Just returned from 5 nights at this hotel..it is definitely not a comparable 4 star hotel. Having stayed in a number of 4 star accommodations I can honesty say that this hotel is a 3 star at a push... Although the hotel is meticulously clean it has a number of drawbacks.. The bedrooms are basic.. No tea or coffee making facilities, no fridge and carpeted floors, very unusual for a 4 star. The pool area is nice and there are plenty of sunbeds, although many of them are well worn and saggy.. Another minus for this area is that there are no unberellas provided at all.. Only for the lifeguard who is on duty from 10 til 6 even though the pool is open until 8! The bar area is nice with a variety of drinks.. No glasses though, only plastic beakers until 8pm. I can understand the need for plastic if you are taking drinks around the pool area but honestly, we are no children so the option to have a drink in a glass should at least be an option if you are in the bar. The staff around the pool, in reception and the cleaning staff, as well as the animation team were very pleasant as were the table waiting staff in the resturaunt.. Unfortunatly the same cant be said for the cooks.. Not a smile from be of them other than a young cook on our last day. What can I say about the food, well to give you an idea, we stayed for 5 nights and ate out for 4' the food was very poor quality, apart from the salad which was lovely and fresh every day. Overall the hot food was luke warm most of the time and we discovered the reason for this on our last day.. Breakfast is served from 8 til 10.. We were allowed to have a 7.30 breakfast as we had an early flight to catch and found out that all of the food was already out, not covered, hence will be luke warm or cold by 8.
The hotel itself is nice with a grand entrance, the location was great for us as we had a car and the location made for easy access to the island. The pool area, most staff, and the cleanliness of the hotel was spot on. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone who enjoys good food but if ou like salad, chips, burgers, pasta etc it will be fine.
Although I wouldn't stay at the hotel again, I would stay in the area. Some nice little restaurants nearby and good access to the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ola Club Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Ola Club Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Hotel Maioris Majorca
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club
- Ola Club Maioris El Arenal, Majorca