“The most helpful staff ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ola Club Maioris

You added Ola Club Maioris to your Saves list
Ola Club Maioris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Cabo Blanco Km.6, 07620 El Arenal, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in El Arenal
Kidderminster, Worcestershire, UK
“The most helpful staff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am actually writing this on behalf of my parents who have recently returned from a two week stay all inclusive at Ola Club Maioris. My parents are in their seventies. They said the food was fantastic, the rooms were clean and spacious, cleaned every day and the staff were second to none. The entertainment was varied and good and on the whole it was a great hotel to stay. Now on to the personal side. While in majorca, my father suffered a heart attack. The staff at the hotel, especially Patricia and her colleagues on reception couldn't do enough to help. My father had to spend 5 days in hospital and have an operation so it meant my mother was on her own quite a bit of the time but they were amazing in how they looked after her and helped her with any phone calls, paperwork and were in constant touch with me back home by phone and email. I cannot praise these people enough. They were all so kind and helpful. I know this review is an exception because of the circumstances but I cannot say enough good things about the people who work there. I'm hoping to visit myself soon after hearing and experiencing such good things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The staff at this complex are fab, bar staff go that extra mile Lubo,Evio,Tony and Jose thank you soooooooo much for looking after us.....
Entertainment staff Carlos, Silvia ,Jojo and Ruben (still haven't won on that bloody bingo)
thanks also to the maid who cleaned our room...
Looking forward to seeing you all next year. xx

Room Tip: there is a free bus service into Arenal and plama,you can however take the the mini bus from the del...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week with my daughter all inclusive. Great service from friendly staff especially toni. Many thanks to lady who runs shop inside reception area for letting me have her own bag which i thought was on sale nothing much trouble. Must take advantage of free bus to arenal beach lovely. Very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed October 2012
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've just returned from a week at the Maioris hotel with my husband and three year old and overall we really enjoyed our stay but I do tend to agree with many of the other reviews in that this is not a four star hotel by British standards and is more in line with a fair three star.

We had a hire car for a week so the location was not an issue. The hotel is in a fairly remote area and without a car a probably would not have enjoyed the holiday so much, however for those that rarely leave a hotel this wouldn't be an issue. The hotel also has its own coach and provides free daily trips to the nearest beach at Arenal and once a week to Palma.

The hotel attracts a diverse array of clientele, from families like us, to young groups, to the elderly generation. It was mostly Brits and Germans with a smaller number from elsewhere in Europe. Personally I thought the diversity gave the hotel a nice feel, it was neither too young or too stale for us, but it probably wouldn't suit the typical 18-30 hedonists!

Positives
The staff are really helpful and friendly - very hardworking and attentive, and obviously dedicated to their guests.

The hotel was generally very clean in all areas.

My 3 yr old loved the mini disco and attended every night it was on. The entertainers were great with the kids, full of enthusiasm and genuinely attentive to guests. My little one is still singing the songs!

We rarely had to wait at the bar and again this is credit to the staff - a good selection of local drinks available, and a useful self service counter for soft and hot drinks.

I am a rather fussy eater but there was a nice variety available each day. In my opinion breakfast had the best variety. The menus featured a mix of continental and British dishes and there really should be something for everyone.

Negatives:
The hotel does need a bit of a revamp in some areas. The decor is a little tired and would definitely benefit from some new beds - not the most comfortable! The datedness is most noticable in the rooms, for example I cannot remember when I last saw a 14" CRT TV in a hotel, especially not one which claims 4 star status.

It seemed as though the air conditioning was not functioning throughout our stay and there were a couple of nights where the heat and humidity was uncomfortable. I noticed a lot of other rooms had their balcony door open at night but I did not feel happy having this door open all night with a young child in the room. Due to the whole hotel being in the same situation I assume that it has been intentionally turned off by the hotel management to cut costs, again not conducive to a hotel of its purported status.

In relation to the food, during an evening meal I found a chip of porcelain in my dessert. I informed a member of staff immediately and to be fair she was very concerned and came with me so I could show her what dessert this had come from. My criticism of the incident is that the remainder of the dessert was not removed in case it was a dodgy batch. I'm sure this was accidental and these things happen but I would have thought it would better to be safe than sorry and remove the rest.

My last criticism is in relation to one evening's entertainment, incidentally performed by an external performer - a snake show. This show I believe occurs once a week whereby a lady turns up with three snakes. The premise seems to be targetting audience who are scared of snakes and then putting them in your face. The style of the show was to get laughs at the expense of people scared of snakes and not really to my taste, and not particularly entertaining for children. A shame really as it could have been a lot more universally appealing.

