“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Mudgee, Australia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My favourite thing about the Dancing Goat Cafe is the breakfast menu. The array of pancakes that are available to order is incredible; from banana and pecan to caramel with snickers, and they're all excellent!

The downfall of the cafe comes in their lack of homemade sweets, I'm a sucker for a fresh cake or slice, and although the cakes available look exquisite, they are clearly not homemade.
Also you'd want to cross your fingers while choosing your table, and hope to get one of the nicer waitresses. While some of the staff are gorgeous, there is one in particular that has been very rude to me as a customer. A blunt 'what do you want?' is not a great way to be served!

Overall I'd rate it about a 7.5/10, mostly because of their breakfast menu and the interest in the cafe name.

Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Best Coffee in Mudgee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The Dancing Goat's coffee is 10/10. Best coffee in Mudgee and we tried the lot! The staff are delightful and most helpful about local attractions.

Visited July 2014
Laidley, Australia
“Excellent little cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped in here for breakfast and were very pleased with the menu. With our dietary requirements, the staff were most helpful and accommodating and produced beautiful and tasty food. I would recommend this cafe for its ambience, exceptional service and great food. Well priced menu too.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, Great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped into this cafe on our road trip and had a fantastic experience with all aspects - service, food, coffee & cakes. Would definitely recommend this cafe to others!

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diamond of the greater west!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My colleague and I were on a road trip further west, and decided to stop in Mudgee for some lunch.
We noticed a sign saying 'Dancing Goat Cafe' on the road into the middle of town, and it caught our eye so we decided to stop. It would have been around lunch time and the tables outside were being cleared up from what looked to be a busy period. Inside was nice and airconditioned, the decor was obviously freshly done and looked nice and modern.

We ordered a club sandwich and a toasted turkey/cranberry sandwich, and a latte. The coffee came first and was the best coffee I've had outside Sydney CBD. Beautiful crema and latte art, and delicious coffee below. The barista obviously knew what she was doing! Goat milk isn't my preference, but I liked that there was the option of having goat milk in your coffee too.

Our food came out not too long after. It was just us, some ladies with their children, and an older gentleman in the cafe when we were there.
The club sandwich was HUGE and came with chips. It was the most impressive sandwich I've seen. The bacon was nice and thick, plentiful salad and the bread was super-thick cut...gorgeous. My turkey sandwich was so much more than I expected it to be. Stuffed with fresh lettuce and tomato, a good ratio of cranberry sauce:turkey, and gooey brie. The bread itself was toasted, rather than the whole thing being squished flat in a toaster press (which is what I thought it would be). It was fresh, filling, and so tasty.

The service was top class, not just with us but we noticed the ladies working there was so attentive and kind to all the other patrons too.

I would recommend this cafe to anybody who is travelling to, or through, Mudgee. I know next time I'm out on that side of the Divide I will be making a beeline!

• Visited February 2014