“A Mudgee Must Do” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 52 things to do in Mudgee
More attraction details
Owner description: I've only ever wanted to be a winemaker. I've been doing it now for 35 years - that's a good thing!I still love it. It's what gets me up in the morning, puts a smile on my face and provides the drive to keep doing it better and better.I can't separate any one part of winemaking over any other – it's the diversity of the activities from being on the tractor, amongst the vines, harvest, winemaking, bottling & packaging, marketing, selling and telling the story of Australian, NSW, Mudgee, Lowe, Louee and Tinja Wines that are all part of what I do.I want to take these grapes that I grow, get them in a bottle with as little intervention as possible and get them to you with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of excellence. Making great wine in a good year from lovely vineyards is easy. There are also years where it's tough for all in the industry, and as an organic grower and maker we have few weapons; this is when age and experience also helps.The pinnacle is good wine. I don't want to tell you that it's hand crafted or boutique produced or estate bottled, while it is all those things it is more important to me that it is honest and free of jargon and allowed to be - wine! Wine to be shared with friends and food and enjoyed not worshipped.I also love telling and teaching about wine. That's one of the reasons you're likely to see me at our Cellar Door. It's why I've started the Lowe Wine club to ensure our enthusiasts get our rare and museum releases along with the ‘Lowedown' three times a year.Drop in, drop me a line, enjoy a drop. David Lowe
Sydney, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A Mudgee Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent a delightful lunch time at this beautiful winery .The tasting plate was a great balance of flavours and plentiful .
We sat outside in the sun and the wines came to us - The wine maker also spent quite a bit of time with us even giving us a tour of the new " Chook Palace" - those are lucky ladies !!!!!
Plans for a food and wine walk around the property are nearly completed - should be wonderful
Can't wait to come back !

Maitland, Australia
“Fabulous wine-tasting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent a relaxed morning in the sun overlooking the garden and the vines. The winemaker is enthusiastic about sharing his wine and his knowledge and brings the tastings out to you. Beautiful Shiraz.
I would recommend this vineyard.

Sydney, Australia
“Can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the real deal. The winemaker's dinners are loads of fun and incredibly generous, but even if you can't make it to one of those make sure your visit is an extended one to appreciate the really sterling wines, complimented by wonderful, heartening food, in one of the prettiest and most interesting wineries in Mudgee.

Visited July 2013
Hunter Valley
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Wine, food, view, exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

What more could you want? The wines on tasting are gorgeous - the sparking merlot was a new and unique experience for me. Tasting plates were generous and well balanced. The view and exceptional service offered a relaxing yet sophisticated experience. I came here on a recommendation, and would definitely recommend to others. A must do Mudgee experience!

Mudgee, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recently a group of us had lunch at lowes. Great food - platter of anti pasto selection or a very generous bowl of soup with their bread cooked on site. We sat outside & the view is very restful - rolling countryside in the midst of vineyards & farming land. David is a local and a great host.

Visited July 2013