“Unbeatable” 5 of 5 stars

No 50 Calle Terral, 07600 El Arenal, Majorca, Spain   |
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unbeatable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent a long weekend with mates here in April here and was blown away at the standard of service, quality of rooms, superb location, top facilities and all-round value for money. Tim (owner) couldn't have been more accommodating.

You simply won't find a better alternative in the area.

It's more like a hotel than a hostel. *****

Room Tip: request one with a balcony!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

In all Honesty Hostel Atlanta might have been the most accomodating place I have ever been to my grandparents aren't even that accomodating and for the most part they didnt ask for us to pay till the end of the trip. Tim Moss was very friendly and always had suggestions for us to do on the island. The rooms we got were simple but perfect and for less than 20 euros a night I felt pampered.. I really question whether or not to post this up, because I rather keep this place a secret; however since it is in fact half way across the world I figured that would be ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived and were greeted cheerfully by Olly, after checking in he recomended several things to do in the area. He gave us the best available room which was spotless and had a fantastic ensuit. Everything was clean and the location was great. I would definitely stay here again, mostly because of the great atmosphere and friendly staff, big thanks to Tim and Olly who were always there to answer questions and help us out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

As we arrived it was midday and very hot, but inside the hostel it was cool and extremely pleasant.
The location is extremely near the beach and just a 10 minute walk into the town and you'll hit the night life. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable.
Only negative was that the shower room had very minimal ventilation and so got very hot.
I thoroughly enjoyed my week here!

Room Tip: The 5 bed en suite has a large balcony and en suite. Great cheap transport links.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was reading very good reviews about this hostel, that is why we decided to arange most of our stay here. It was a terrible decision because even if we booked the best room in the hostal, it was dirty, smelly, full of ants and noisy. As there is no air conditioner, we had to keep the windows open which prevented us from having a good night sleep beacuse of the noise coming from the drunk people and cars all night long.

The bathroom was incredibly dirty and smelly. The bed linen is old and i hope they at least change it from the previous guests (i am not sure about this though). For the last night, they moved us to a less modest room from where you could easily see in the other guests rooms.
The hostal also has a bar and they serve food, but the smell from the cooking (heavy oily smell) came directly to our room and went into all our clothes.

The staff is nice, helpful and the location is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
the Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great service, great rooms, great atmosphere, great food, great location! Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went here by myself for a beach vacation. I had originally booked a bed in one of the dorms, but when I got there they said that since a group had come in, they were putting me in a single instead. I still paid for the dorm price though, so that was pretty cool. The room was clean...Nice, for a hostel. Twin bed. Bathroom in the hall. Nothing fabulous, but pretty much all I needed. The location was good as well...Nightlife nearby, 1/2 a block from the beach...Not close to downtown, where the historical sites are, but I think you could get there by bus. Honestly, I didn't really look because I was only there for the beach. The pub downstairs was great too...Great place to meet people, amazing food (surprisingly), drinks were inexpensive. I hung out there the first night when I wasn't feeling that great and actually had an awesome time. The absolute BIGGEST pro to this hotel was the service. These people are SO AWESOME. I travel by myself and I tend to get lonely, especially since I speak ZERO Spanish. They were nice, they talked to me, answered any questions I had about literally anything...they even gave me suntan lotion and put it on my back. I'm super pale, and since I was by myself I was worried about getting burned. They had some spare stuff left over from other people who stayed, and gave me that as well (I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go out but the pub wasn't open...they had a spare soda and an apple they gave me). They were just so nice, it was awesome.

I will be staying here if I ever end up in Mallorca again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hostal Atlanta? Share your experiences!