“Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 hotels in Roses
Roses
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I enjoyed a lot my stay. Very comfortable room. Amenities were very pleasant. Towels were a little spoiled.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Peñíscola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Hotel Marina in Roses Spain on the costa Brava beach. Realy nice hotel very good staff and helpful, We stayed there for two nights and liked it very much, The price was ok and the breakfast was good. Roses is a nice place to visit, and their monumental castle is well worth visiting we liked itvery much. We would recomend the place and the hotel Marina any time.

Room Tip: Our room was facing a side street it was ok
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this Hotel & once again not disapointed , staff very friendly & helpful when we went to our room if smelt very badly of smoke & being none smokers found this horrible, after explaining to the receptionist she very kindly changed our room with no problem , & this room was nice & fresh. Breakfast is excellent with a wide range of hot & cold buffett food to choose from staff always helpful. Prices of Tea's & Coffee or beer at Hotel bar very good for hotel. The beauty of this hotel is the Sea front location & a short walk to many Resturants, 2 mins walk to the Archaeology site / Histort Museum , we also spent a day in Figueres ( Bus takes 30 mins ) where we visited the Dali Museum . When you arrive at Girona Barcelons airport you get the Bus to Girona (which takes approx 30 mins) then just across from the Bus station is the train station , get the train to Figueres ( again 30 mins ) train station & the Bus station 3 min walk away Bus to Roses ( total journey time airport to Roses between 1 1/2 & two hours ) public transport very regular & reliable which takes the stress out of traveling

Room Tip: Side Sea view excellent you can see the bay of Rose's even better than front sea view , 306 was...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I found the Marina hotel through booking.com and read the reviews on trip advisor before booking. I was using the hotel as a base to explore the area in particular to make visits to the two nearby Dali museums ( his house and the main museum in Figueres). Also my partner had her birthday during one of the nights we stayed there and we wanted to try the local places to eat which I am also reviewing. The main things which attracted me to this hotel from the previous reviews (most of them) I had read were 1) the fact this was a 'real Spanish hotel' with a local feel 2) it was friendly and 3) well located by the beach 4) the breakfast was good 5) it has a gym and sauna / hamman. 6) it has its own parking. I was not disappointed, this was how it was. It did indeed have the local feel, there was nothing of it which was a typical boring chain or a grand lobby which after you pass through you are disappointed with a small and stuffy bedroom.

It is a simple/basic and mostly very clean place, the bedroom was spacious and the bathroom had a bath and a shower and was clean and new(ish). The reception staff took time to explain things, I think we met four different receptionists whilst we stayed there and all of them were equally helpful. There was a lot of choice for breakfast, all the normal stuff PLUS ample fresh fruits and many Gluten free products, which my partner and I like. It was also well located to walk to the local restaurants, the parking was very easy ( some people said the garage was small , well it is but of you can drive OK you can get in almost any of the spaces , my car is 4.8m long and I made it OK !

Now the above were the good points . In the reviews a fair few people said it was nosiey and they are right. My three adult daughters had a room (223) which they could hear a lot of things during the night, this room was well down the corridor away from noisey stairs and doors, its just the walls are not so thick and things echo in the corridor. We had a room 201 and had what I think is normal noise, from people walking up and down the stairs , the doors shuting in the stairwell near our door and the traffic noise from the busy road in front of the hotel. None of the noises really worried me, because I knew that was one could expect if one books a older hotel on the beach front by a road. However we had two VERY terrible nights of noise because the room above (301) was full of people who must of been jumping up and down , we though perhaps they were playing WEE or something else, anyway with that and the music playing well past midnight we lost all hope of sleep and called the reception just before 1am. Very quickly the receptionist / manager went upstairs and spoke to them and they stopped. Then we had a very nice but short sleep until 7.00am. The beds by the way are ( in both rooms we had ) on the soft side but really OK. When I got down to reception I talked with them about the night and they said they understood, I asked them to make sure it would not happen on our second night ( if it should /could I would prefer a different room ) and to check if the people above were staying again , they said the people had apologised and it would not happen again, if it did the lady added they would call the police. Well it did happen again and we went through the same scenerio , in fact I found myself half dressed standing in the stairwell with the night porter trying to work out what was really going on (of course the police were not called). When I came to check out I was very unhappy and I explained everything to the day reception team , they knew about it and were very sorry but those people did not keep their promise to stay normally quiet. I paid my bill and went to my car. But in fact before I drove off I went back to reception to say I was going away feeling that this experience had spoilt was would have been otherwise a nice stay and it was a bad feeling and I should not be responsible , certainly on the second night once we had notified the hotel of the problems the previous night. They agreed with me and refunded my the parking cost (14e) , which was a nice gesture, because at least it took some responsibility and the cost beyond easy to say words. However I don't think it went far enough, as our second nights sleep was also very distrurbed and when we got back to our holiday house in France ( four hours drive away) at 4pm that day we had to go straight to bed for a few hours to catch up the lost sleep.

I dont know if I would stay here again, but we and friends will go back to Roses, we LOVED the place and the Dali visits............ I would like to try but I think I would be too worried about the noise levels. On the plus side the hotel has a good ambiance and the staff are very friendly.

PS if you like local food and old fashioned cooking visit the restaurant BBQ ( Barbeque) which has the most unpretentious well priced very tasty food at only 10e for three courses with wine. Although the food is basic it is tasty and about the onion soup on the 10e menu I dont think it is even possible to buy such a good soup in Paris anymore as so man of them are using processed ingredients , but this place has a real Mum preparing the dishes !

Room Tip: Be extremely clear about your expectations with yourself regarding noise levels, avoid the front of...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Location was right on the beach (across the road) and was within a short walk of the port and marina. The hotel itself was a little dated but clean and tidy with a range of breakfast items and an awkward coffee machine. Give me a jug! To use one of the onsite car parks you really needed to have a very small car but there is another one which has a little more space. Free WiFi if you want it but only in the public areas. The town has lots of shops and restaurants but I couldnt find one which served anything but tapas or maybe paella, fine if you like tapas. Staff were friendly and helpful, we would stay here again if in this part of the country.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Don`t be put off by the look of the outside - it`s all good inside, well our room was and so were the reception and the breakfast areas. Typically Spanish/Catalan, very friendly staff, rooms well cleaned. Great rooftop pool area and lovely wellness centre with an excellent resident therapist. Free pilates every morning. Good lifts. Sea just across the road but better swimming to the right. Lots of restaurants within easy walking. Light snacks available all day at the hotel. A great break and we would be happy to come again. Air-conditioned and lovely and cool after a very hot day.

Room Tip: We think that the rooms may be a bit more modern in the newer part of the hotel - ours was great. We...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Pleasant double room, balcony and excellent views. Comfortable and air conditioned. Pool area fab with smart residents bar, amenities and gym. Excellent breakfast - wide selection and plenty of seating. Typical Spanish style with friendly reception, waiters and maid staff. Only problem the main road opposite but excellent location and air con in room meant sleeping with doors shut so no noise to worry about.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Marina? Share your experiences!