“disastrous!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in El Arenal
Budapest, Hungary
“disastrous!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

I arrived in Mediodia and after the check-in I went to my room no 103 (don't accept this room if you are given!) and I was shocked because it was stinky, dark and the window was just for decoration because exactly in frioóont of it there was a dirty wall and from the cellar some very hot, mouldy air came up. So I shouted with the receptionist (sorry for that, it wasn't his fault) and I called my travel agency from Hungary to get another room, but because it was a peak season, they were not able to give me another one in Mediodia, and not in El Arenal, so I was transferred finally to C'an Pastilla to Playa D'or Hotel and I was lucky because there was air conditioning there and it was silent with a beautiful room. In Mediodia there was no air conditioning, either. I was said that this room is bad because i am a single traveller and single travellers don't get the best rooms.I am not a choosy, spoilt person, but I just could't stay in that coffin-room for more than 2 minutes. I would never ever go back there again.

Stayed July 2007

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

Never been so sleep deprived be for whilest on holiday,this hotel is very noisy with guest runing amok through the hotel corridors.
The food was chips every night and then it was warm,thou there salads were nice. The hotel was very clean, our rooms were of a nice size but our view from the bedroom window was of another wall.Location was brillant with two minute walking then on to the beach where there are lots of shops.this Area is full of Germans and so was the hotel,i had to keep reminding my self that i was in Spain and not Germany lol.
Have been Majorca twice now and would think twice to coming back to this part.
I would not recomend this hotel for the older age its more for the young ones,if i had known this before i would not have stayed at this hotel.

• Liked — the size of our rooms were of a nice size
  • Disliked — no view from our window or a balcony
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wiltshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Where to start...... Check in was ok, but girl on reception need to learn how to smile a bit! Room was basic but cleanish.
Breakfast was ok but the evening meal was awful, don't bother with it. The place was full of Germans, mainly young singles all male or all girl parties and were very loud and rude!! There were also German families there who seemed as fed up with their behaviour as we were. El Arenal the area itself is geared very much towards the German tourists, with hardly any British bars. However we did find a few the best being The Sportsman where we were made very welcome. The beach was excellent and you will have to go a long way to find better. We also hired bikes one day and there is a great cycle path that takes you all the way to Palma, with excellent views along the way. Well worth doing!

• Liked — The bed was nice and comfortable!
  • Disliked — Rowdy youngsters running about at night/early hours of the morning!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

Stayed at Mediodia for five nights Jun 10-14. My girlfriend and I went to Mallorca for my 23rd birthday.

The rooms are small. You don't get the best views. But if you book a hotel to simply sleep in while you explore the island during the day and party at night, Mediodia is a great place for the price.

Palma is expensive. Two free meals is a blessing and the hotel food is better than a lot of the restaurants in S'Arenal. Breakfast is the same everyday (continental) but the dinner selection was different every night. I read that they didn't cater to the British but chips were also served every night. :)

Great location. The hotel is a one-minute walk from the beach. If you rent a car there is a gas station on the same street (they are hard to find).

If the hotel itself is the focus of your vacation then stay somewhere else but if you just need the essentials plus two meals for a reasonable price Hotel Mediodia is a good hotel.

PS. If you stay in S'Arenal go to Charlie's and tell Elliot (the owner) that T aka "Sangria Man" from the US recommended it. Don't let the happy frog fool you.

• Liked — Meals & location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
west yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Oh my god!! This has to be the worst holiday experience of my life, we were staying there a fortnight & had to book into another hotel for a week as it was so bad. The hotel was full of young German guys on stag do's & they were VERY RUDE & NOISY to say the least, they were throwing things at our windows in the middle of the night and shouting & slamming doors till the early hours. It really was a terrible experience & I cannot stress enough to anyone thinking of going there, its not worth it, i know its cheap but you will regret it.El Arinel itself is a very nice place but is also full of German tourists.

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
bristol
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

Booked this hotel a few days before i travelled and never done enough research which was a big mistake. Turned up at the hotel which was situated in a side street very close to the main beach, was intially pleased with location. Checked in very quickly and got in the very tiny lift to our room(again at this point still pleased) it was once we got to our room the problem started. They gave us a room opposite the lift even though i asked for a quiet room, we entered the room to find the smallest room ever it consisted of two twin beds(even though we booked a double!) and a small bathroom, no balcony and our view from the window was another dirty wall of a hotel. It was like a prison cell and smelt like one! I went back down to reception to spk to the manager and explained the problems and the fact we booked a double they said the hotel has no double rooms in there what so ever. I continue to complain and told them i would not stay there in that room in the end they swapped rooms...the second room was larger and had a double bed(so manager lied) it also had a balcony over looking the street which may not sound nice but was 100percent nicer than the 1st room. Once this was sorted it did not dampen our spirits and we were adament to stil enjoy our holiday.

The beach is lovely clean and close to hotel, in the resort there is plenty of bars and restaurants only problem is everything is in German and they cater very little for the English traveller. It was such a awful resort one night we caught the bus into Palma which cost 3euros return(which was fantastic) and the other night we went to Can Pastilla which again was gorgeous....we walked there and it took about 50mins...caught a bus back! Returned to our hotel about mid night and fell asleep from about 2am to 630am we had noise keeping us awake shouting, running round the hall it was like a German version of our Maguluf! I would never stay here again disaster and was the 1st holiday of my life i actually looked forward to coming home...dont get me wrong im only 26 and appreciate that some people go on holiday to party but this was like a club 18-30 hotel. Stayed half board breakfast was continental, never stayed there to eat in the evening could not bare to spend more time with the same people that kept me up all night, messed around with the lifts so it was hard to get one and if you did they had pressed every button so you stopped on every floor....i could go on but i think this review gives you a slight insite to the type of holiday you might experience if you stay here

• Liked — close to beach
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

The Hotel was very close to the beach, and is true there is no fan, no air con.. I know i didn't pay much for it, but i was at least expecting clean towels every day, which i didn't get. The first day they forgotten to leave clean towels and took away the dirty ones, and the second day they left the dirty ones, the bed was undone, the floor and the bathroom were untouched!! The room was so small we could hardly move...Instead the food was great. I understand that you need to expect downside when something is cheap, the room in fact was really very basic and poor, but i can't bear to stay in a dirty room, with dirty bathroom and dirty towels!!!

Manuela

• Liked — la vicinanza al mare e ai negozi vari
  • Disliked — la stanza dall'abergo
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mediodia? Share your experiences!