fully refurbished our deluxe rooms including the bathrooms, part of this process does involve refurbishing some bathrooms in our standard rooms and this is due to commence in November 2012.

I am also happy to report as part of this process some of the carpets in our standard rooms was also replaced in the last 2-4 weeks.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food and our country hospitality from our staff, the pool and other areas of the resort are free to use and we do not charge guests added money for these additional guest services.

I thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Parklands Resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a local and have noticed an amazing change at Parklands Resort with the new owners. Have revamped motel rooms and bathrooms to modern facilites.(no climbing into baths for showers) The restaurant food is amazing and service is excellent. All staff from front desk on arrival to bar and restaurant staff are friendly and very helpful. Parklands is trying to come up with new ideas for patrons of the resort to towns people. Had a wonderful fire works display for New Year Eve, Valentines Day Dinner to Tapas for lunch on weekends in Srping in the beautiful court deck overlooking Mudgee's beautiful mountains. Well done Leainne the Functions Manager and Parklands. It won't be long before we are back for another lovely dinner experience. Jan

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MandalaHotels, General Manager at Parklands Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Jan

We are delighted to read the feedback you have provided, thank you.

We have forwarded this onto all our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Parklands Resort.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The service was good and the resort looked quite nice from the outside, but we went in the middle of winter and the heating could not keep up with the cold weather - the gap around the door seemed to suck the heat out, and the heater was down the hallway so it did not seem to reach the room. The noise of the heating kept me awake and when I couldn't bear it any more and turned it off, the noise of our neighbours heating was no better.

We had smokers on either side of us, and they were outside our door until very late smoking, the smell of which was very strong in our room due to the gap around the door, and of course they kept us awake.

The room's decour was pretty old fashioned, none of which I would have minded except that I felt it was over priced or what we got. If I paid half or two thirds of what I paid, I probably would not be complaining.

The breakfast was good.

Having said the Mudgee is a great little town and I would visit Mudgee again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Eleanor

Thank you for your constructive feedback, it is only through such comments we can rate our guest experiences.

Please accept our appologies for the smoke you obviously endured throughout your stay and specifically regarding the furnishings we are constantly upgrading our suites with furniture, fixtures and fittings.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here for christmas in july. The rooms were clean and roomy. However, the aircondtioner was a night mare. there is no way you could have slept with this monster growling all night long. fortunately we were on the bottom floor so the heat stayed in our room a bit better so we only needed it on to warm the room up. the shower was a bit funny and awkward to use. Breakfast was ok. Usualy variety. The meal at the function was quite good though. no complaints. Nice fireplace area to sit and have a drink or read a book. Overall very average and wouldn't run back to this place. I would prefer a smaller hotel but again served the purpose for a large group of about 60.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback and I am sorry you endured a air conditioner that was troublesome.

We have since replaced that air conditioner which ensures guests do receive a peaceful nights sleep and I am sorry this air conditioned was not replaced prior to your stay.

We would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to Parklands Resort in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We (family of five) stayed here as we drove from Sydney to Dubbo. "Resort" it is NOT. Firstly we decided to play tennis and were give rackets that were made in the 70's and balls that were previously owned by the local dog. Than we decided to go swimming in the heated indoor pool only to find out that 'parts were still being ordered' and the pool was cold. The room is a basic hotel room. The staff spent most of their time sitting outside the rooms smoking. The breakfast was probably the highlight only because at that stage our expectations were so low.

Room Tip: Just use it as a place to stop and don't expect too much.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to send your constructive comments on your recent stay.

I am disapointed to read the comments however we have listened to, and acted on what you have told us. The sporting equipment, tennis rackets and tennis balls have been replaced and the pool has been fixed.

Whilst I appreciate this doesnt help your specific stay we have listened to your comments and acted on them.

I do hope you can give Parklands Resort another try when you next choose Mudgee as your destination.

Dean

Been to Parklands Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!