We enjoyed our stay and the hotel was great as a base for what we wanted. I wouldn't rule out staying here again, but the negatives do detract slightly from the excellent staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Corby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We arrived on 30th September and checked out on 7th October and had a very relaxing time. It depends on what you're after from a holiday. Personally, we were looking for a place to just 'veg out' by a pool, read plenty of books and eat and drink as much and as often as we wanted for a week. I'm pleased to say that we achieved our goals!!
The hotel is not a four star by British standards and it would probably be fairer to give it a three star rating. The public areas are all spotless and the staff are very friendly and efficient.
Our room was on the fifth floor of 'Block A', which faced the front gardens and the Neighbouring Delta Hotel, but this was okay as it was due South and gave us all day sun on our balcony for drying towels, trunks etc. It also kept us away from the noise of the bar, if you wanted an early night, although there is some noise from the Delta. The room itself was clean and spacious, but a little tatty in places. We had a damaged vanity stool and the T.V. struggled to maintain a picture. The bathroom was better, but we had water pressure problems, with the shower in particular, at breakfast times and normally waited until after 0900 to shower and then take a late breakfast as there wasn't enough pressure to run even a tap between 0830 and 0900 on some mornings. The house keeping was excellent though, very clean rooms and daily towel changes etc.
The staff all work incredibly hard. The reception staff are excellent and special praise has to go to the bar staff and restaurant staff who work pretty tirelessly all day, it seems. You very rarely have to wait for a drink at the bar, even at busy periods, and even then that's only for alcoholic drinks, as there is a constant flow from the self service soft drink dispenser and self service coffee machine located at the bar. Although it was disappointing to have only one choice of diet soft drink (Diet Coke) if you're a teetotaler.
The restaurant was very relaxed (no enforced requirement for men to wear long trousers as specified in brochures). I happily wore smart shorts all week without a problem. The staff were very helpful and were only too happy to make up a table if you preferred to sit by an open window or away from the door etc. The food offered at dinner and lunch was varied and of reasonable quality. I think even the fussiest eater should find something to eat. Admittedly there were some lower end choices, lots of chips or cheap sausages or battered items, but it was easy to steer the healthy course with a large choice of vegetables, fruits and salads etc. There was always a good choice of a fish or a red or white meat too. I didn't see any red ketchup all week which was disappointing though. There was a self service system for drinks at these meals too, with the usual choice of soft drinks and carbonated water, and there was a beer tap and red wine tap too. If I had one gripe about dinners and lunches it's that the desserts are pretty average. It's probably a climate thing that means that everything is made for the heat. So Jellies, cakes with sweet cream substitute, blancmanges etc. I suppose they can't make anything with real cream or chocolate because it will melt or nice sponges because they'll harden. Thank god for the self service ice cream freezer.
Breakfast differed with self service teas and coffees and self service juices. It was slightly disappointing to note that the juices were more of the 'Sunny D' variety. How can you not have fresh 'REAL' citrus juices in Spain?!? Anyway there was plenty of food choices at breakfast with a wide selection of continental or cooked offerings.
A good choice of snacks are available, near the bar, throughout the day if you do feel the need for a top up. Biscuits, bread, pastries cold meats etc.
There are plenty of sun beds, chairs and tables around the pool and bar areas. We found a nice spot near the pool and stayed with it all week and didn't have to claim it early with the laying out of towels or planting a national flag!! The pool was quite cold, but I think it was probably due to the time of year. I did get up early to swim every day, but there was quiet periods where a proper swim was possible during lunch times too.
The evening entertainment is fairly Butlins. Loud repetitive kids stuff until 19.30'ish followed by a run of the mill entertainer and then BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!! Honestly, we turned in at 21.30 every night to escape it.
The hotel is a little isolated, but there are complimentary coach trips to Palma and Arenal. Book early though because they are in demand. We took a trip to Palma, which is just 25 minutes away and had free reign from 09.30 until our pick up at 18.00. There is no beach near the hotel, just a very steep walk down to a picturesque rocky cove. If you are not fit you will struggle on the uphill return and you can't really access the water due to the steep climb and rocky shore if you are not very agile.
There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby though. Out of the hotel and right there is a five minute walk to a shopping parade with five restaurants, small supermarket, news agents, dry cleaner etc etc. Left and there is a five minute walk to a large well stocked supermarket that will cater to all food needs and a small cafe next door and next to that a chemist. Most of the shops etc are NOT open on Sundays. Next door outside the Delta Hotel and just a minute away, there is a small news agents selling papers, postcards, stamps, flip flops etc at reasonable prices. So you can get anything you need without too much trouble.
Tips:1) If you are travelling home on a Sunday take food and water to Palma Airport as inexplicably and inexcusably (for a country in financial trouble) nearly everything is closed.
2) You can hire pool towels at the hotel, so you don't have to struggle with your Ryan Air allowance taking your own.
3) If going to Palma take the old train to Soller. A beautiful train journey through the mountains and a real engineering achievement of over a hundred years ago. Information is available at the Tourist Information Centre next to Palma Bus Depot opposite the Placa d'Espanya, about fifteen minutes walk up the road from the coach drop off point (walking away from the beach). Not cheap, but worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

You definitely get value for money. Food is good - drinks all day yes please. If you are looking to go and wild then this isn't the place for you. 70% of the guests whilst I was there were over 50/60. I thought I was going to have a horrible time as I am under 30 but it was surprisingly refreshing. Loads of laughs with many old timers. Friendly staff, rooms are very decent but you probably need to go to arenal/palma nova/magaluf on a night out. In summary, I'd definitely go there again but in a couple of years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

What can I say bingo bingo bingo bingo only thing the hotel does ! Room small and pool, food ok a lot of fish everyday and chips everyday . In the middle of no where free bus service is ok drops u ten min walk from beach tho still. Renting bikes is best way to get about but u have to rent of hotel next door as this hotel ones are constantly broken. Gym is 1940s , poor decoration throughout the hotel. Definatly wouldn't go back 2 star max not even worth saying good value for money as isnt

• Stayed October 2012
Hotel Spa HSM President
Hotel Spa HSM President
#14 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.0 of 5 stars 521 reviews

Been to Ola Club Maioris? Share your experiences!